Football 19/20

thetime

35 minutes ago, thetime said:

Oh deary me fella, you are making yourself look very immature and silly.

No some context is needed here. If was a reasonable disscussion regarding football finances. We might not have agreed on the subject but there was no abuse or name calling. Then a plastic Scouser pops up from his arm chair in Ireland with a total lack of self awareness. 

Lets just look at this.

One club gets banned for 2 years because its owner allegedly put his own money into his own football club.

One club gets banned for 6 years and gets every other club in England  banned for 5 years because its fans murdered 39 other fans in a football stadium.

Which one would you say could justifiably be called a despicable club?

I wonder who the Juventus fans think is a despicable club. 

Edited by eastynh

8 minutes ago, eastynh said:

One club gets banned for 6 years and gets every other club in England  banned for 5 years because its fans murdered 39 other fans in a football stadium.

England clubs wasn't banned for 5 years because of Heysal though. It was for years of hooliganism from english fans in Europe. 

Only reason you mentioned it is because you are pissed off with the ruling. Whilst I do not agree with FFP, reports are City were cooking the books and more fierce punishment could be dished out by the premier league.

It is certainly going to be a crazy 18months for city fans. 

7 minutes ago, thetime said:

England clubs wasn't banned for 5 years because of Heysal though. It was for years of hooliganism from english fans in Europe. 

Only reason you mentioned it is because you are pissed off with the ruling. Whilst I do not agree with FFP, reports are City were cooking the books and more fierce punishment could be dished out by the premier league.

Regardless of anything it was a discussion about finances, no need for anyone to start slinging mud. But if a plastic Scouser wants to start calling the club who I support despicable over a subject he knows absolutely nothing about, then surely I can remind him of some despicable acts associated with his own club situated on the other side of the sea.

14 minutes ago, thetime said:

England clubs wasn't banned for 5 years because of Heysal though. It was for years of hooliganism from english fans in Europe

I wonder who these fans were, as it certainly was not City fans.

This already feels like the whatabout game being taken to an unsustainable extreme.

Incidentally I've heard of suggestions Man City could also be in line for a Premier League points deduction pending their own investigations, with some of the more sensationalist bits of the media even suggesting removal from the PL. Which almost feels like a Football Manager game experiment where somebody chucks Man City into League Two and tries to see how long it'll take for them to get back to winning the title.

Either way from this there are huge ramifications. Either the appeal is thrown out, which shows FFP has teeth and sanctions worth their weight at a time when UEFA arguably needs to show it in the wake of 20-30 years where power has swung to the big clubs, or it succeeds, which could end up undoing FFP and accelerating that traction to the clubs.

9 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Fucking hell. Cant we keep civil and away from hershel shit? Using tragedies like that to defend city breaking the rules is grim 

No one is defending anyone breaking the rules. I was highlighting that someone should not really be calling another team a despicable little club, when their team has been banned from Europe for far worse.

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

Gerrard winning a title, jose winning a league at united and poch finally getting a trophy. 🤣

I wonder if they send someone round to the player's houses to take the medals off them? Then take them round to the new owners.

7 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Looking forward to City having their titles stripped away.

#TaintedTitles 

Not going to happen. We have not broken any premier league rules. Premier league FFP  did not exist when we won the first 2 and we have not breached FFP (either UEFA or Premier league in any manner since the first breach)

Also stolen or hacked emails are inadmissible in UK law. It does not matter what the premier league says. They can't be used as evidence over here as the premier league has to abide by UK law.

I find it a bit hypocritical Scousers preaching about FFP considering they would have failed it at the same time as from when City did. But because they were shit, they never qualified for Europe.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1987144-liverpool-and-financial-fair-play-how-it-affects-their-champions-league-hopes

Then when they did qualify, the only reason they did pass it was because they wrote 50 million off for a stadium that was never built

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2769766/Liverpool-investigation-UEFA-breaching-financial-fair-play-regulations.html

As for City, they were allegedly offered a deal when Cerefin attended the Etihad late last year. He wanted to do a deal and give City a small fine for a technical breach. City point blank refused. Lets see how this turns out yet. City still seem extremely confident of their position and have been adamant from the off they have done nothing wrong.

No one on here and that includes me, knows absolutely anything about the accusation, the process or the evidence. CAS have already stated there are worrying aspects in regards to what has gone on. 

Lets see what comes out in the wash. If rags and Scousers want to gt on their high horse then so be it. None of them have a clue.

Edited by eastynh

22 hours ago, eastynh said:

The Etihad deal was audited by UEFA and judged to be of fair value. From the emails it seems Etihad put in a minimal amount and the rest came from the president of the UAE. It is not illegal for the ruler or a country to give his state airline money.

surely, if the commercial entity can't afford to pay the agreed money, it cannot be a fair-value deal...? ;) 

17 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

True. But UEFA is not UK law.

But anyway, they despatched PwC to have a nosey thru the City accounts - as allowed by those FFP rules - and guess what?

UEFA have even better evidence than those 'hacked' emailed. 

Also, UEFA cant ignore clear evidence of wrongdoing, even if the emails are hacked.