Football 19/20

thetime

49 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Maybe they've sped up the process since I last checked then.

Assuming Man City don't try and bring in other legal bodies as well... although I'm not sure who they could be.

It used to be suspended while the appeal was ongoing (with transfer bans), but that's changed now as far as I'm aware. 

I reckon they wont be in next year, but will be back by the following year.

3 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Financial fair play is the establishment trying to keep thing a closed shop. They want to stop the Man City and Chelsea’s of the future costing the big teams. I don’t see this as anything to celebrate.

Man city lied and covered up their breach of the rules. 

As nick Harris said 'City always had a choice - having signed up to the FFP rules, like all the clubs in Europe - NOT to break them. Just spend a bit less, take longer to catch up. But Mansour & Khaldoon's mindset is: "We're rich. We do what we want."

Plutocracy lost today.-

6 hours ago, zahidf said:

Man city lied and covered up their breach of the rules. 

As nick Harris said 'City always had a choice - having signed up to the FFP rules, like all the clubs in Europe - NOT to break them. Just spend a bit less, take longer to catch up. But Mansour & Khaldoon's mindset is: "We're rich. We do what we want."

Plutocracy lost today.-

When the rules are put in place by the wealthy elite to protect the wealthy elite, i lose very little sleep about teams breaking them. I would get rid of the rule.

17 hours ago, pryce said:

Off to Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Mönchengladbach tomorrow! Done Fortunas stadium already albeit in the 2nd division about 1/8th full.. So this should be a much better experience 

One of my favourites in Germany - and monchengladbach will bring thousands too - enjoy 

12 hours ago, charlierc said:

I did think that there was going to be a penalty of some description but blimey this is huge.

my guess is they've gone for two years because if the sentence gets reduced it gets reduced to one year. If they'd given a one year ban then a reduction on appeal means City would get off (essentially) scott free.

And I reckon from what I've read that a punishment needs to stick. It's ridiculous to want perfect game rules with VAR but then have City thinking that administration/structure rules shouldn't apply just because they don't want to follow them.

10 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Financial fair play is the establishment trying to keep thing a closed shop. They want to stop the Man City and Chelsea’s of the future costing the big teams. I don’t see this as anything to celebrate.

it's a conspiracy by Man Utd to get them a CL place. :P 

I agree that FFP is about trying to keep a closed shop, but it's also the case that over-spending fucks clubs. At the very least the likes of Abramovich shouldn't be allowed to load the club with debt when financially doping Chelsea; if he wants to pump in money it should be done without the debt (which is perhaps how City have done it, I'm not sure).

No one on here knows absolutely anything about the whole case and are just jumping to conclusions.

The whole thing absolutely stinks. City were going to be found guilty before any case was even heard.

None of us have seen any evidence of wrong doing and for UEFA to say they will not disclose their evidence if City appeal, then that speaks volumes.

You have to laugh really. Football is strange. In any other industry, If someone bought a down trodden business, invested their own money and turned it into a self sustaining, profitable and successful business, they would be celebrated and given awards. In football you are stigmatised because you threaten an elite cartel at the top. 

It is mad how City have been punished on the evidence of hacked emails, without any context. The hacker is currently on trial awaiting criminal charges. No way would these emails be used as evidence in a court of law.

Now City have done absolutely nothing illegal, not broken a single law. Liverpool hack Citys system and take information, which is far, far, far more serious than anything City have done and nothing is said.

I expect this to go on for some time and have serious legal implications. City are adamant they have done nothing wrong. They said they would expect a pinch last time but nothing else. These accusations are a serious slight on Aby Dhabi and of independent auditors. I do not think either will accept any punishment and will fight this is the strongest possible manner.

This will run for some time.

The whole charade is bent as fuck. It is about protecting the teams at the top. FFP is a fucking joke and anti competitive.

Will be interesting to see how it turns out. 

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

No one on here knows absolutely anything about the whole case and are just jumping to conclusions.

The whole thing absolutely stinks. City were going to be found guilty before any case was even heard.

None of us have seen any evidence of wrong doing and for UEFA to say they will not disclose their evidence if City appeal, then that speaks volumes.

You have to laugh really. Football is strange. In any other industry, If someone bought a down trodden business, invested their own money and turned it into a self sustaining, profitable and successful business, they would be celebrated and given awards. In football you are stigmatised because you threaten an elite cartel at the top. 

It is mad how City have been punished on the evidence of hacked emails, without any context. The hacker is currently on trial awaiting criminal charges. No way would these emails be used as evidence in a court of law.

Now City have done absolutely nothing illegal, not broken a single law. Liverpool hack Citys system and take information, which is far, far, far more serious than anything City have done and nothing is said.

I expect this to go on for some time and have serious legal implications. City are adamant they have done nothing wrong. They said they would expect a pinch last time but nothing else. These accusations are a serious slight on Aby Dhabi and of independent auditors. I do not think either will accept any punishment and will fight this is the strongest possible manner.

The whole charade is bent as fuck. It is about protecting the teams at the top. FFP is a fucking joke and anti competitive.

It really wont run and run. Court of arbitration is the last appeal stop. 

And theres loads of evidence. They are clearly breaking the rules. The fact city fans are attacking the rules themselves is very telling.

12 minutes ago, zahidf said:

The fact city fans are attacking the rules themselves is very telling.

Why? If a cartel of oil companies had a set of rules drawn up to block investment into renewal energy and new challengers entering the market, would you be saying your not allowed to question the rules?

I don't think anyone has claimed they haven't broken the rules. But as has already been mentioned PSG have done it to a much greater extent.

Edited by lost

14 minutes ago, zahidf said:

And theres loads of evidence. They are clearly breaking the rules. The fact city fans are attacking the rules themselves is very telling.

What evidence is there? City will not stop at CAS and have already said that in their statement.

What is the evidence City have done anything wrong? Show me one single piece.

56 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I agree that FFP is about trying to keep a closed shop, but it's also the case that over-spending fucks clubs. At the very least the likes of Abramovich shouldn't be allowed to load the club with debt when financially doping Chelsea; if he wants to pump in money it should be done without the debt (which is perhaps how City have done it, I'm not sure).

I personally think if an owner wants to gift  unlimited money into a club then that should be fine as long as he/she guarantee the money and it isn't a loan.

I would also be happy with a salary cap, the big clubs dont want that of course!

18 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Just think about this rationally. The accusers are UEFA, the Prosecutors are UEFA, the judge, the jury and the executioners are UEFA. The man from UEFA behind the whole investigation said City would be banned for 2 years before an investigation had even began. What evidence do they have? Illegaly hacked emails and the hacker is currently on trial for criminal offences.

UEFA had already agreed Citys Etihad deal was fair value and independant auditors had verified everything. Where Etihad fets its money from is not UEFA's business and Etihad do not have to disclose any information to UEFA.

Take you football tribalism hat off for a minute and look at it sensibly. The whole thing stinks.

This will go a lot further than CAS.

33 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Its not only a punishment for city, but a strong message from the elite to other clubs thinking of doing similar. Know your place and keep out of the way

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Its not only a punishment for city, but a strong message from the elite to other clubs thinking of doing similar. Know your place and keep out of the way

Thats exactly it. There is too much money to be lost for United and the other g14 clubs to sink. Its all about money. This is not about levelling the field so football is competitive and fair. Its about a few people at the top making lots of money. 

Why do you think there constant negative narrative regarding City in the media? What they have achieved should be celebrated and in any other industry it would be. 

16 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Just think about this rationally. The accusers are UEFA, the Prosecutors are UEFA, the judge, the jury and the executioners are UEFA. The man from UEFA behind the whole investigation said City would be banned for 2 years before an investigation had even began. What evidence do they have? Illegaly hacked emails and the hacker is currently on trial for criminal offences.

UEFA had already agreed Citys Etihad deal was fair value and independant auditors had verified everything. Where Etihad fets its money from is not UEFA's business and Etihad do not have to disclose any information to UEFA.

Take you football tribalism hat off for a minute and look at it sensibly. The whole thing stinks.

This will go a lot further than CAS.

Lol what? Its very much their business under the rules where the money is coming from that's being pumped into city

It's clear from the emails city are guilty

36 minutes ago, lost said:

Why? If a cartel of oil companies had a set of rules drawn up to block investment into renewal energy and new challengers entering the market, would you be saying your not allowed to question the rules?

I don't think anyone has claimed they haven't broken the rules. But as has already been mentioned PSG have done it to a much greater extent.

Eastynh very much is saying this

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

City have given context, that they don't accept the rules, and not that the damning proof of the emails is incorrect.

The real reason City are being punished is that they don't accept the rules, which you've just demonstrated with similar words to what City have used.

Did City break the rules? Yep. **RULES THEY SIGNED UP TO!!!!**
(so less of the bollocks about "they would be celebrated and given awards" :rolleyes: )

Tough shit that City have been found out.

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

City are adamant they have done nothing wrong. They said they would expect a pinch last time but nothing else. These accusations are a serious slight on Aby Dhabi and of independent auditors.

yes, the guilty always own up, as you can see in any prison. :lol: 

City have been audited by independent auditors as part of the UEFA investigation. Guess what those auditors said?