Football 19/20

thetime

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Well... this winter break sucks. 

Depends. Milan derby was great last night. As was the Barca game. Both Madrid and Barca suffered shock defeats in the semis of the cup last week. 

How about this for an assist from Messi.

And this happened in France yesterday.

Edited by The Nal

article in the new york times this week on the power play in the premiership which lead to the chief exec being appointed and the transfer window being moved: 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/09/sports/soccer/premier-league-ceo.html

The article also suggests Liverpool and Man Utd have an unofficial veto on who gets the job.

On 2/10/2020 at 5:17 PM, The Nal said:

And this happened in France yesterday.

Vid is blocked, but equally, given how PSG have made Ligue 1 their property of late, it feels like its tricky to get excited about their domestic results.

On 2/11/2020 at 2:29 PM, lost said:

article in the new york times this week on the power play in the premiership which lead to the chief exec being appointed and the transfer window being moved: 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/09/sports/soccer/premier-league-ceo.html

The article also suggests Liverpool and Man Utd have an unofficial veto on who gets the job.

There was an intriguing piece by Miguel Delaney in the Independent about the concentration of wealth among the top end of football clubs - think its like 13 or so cited. Seems to be in the same ballpark about the discussions about how the big clubs are gaming football to be even more in their favour.

18 hours ago, jyoung said:

Exciting.

Very exciting, happy to see us doing business early. I was really hoping for Sancho though, which this doesn't rule out, but i think it makes it a lot less likely. If i was a Man U fan I don't think I'd be too disappointed with this.

Edited by Gromite

1 hour ago, Gromite said:

Very exciting, happy to see us doing business early. I was really hoping for Sancho though, which this doesn't rule out, but i think it makes it a lot less likely. If i was a Man U fan I don't think I'd be too disappointed with this.

Let's see. I wouldn't say it rules it out completely. I reckon he has a soft spot for us anyway.

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

I can’t seen anything than an appeal to Court of Arbitration for Sport and it being overturned. 

An appeal to the CAS is certain, which is why I believe there won't be a ban next season purely because its going to be tied up in litigation with armies of Man City and UEFA lawyers arguing for yonks over the merits of the other side's argument. Season after, maybe.

Wonder if PSG might also get excluded as a consequence. I know there were similar implications against them.

Seem to be the case in the Championship as well. Sky and a few other reports are claiming a number of Championship clubs want Sheffield Wednesday to have points deducted over the sale of the clubs' stadium to the owner.

2 minutes ago, charlierc said:

An appeal to the CAS is certain, which is why I believe there won't be a ban next season purely because its going to be tied up in litigation with armies of Man City and UEFA lawyers arguing for yonks over the merits of the other side's argument. Season after, maybe.

Wonder if PSG might also get excluded as a consequence. I know there were similar implications against them.

Seem to be the case in the Championship as well. Sky and a few other reports are claiming a number of Championship clubs want Sheffield Wednesday to have points deducted over the sale of the clubs' stadium to the owner.

CAS rulings are normally done in a few months. Will be done by may I reckon