Football 19/20

thetime

54 minutes ago, thetime said:

City's form is not actually that bad, winning 4 of the last 6.

I guess you didn't watch last night's game then. :P 

It's not like they're bad but they're lacking an edge (particularly if Aguero isn't on the field), and they're not that strong at defending. It don't really expect it to happen but it wouldn't take much for their points collection to get worse.

But anyway, I can't see anyone in 4th improving on Chelsea's current points average or Leicester's points average falling to as bad as Chelsea's.

And with Rashford out for a bit it's going to be damned hard for Utd to get much of an improvement so their hope is with Chelsea deteriorating.

3 hours ago, thetime said:

Unsure about Leicester keeping it up, only won 2 of the last 6 league games. So if a couple of the chasing pack put a good run together they can be easily reeled in. Feb could be the month where they cement or get reeled back into the pack as they have Chelsea, City and Wolves.

Then again Chelsea have only won 1 of the last 6 games, so they are not putting a run together either.

I haven't seen anything to suggest any of United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs etc are capable of putting a run together.

Edited by Hugh Jass

7 hours ago, zahidf said:

Burnley tonking Utd at old Trafford is hilarious.

I had half an eye on the game at the pub, and from what I could see - even at 2 down - Utd were playing with all of the urgency and desire of a team who were three up.

Highlight for me was Lingz moaning about something or other in a typical Utd entitled style.

7 hours ago, zahidf said:

I hope liverpool drop some points soon.

tonight, probably. 

15 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I don't understand this debate about whether Man It's problems are down to Ole or the owners/board. Surely it's more than possible that Woodward is useless and at the same time Ole is massively unqualified for the job.

Yup. It all seems to be a 1992 nostalgia trip

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I don't understand this debate about whether Man It's problems are down to Ole or the owners/board. Surely it's more than possible that Woodward is useless and at the same time Ole is massively unqualified for the job.

Its both yeah. 17 players have left this season and 3 have come in. The bench last night was a disgrace.

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

As I've said year after year, United's transfer policy has been horrendous.

28 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Its both yeah. 17 players have left this season and 3 have come in. The bench last night was a disgrace.

How many first team players left? Lets not use stats that were mostly unused players. United have enough bad points to go on as it is.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Phil Neville said United have got to stick with Solskjaer and that "they are where they are and people have got to accept it." 

Thankfully sexists Phils opinion is irrelevant.

49 minutes ago, thetime said:

How many first team players left? Lets not use stats that were mostly unused players. United have enough bad points to go on as it is.

Valencia, Herrera, Fellaini, Lukaku, Sanchez and Young. Loads of unused and young lads released who could've been given a run in the pisspot or to plug injury gaps such as now. The bench last night was a joke.

We'll see if anything changes after a few months of attendances like last night.

4 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Regardless of how good they were for Man U, selling Lukaku and Sanchez and not signing another striker was a fuck-up.

Lukaku wasnt going to play much, certainly not 1st choice. If they were going to get the cash, they were going to take it. 

No point signing a striker just for the sake of it, that's the mistake united have made for years. 

I don't see much issue with the strikers, it's the midfield that's the issue. Saying that united have spent 300m just on centre midfielders, just a shame it's been failure after failure.

Least said about sanchez the better.

Just now, thetime said:

Lukaku wasnt going to play much, certainly not 1st choice. If they were going to get the cash, they were going to take it. 

No point signing a striker just for the sake of it, that's the mistake united have made for years. 

I don't see much issue with the strikers, it's the midfield that's the issue. Saying that united have spent 300m just on centre midfielders, just a shame it's been failure after failure.

Least said about sanchez the better.

Meh. Team is listless, players rushed back from injury, lacking in genuine leaders and has the tactical purpose of an under 11 side.

Get Poch in all 4 improve in a month. The Olly can get back to his P.E. job in Oslo.