Football 19/20

thetime

12 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Watched the Milan game, the Juve game and some of the Barca game!

The Premier League has been over for months though. Its always boring when one team are running away with it. Same for the 2nd half of the first RVP at Utd year.

The league is shite ive been saying it for years. Utd need another billion quid chucked at it.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Allison with more assists than Lingard. :P 

Amazing Lingard is still there. genuinely amazing. And thats apart from the fact that hes a total prat.

3 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

The league is shite ive been saying it for years. Utd need another billion quid chucked at it.

Nah that won't work.

pzzCFv6.png

But with Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd being fairly shite the top 6 is very diluted. Seems a long way back for all of those 4 at the moment.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Amazing Lingard is still there. genuinely amazing. And thats apart from the fact that hes a total prat.

Nah that won't work.

pzzCFv6.png

But with Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd being fairly shite the top 6 is very diluted. Seems a long way back for all of those 4 at the moment.

To me the most impressive thing about the last 2 Liverpool seasons is the fact they have done it on 69 million net spend. They have put rivals to shame in the transfer market.

22 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

To me the most impressive thing about the last 2 Liverpool seasons is the fact they have done it on 69 million net spend. They have put rivals to shame in the transfer market.

Well there was still £400m of a Liverpool squad out there yesterday but they've sold so well. 30m for Benteke, 20m for Solanke etc and 140m for Coutinho rather hilariously. 

Klopp must still laugh about that. 

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Well there was still £400m of a Liverpool squad out there yesterday but they've sold so well. 30m for Benteke, 20m for Solanke etc and 140m for Coutinho rather hilariously. 

Klopp must still laugh about that. 

They have a 400 million squad because they have invested the money from players they have sold. To me net spend is the fair comparison and they blow their rivals away.

32 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Didn't they manage to get some clause about Barca paying another £80m on top if they buy any more of their players in the next years as well?

Barca should've had some clause in there for when he turned into Tom Cleverley. 

16 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

They have a 400 million squad because they have invested the money from players they have sold. To me net spend is the fair comparison and they blow their rivals away.

Indeed, selling well is as important as buying well. Utd just let players contracts run down. Loads of desperate sales and freebies.

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

Champions League and Europa League both had all-English finals last year.  Four teams into the CL knock-out stages.  The top-end of the English league, rather than diluted, has arguably never been stronger.

Edited by p.pete

6 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Champions League and Europa League both had all-English finals last year.  Four teams into the CL knock-out stages.  The top-end of the English league, rather than diluted, has arguably never been stronger.

That was last season.

Chelsea are 25 points off the top in 4th. They're closer to the bottom of the league than the top.

Utd are 5th, Spurs are 8th, Arsenal are 10th at the moment. 

4 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I saw a quote that said liverpool's first 11 have tripled in value whilst in liverpool 

18 hours ago, The Nal said:

That was last season.

Chelsea are 25 points off the top in 4th. They're closer to the bottom of the league than the top.

Utd are 5th, Spurs are 8th, Arsenal are 10th at the moment. 

You could argue the league is becoming stronger overall, and divide from top to bottom is becoming less, no English teams are doing terribly in Europe. Liverpool are just on another level though...

9 minutes ago, Gromite said:

You could argue the league is becoming stronger overall, and divide from top to bottom is becoming less, no English teams are doing terribly in Europe. Liverpool are just on another level though...

Maybe yeah. The other big leagues have similar dips. Bayern struggling with Leipzig top, Atletico misfiring too, Barca have lost 3 already, Lazio 3rd in Serie A etc.Odd year.

Interesting that its not the usual suspects running away with the leagues though. Could have Liverpool, Leipzig and Inter as Champs this year. 

9 minutes ago, Gromite said:

Liverpool are just on another level though...

Very much so. Miles ahead of the the rest. 

1 minute ago, thetime said:

3rd and 4th place is going to be an interesting race, especially as the top 2will be sorted by easter.

uh? :blink:

I can't really see anyone displacing the current top 3. 

I'd have said 4th & 5th are the interesting ones. I've little doubt it'll be Chelsea and Utd (unless Wolves win tomorrow, perhaps), but which way round? Chelsea drawing last night was a big gain for Utd.

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

uh? :blink:

I can't really see anyone displacing the current top 3. 

I'd have said 4th & 5th are the interesting ones. I've little doubt it'll be Chelsea and Utd (unless Wolves win tomorrow, perhaps), but which way round? Chelsea drawing last night was a big gain for Utd.

Unsure about Leicester keeping it up, only won 2 of the last 6 league games. So if a couple of the chasing pack put a good run together they can be easily reeled in. Feb could be the month where they cement or get reeled back into the pack as they have Chelsea, City and Wolves.

Then again Chelsea have only won 1 of the last 6 games, so they are not putting a run together either.

4 minutes ago, thetime said:

Unsure about Leicester keeping it up, only won 2 of the last 6 league games. So if a couple of the chasing pack put a good run together they can be easily reeled in.

you might as well be saying the same for City too, then - who've looked a lot more vulnerable at times than Leicester. Leicester have been on a fantastic run for the last year since Rodgers joined, so a dip for a bit it's a biggie. It'll swing back their way, I'm sure.

4 minutes ago, thetime said:

Then again Chelsea have only won 1 of the last 6 games, so they are not putting a run together either.

few thought Chelsea would be in 4th so they've been over-achieving to a degree. Them dropping a little wouldn't be much of a surprise.

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

you might as well be saying the same for City too, then - who've looked a lot more vulnerable at times than Leicester. Leicester have been on a fantastic run for the last year since Rodgers joined, so a dip for a bit it's a biggie. It'll swing back their way, I'm sure.

City's form is not actually that bad, winning 4 of the last 6. It is only because Liverpool's form has been so good that it is more noticeable, compared to everyone else in the league city have been pretty stable.