Football 19/20

thetime

42 minutes ago, santowhir said:

I know what your trying to do, and it's not going to work sorry. 👍

eh? :blink:

I was simply pointing out the points gaps from 5th. I thought Man Utd fans would think I was having a pop at their team.

I'm not having a pop at Liverpool. They're fantastic, perhaps one of the best teams ever - but they're not the only team with an unusual number of points.

It's impossible to measure whether the unusual number of points right thru the table is because some teams are unusually strong, or because some are unusually weak.

I was simply pointing out the unusual spread of points.

5 minutes ago, thetime said:

Steady on.

As I said, impossible to measure.

But stuff like the most points collected since the dawn of time for the first 21 games for the top 5 leagues in Europe, + unbeaten for a year (with more wins than the invincibles) does at least suggest it as a possibility.

I included that line just to demonstrate to santo that I wasn't having a pop at Liverpool when I pointed out the points spread and said it was about more than just Liverpool.

7 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Nope. Leicester have picked up more points per game than they got in their title winning season, and ManC are doing better than Leicester. 

So it's not only about the team in 1st.

Yeah if Liverpool had 10 or so less points, we'd have a title race on. They've just had such a uniquely impressive winning run. If it wasn't for Manchester United at Old Trafford, we'd be looking at a 100% clean sweep for these first months of the season. 

Regardless of whether people like Liverpool or not, its very impressive.

10 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Easty going to bed on sat night in his Brian McClair '91 Utd shirt.

I went to bed last night in my Sergio Aguero pyjamas after getting home from watching him smash records to pieces at Villa Park. What a man, what a player.

I am not arsed about the United v Liverpool on Sunday. City are not going to win the league this year so would rather United lose.

With Laporte and Sane now nearing fitness, City need concentrate on the 3 cups.

As mentioned previously, Sergio Aguero what a guy, the greatest goal scorer the Premier League has ever seen. Its been an absolute pleasure to see him in action close up. With the rest of this season and next to go, he should get above Rooney in the premier league scoring charts.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, eastynh said:

As mentioned previously, Sergio Aguero what a guy, the greatest goal scorer the Premier League has ever seen.

He is fantastic. :) 

But he's not the greatest goal-scorer the Prem has ever seen, yet. He's merely the best overseas player.

Shearer is still wearing that crown.

City are going to need to find a replacement cos the current crowd aren't of the same level as Aguero.

Edited by eFestivals

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

He is fantastic. :) 

But he's not the greatest goal-scorer the Prem has ever seen, yet. He's merely the best overseas player.

Shearer is still wearing that crown.

City are going to need to find a replacement cos the current crowd aren't of the same level as Aguero.

Shearer has 379 career goals in 734 matches. Aguero has 373 goals in 649 games. Agueros goals per game record is also far better than Shearers.

Shearers has 30 in 61 at international level where as Agueros is 41 in 90. 

Aguero has scored more goals than Shearer, done it in far less time and done it in different countries. Shearer has a better penalty record.

12 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Shearer has 379 career goals in 734 matches. Aguero has 373 goals in 649 games. Agueros goals per game record is also far better than Shearers.

Shearers has 30 in 61 at international level where as Agueros is 41 in 90. 

Aguero has scored more goals than Shearer, done it in far less time and done it in different countries. Shearer has a better penalty record.

Most of those goals were scored playing for Newcastle. He wasn't playing with Silva and De Bruyne. Newcastle got relegated shortly after Shearer retired. 

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Most of those goals were scored playing for Newcastle. He wasn't playing with Silva and De Bruyne. Newcastle got relegated shortly after Shearer retired. 

That was Shearers choice, he could have chosen to test himself at the top level, but he didn't. Thats not Aguero's fault.

23 minutes ago, eastynh said:

That was Shearers choice, he could have chosen to test himself at the top level, but he didn't. Thats not Aguero's fault.

You claimed the greatest for the Prem, and then gave career stats. ;) 

28 minutes ago, The Nal said:

good point, very well made. :) 

30 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I know but its not a like for like comparison. Its obviously easier for Aguero due to the great teams hes played in. City score 5 every game too. 

Shearer was playing with Kevin Gallacher and Shola Ameobi.

Aguero is incredible by the way. One of the greats of his generation no question. 

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

I know but its not a like for like comparison. Its obviously easier for Aguero due to the great teams hes played in. City score 5 every game too. 

However in contrast I would argue that at Newcastle Shearer could have the team built around him, which hasnt happened for Aguero. Both great players but Aguero better in my view.

34 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Hence why I said hes the greatest striker the premier league has seen, not the highest scoring premier league player.

There is a few more that can be put in the greatest in the prem era than just Shearer and aguero. 

Likes of Bergkamp, Henry, van nistelrooy for example. It was not to long ago when even pep didn't rate aguero to much.