Football 19/20

thetime

3 minutes ago, jyoung said:

You didn't see Drogba's entire Chelsea career then?

Did I say he was everything Drogba was?

The impact when Antonio came on a week or two back was huge, and that change was down to his fight. He was much the same this weekend.

There's not many players who do it in that way, and the obvious comparison was Drogba.

Edited by eFestivals

I think Atletico will definitely give Liverpool a run for their money. Defensively they are one of the very best. Whether or not that will be enough remains to be seen but I think their style will prove more difficult for Liverpool than a team like PSG or Barcelona's would.

Tough draw for Chelsea. Bayern score goals for fun and Lewandowksi is in unreal. The only saving grace is that Bayern look pretty rubbish defensively (much like ourselves) and are in quite poor form compared to their usual standards.

City vs Madrid will be a cracker no doubt and you'd expect Spurs to have enough to brush aside Leipzig.

Edited by jyoung

17 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I'd have the exact same yeah although as @jyoung says Bayern are very hot and cold at the moment. They lose 5-1 to Frankfurt and then beat Dortmund 4-0 the following week. 

Let's see what business Chelsea do in Jan. If we shore up the back line we could give them a decent tie. We definitely need some reinforcements to compete with the world class teams though.

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

“Right lads, people think we’re racist. We need a poster campaign to convince everyone otherwise”.

”I know! Let’s put a monkey on the poster!”

”Great idea! I can’t possibly see that could backfire.”

I think from what I have read the artist speciality is monkey pictures, so the mistake seems to be the selection of artist rather than the artist decision on the design.

If you look closely the three monkeys have been done with different racial features so you have a "white" monkey an "asian" monkey and a "black" monkey which seems somewhat problematic in itself on top of it being a terrible idea to use monkeys in anti-racism campaign, but the idea I believe is to say we are all monkeys.