Football 19/20

thetime

1 hour ago, kaosmark2 said:

Give it until next season. 

I will say this though before I ride into the sunset. Those fucking idiots who threw the projectiles and made the racist gesture need banning and prosecuting. Their actions were absolutely disgusting and deplorable.

United were better and wanted it more. City look like a once great boxer who has had one fight too many.

9 hours ago, eastynh said:

I will say this though before I ride into the sunset. Those fucking idiots who threw the projectiles and made the racist gesture need banning and prosecuting. Their actions were absolutely disgusting and deplorable.

United were better and wanted it more. City look like a once great boxer who has had one fight too many.

Pep off? Doesn't seem to be the type for a rebuild over a few years. 

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Pep off? Doesn't seem to be the type for a rebuild over a few years. 

I doubt he will go anywhere as of yet. Where else will he get the control and opportunities as he does at City.

There is not a massive rebuild need doing. Now United played superbly for half hour and cut us to ribbons. City were crap yet still could have taken something from the game. We got fucked over by VAR yet again. The Fred handball before half time should have been a penalty.

With Laporte at CB, Fernandinho at CM, Sane back in and Aguero up front, It is a different proposition.

Fair play to United though, they could have been 4-0 up before we knew what happened. They cut us to ribbons and were worthy winners on the day.

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Football moves in cycles. City had an absolutely fantastic side for a few years but now it’s coming to an end and Liverpool are peaking. Happens all the time.

I'm not sure it's coming to an end at city. I think it's more to do with how hard it is to keep going at that high level.

There was an interview I heard recently with Kompany, where he said how heavily the pressure from Liverpool was getting to city last season. I thought that was quite revealing.

Mind you, they do need an Agero replacement. Someone who can score against the better teams.

As an aside Newcastle are quietly going along nicely. 22 points (10th) and 2 points off 5th. Not that i'm suggesting they will finish there but they are grinding out results and only beaten once at home so far this season.

It will hopefully be nice to not have to worry about relegation and enjoy a decent cup run in the FA cup but this is Newcastle and no doubt it will go tits up. Still through gritted teeth I have to give Steve Bruce some credit. Rafa would have been idolised for the last 3 results this week. 

1 minute ago, Doug85 said:

As an aside Newcastle are quietly going along nicely. 22 points (10th) and 2 points off 5th. Not that i'm suggesting they will finish there but they are grinding out results and only beaten once at home so far this season.

It will hopefully be nice to not have to worry about relegation and enjoy a decent cup run in the FA cup but this is Newcastle and no doubt it will go tits up. Still through gritted teeth I have to give Steve Bruce some credit. Rafa would have been idolised for the last 3 results this week. 

I'm absolutely baffled by it. We don't even have any attacking players that are scoring!