Football 19/20

thetime

14 hours ago, Wooderson said:

For context whats your take on Tyler?

Somewhere above Drury but below the likes of Davies.

14 hours ago, Wooderson said:

In comp to current shower, my youth was spoiled by Gubba, Motson, Sinstadt (and especially) Davies.

Nice list but you’ve missed Bryon Butler and Brian Moore. 

3 hours ago, TheGayTent said:

Somewhere above Drury but below the likes of Davies.

Nice list but you’ve missed Bryon Butler and Brian Moore. 

Drury is miles better than Tyler.

Fair point on Moore. Also should have included Brackley, Green and Ingham. Couple of those are controversial I know. I've a fondness for them all though. Tyler a vulgar exponent.

23 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Drury is miles better than Tyler.

Fair point on Moore. Also should have included Brackley, Green and Ingham. Couple of those are controversial I know. I've a fondness for them all though. Tyler a vulgar exponent.

You’ve included Green on your list therefore your opinion is laughable and invalid. 

1 hour ago, TheGayTent said:

You’ve included Green on your list therefore your opinion is laughable and invalid. 

Ha! Knew you'd say that. Have fondness for him going back to the years of avid listening to himself and the peerless Jimmy Armfield on 5Live.

48 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

i can't really see him going anywhere at the mo, tho. The team are flying and he appears to have a decent owner.

Whether he is on a 3 year or 5 year contract. Whether he leaves will depend on the opportunities that arise which are out of his control. I dont think he is any more/less likely to leave now his contract is extended, but Leicester will get more compensation if he does.

17 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

I totally agree with this but worth adding that the same would have been said the day before he left Celtic.

but he'd done everything he could do with Celtic, and was waiting for a decent Prem offer. 

He's got a decent Prem offer and he's going places with it, and an offer from Arsenal isn't a better offer and doesn't look like it'll go places.

Edited by eFestivals

10 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Whether he is on a 3 year or 5 year contract. Whether he leaves will depend on the opportunities that arise which are out of his control. I dont think he is any more/less likely to leave now his contract is extended, but Leicester will get more compensation if he does.

I disagree. 

For the moment (it might be different in a few years) there's nowhere better to go than where he is, so other opportunites won't drag him away.

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I disagree. 

For the moment (it might be different in a few years) there's nowhere better to go than where he is, so other opportunites won't drag him away.

He has effectively used the Arsenal job becoming available to negotiate a pay rise, Leicester are compensated by being in a position to demand more compensation if he leaves. However signing the contract doesn't make him any less likely to leave Leicester in my view, if a big job that interests him is available and offered at the end of the season, he will take it, just as he would if he hadn't extended his contract.

Leicester are having a great season, but as when they won the league they have had to rely on richer sides underperforming. Rogers may make a judgement at the end of next season that is stock won't rise.

However to leave he needs a big job to be available and offered to him. I don't think he would be offered the City or United jobs. Would he go abroad?

Just now, pink_triangle said:

if a big job that interests him is available

but there's no bigger job than the one he's already got. He's 2nd in the league and the only better team won't be re-employing their ex manager just yet.

It'll take a downturn at Leicester or him feeling he's taken them as far as he can or an argument with the owners before he leaves - unless there's a particular job he covets more than just getting one of the standard better jobs.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

but there's no bigger job than the one he's already got. He's 2nd in the league and the only better team won't be re-employing their ex manager just yet.

If that is true then signing a new contract doesn't really change anything. I dont think the extra pay means he will turn down jobs, he would have accepted last week.

If Pep decided this week he has had enough and walked there is no way Brendan would look at the table and say it's not for him, he would snap their hand off.

He is unlikely to leave mid table with the points as it is, but come the end of the season everyone starts on zero and the offers (if they come) may look more attractive.

11 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

If that is true then signing a new contract doesn't really change anything.

i think it probably does. He'd disclosed that his old contract had a set buy-out clause.

So if nothing else it seems likely the price of that would have been increased - or it might have been removed entirely.

I'm pretty sure he had no intention of going to Arsenal (his dream job too!) but he saw an opportunity to get a better contract and worked things to make sure that happened.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

i think it probably does. He'd disclosed that his old contract had a set buy-out clause.

So if nothing else it seems likely the price of that would have been increased - or it might have been removed entirely.

I'm pretty sure he had no intention of going to Arsenal (his dream job too!) but he saw an opportunity to get a better contract and worked things to make sure that happened.

Apparently Celtic was his dream job remember.

As I said, I agree that he’s probably set for a while at Leicester but was just pointing out he moved before. 

Many folk thought he would stay at Celtic to go for 10 leagues in a row. 

I could see him moving abroad. Doubt Leicester will establish themselves as a regular champs league team but hopefully they can hang in the top 4. Quite like watching them this year.

5 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

He has effectively used the Arsenal job becoming available to negotiate a pay rise, Leicester are compensated by being in a position to demand more compensation if he leaves. However signing the contract doesn't make him any less likely to leave Leicester in my view, if a big job that interests him is available and offered at the end of the season, he will take it, just as he would if he hadn't extended his contract.

Leicester are having a great season, but as when they won the league they have had to rely on richer sides underperforming. Rogers may make a judgement at the end of next season that is stock won't rise.

However to leave he needs a big job to be available and offered to him. I don't think he would be offered the City or United jobs. Would he go abroad?

Agree with all of this.

Not getting excited as a Leeds fan.... Hurt me.. To many .. All the times 

Feeling a lot like last season, expect West brom and Fulham to spend and finish above us as we stand still, then lose to forest in the playoffs or someone who finishes 15 points behind us