Football 19/20

thetime

19 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I'm hoping that I can cast it from my tablet to the TV. I've just checked with a 'normal' Prime video so fingers crossed its the same for the footie.

fucking amazon w*nkers. There was no way to cast from the app. Instead I used my laptop and cast to the TV from that.

The video stalled a few times, but the audio was stuttering all the way thru - nothing that made it unwatchable, just split-seconds when there was no crowd noise.

I mostly get better hooky streams than that.

Edited by eFestivals

7 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

What a footballer.

He was fantastic last night (apart from missing sitters :blink: ), and I'm still drooling over that pass, and yet ...

I'm pretty sure the reason why I'm drooling is because the pass was such a no-brainer, and that I'd spotted it a few steps before Mane made it.

He delivered it perfectly of course, but it didn't take any great vision to make it - so perhaps it wasn't so good after all?

Compare with TAA's pass to Mane for Mane's goal when everyone was expecting the pass to The Cube. That was the unexpected superb pass.

On 12/4/2019 at 2:47 PM, DareToDibble said:

I watched the City game on Prime last night, thought it was great. I didn't have any issues with the quality or skipping, wouldn't have known it wasn't through Sky. And praise the lord they don't have Martin Tyler, terrible commendation. Peter Drury is fantastic and seems to be Amazon's key commentator.

Oh and they have a setting to turn off the commentary if you want and just listen to the atmosphere in the stadium which I oddly didn't hate as much as I thought I would.

Peter Drury is one of the worst commentators of just about any sport let alone football ! 

1 hour ago, TheGayTent said:

Peter Drury is one of the worst commentators of just about any sport let alone football ! 

Really? I remember listening to his commentary on Liverpool v Barcelona and then Martin Tyler on the same game.

Felt he properly got across the importance and excitement of his goals whereas Tyler sounded like someone had shot his dog. 

1 minute ago, TheGayTent said:

For me, Drury has never managed to understand the nuances of tv commentary against radio commentary (which is he actually pretty good at). 

Drury is of course, an improvement on Clive Tyldesley 

For context whats your take on Tyler?

In comp to current shower, my youth was spoiled by Gubba, Motson, Sinstadt (and especially) Davies.

VAR's gone from terrible to ridiculous tonight at Sheff Utd. 

Actually edited to add I thought I heard a whistle on the tv which I guess the Utd players did too? Still shelvey seemed to be the only one still playing and then asking for VAR.

Edited by lost