Football 19/20

thetime

Good article in the Athletic in Liverpool about Liverpool net spend which is only 80 million since Klopp became manager and 20% of City in the same period.  What the article outlined is how well liverpool have sold during that time, even getting good money for players I had never heard of.  Apparently every player they have sold is now worth less money than Liverpool got which is an amazing stat.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

Good article in the Athletic in Liverpool about Liverpool net spend which is only 80 million since Klopp became manager and 20% of City in the same period.  What the article outlined is how well liverpool have sold during that time, even getting good money for players I had never heard of.  Apparently every player they have sold is now worth less money than Liverpool got which is an amazing stat.

One wonders will LFC be able to recruit their next manager as well as they recruited the incumbent.

Team of the decade time everyone. There are a couple of nailed on choices really

De Gea

Zabaletta

Kompany

Terry

Cole (struggling for a consistent left back through the decade. Cole has been the best lb I have seen this decade)

Fernandinho

Yaya

Silva

Hazard

Aguero

Suarez

Good shout outs for Kante who is touch and go with Fernandinho. I see more of Fernandinho, he has won more, has more to his game and can play in more positions. If Aguero was not so shit hot, Vardy would get in and Sterling has been amazing.

7 hours ago, jyoung said:

Ivanovic over Zabaleta and Bale over Suarez for me.

Could not really with Bale over Suarez, both top quality players. Ivanovic was a top player, I just think Zaba's longevity puts him on top. You could argue Walker as well. He has been consistently good for 2 different clubs over the decade.

Baines maybe for left back?

36 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Could not really with Bale over Suarez, both top quality players. Ivanovic was a top player, I just think Zaba's longevity puts him on top. You could argue Walker as well. He has been consistently good for 2 different clubs over the decade.

Baines maybe for left back?

For me Ashley Cole is best LB I've ever seen but yeah, Baines has done the job for the entire decade so you can't really deny him the spot.

2 hours ago, jyoung said:

For me Ashley Cole is best LB I've ever seen but yeah, Baines has done the job for the entire decade so you can't really deny him the spot.

Thats the thing with teams of the decade, do you put in the best players who have played in the decade? Or is it players who have played at the top level for an extended of time?

For me the only change I would make if it was the best players to appear in the premier league would be to leave Fernandinho out, move Yaya back a bit and play KDB.

There is a shout for replacing Terry with either Ferdinand or Vidic. All three were top class.

11 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Silva surely is next. I can't see them getting anything from Leicester at the weekend. After that they've got Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal. You can see them being in the bottom three on Christmas day after those games...

Think that's why he'll stay short term so the new manager isn't thrown in with unwinnable games. Board room paralysis too apparently, Kenwright wants his mates Moyes back whilst Moshiri isn't keen.

Wonder if West Ham will nip in for him before.

As VAR seems to be completely ruining the game I'd say this is a good time just to close the club down and allow the fans to do something more productive with their saturday afternoons :P

Edited by lost