Football 19/20

thetime

54 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Easty, fancy a job as an influencer?

Screenshot_20191023-115259_Twitter.thumb.jpg.b0904dd887eb6bb4cac20f66e15d512e.jpg

Not now I have managed to get on days only at work. I would have given anything ago a few months ago.Nights were making me ill.

Another injury last night but we just keep going. Absolutely remarkable team and the football we play is absolutely glorious.

That Foden kid looked pretty good as well.

On 10/22/2019 at 10:22 AM, eFestivals said:

OK, let's highlight Liverpool and City this season. :) 

Which one of the two isn't good enough as demonstrated by losing games and dropping points?

yep, there's a lack of squad depth, but they don't have a despot's riches from slavery to outspend all other teams.

Even with that lack of squad depth they did again what City can't do.

the rules are the rules and they won the matches that count.

You know, like City lost more games in the PL but still won cos of the rules.
(and would have lost under old rules!)

Blue moon desperation sets in. :lol: 

Which cup would city have rather won?

The won that Liverpool won.

Maybe this season, eh? :D 

So basically I shut you up after you started talking nonesense about last season and you try to dig yourself by talking absolute codswallop about Citys owners, despots and money spent. You also mention this season.

its pointless discussing finances or ownerships with you as you just sound like a clueless and irate Sun journalist. 

In reply to this season, there is still a long way to go. 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

yup, begging for fans isn't a good look for a team where the fans over-crow how big and popular they are.

Links?

Utter bollocks, you might get the odd one but its not priority for most City fans how popular we become, stop talking shite.

Edited by jamesrain

45 minutes ago, eastynh said:

So basically I shut you up after you started talking nonesense about last season and you try to dig yourself by talking absolute codswallop about Citys owners, despots and money spent. You also mention this season.

its pointless discussing finances or ownerships with you as you just sound like a clueless and irate Sun journalist. 

In reply to this season, there is still a long way to go. 

There is very definitely a long way to go.

Which is why I laughed at your "not good enough" about Liverpool. It'as like you'#re certain you know how that long season will go. 

As for the despot and the player spending, why are you scared of the truth? 

15 minutes ago, jamesrain said:

Links?

Utter bollocks, you might get the odd one but its not priority for most City fans how popular we become, stop talking shite.

you can find some claims about fantastic city crowds in this or the other yearly footie topics here. It's been round more than once when someone else (not me) has had a dig about empty seats.

And yep, I agree it's not a priority for most city fans about how popular city become. :) 

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

There is very definitely a long way to go.

Which is why I laughed at your "not good enough" about Liverpool. It'as like you'#re certain you know how that long season will go. 

As for the despot and the player spending, why are you scared of the truth? 

You're forgetting one key aspect here and I have mentioned it many times on this very forum. I do not care one little bit about City's owners or the financies involved. 

I mentioned that I think City will win the league because of their superior squad strength. You then go off on one regarding last season. I put you straight about last season and then for some strange and unknown reason, you start going on about Citys ownership and their financies. The funny thing is you have not got any idea about Citys ownership or their financies. Just just spout absolute nonesense. No surprise really considering you seem to be a Scouse sympathiser.

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I do not care one little bit about City's owners or the financies involved. 

that's alright then, you won't mind me saying it. :) 

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I mentioned that I think City will win the league because of their superior squad strength.

No one doubts they've got a superior squad to everyone, but a superior squad to everyone doesn't guarantee winning else City would have won the CL last season. And the season before. And the season before that. 

And is also very different to "Liverpools squad is not good enough" (to win the league).

Liverpool's squad is very clearly good enough to win the league - but that doesn't mean they will, same as City's superior squad doesn't mean they'll win it either. It's likely to be one or the other, but then again it might be neither. 

55 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Fair play, things seem to clicking for him at the moment. 

It's going well. Most impressive thing vs Newcastle and Ajax was how difficult it was to get the win. There's a great spirit there. It will be tested and we'll see how it plays out over the course of the season but right now, pretty gassed.

9 minutes ago, jyoung said:

It's going well. Most impressive thing vs Newcastle and Ajax was how difficult it was to get the win. There's a great spirit there. It will be tested and we'll see how it plays out over the course of the season but right now, pretty gassed.

With kids as well, and after your best player was sold. Early days still of course but it looks like it will be fun!

9 hours ago, zahidf said:

With kids as well, and after your best player was sold. Early days still of course but it looks like it will be fun!

Its funny I looked at the stats for average age of teams/squads to see if Chelsea was significantly different to others in league. It was in fact Arsenal with youngest squad in the league and 1 month ago (can't find more recent stat) man utd youngest team.

I think Chelsea have had a good start to the season and if your going to finish 3rd/4th this is a more fun way to do it, but I also think they have had some luck with other teams regression.

I think Lampard also benefits from media love, where everything he does is slightly overhyped, from last season with Derby to this.

The group stages is all about getting enough points, so a win against Ajax is a good results. At the same time I felt some were describing Chelsea as if they were plucky underdogs against the established Ajax, the wage bills wouldn't reflect this.

So in conclusion I think lampard is doing a good job, but some of the plaudits are a bit OTT.

53 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Its funny I looked at the stats for average age of teams/squads to see if Chelsea was significantly different to others in league. It was in fact Arsenal with youngest squad in the league and 1 month ago (can't find more recent stat) man utd youngest team.

I think Chelsea have had a good start to the season and if your going to finish 3rd/4th this is a more fun way to do it, but I also think they have had some luck with other teams regression.

I think Lampard also benefits from media love, where everything he does is slightly overhyped, from last season with Derby to this.

The group stages is all about getting enough points, so a win against Ajax is a good results. At the same time I felt some were describing Chelsea as if they were plucky underdogs against the established Ajax, the wage bills wouldn't reflect this.

So in conclusion I think lampard is doing a good job, but some of the plaudits are a bit OTT.

Oh, I was saying it's going to be a disaster. The run may not last but it's clear it's a good atmosphere at the club at the moment.

An away win at Ajax is very good as well. 

@pink_triangle the average age thing is a talking point but what's more important is how those players are performing. The Chelsea youngsters are obviously fairing more successfully than United's despite losing against them on opening day.

I think it is also worth considering that United youngsters such as AWB, McTominay and Rashford had 184 PL appearances between them prior to the start of the season whereas Mount, Tomori and Tammy had 32 (31 of which came from Tammy at Swansea). What's impressive is the fact they are performing so well despite that lack of PL experience.

I do however agree with the media love in. I was talking about this last night. It's been Liverpool and Spurs the past few years but I think interviewers, commentators and pundits will all be gushing over Frank this season if the form continues. It's a bit sickly and definitely not what Chelsea are used to but we'll take it?

Edited by jyoung

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

@pink_triangle the average age thing is a talking point but what's more important is how those players are performing. The Chelsea youngsters are obviously fairing more successfully than United's despite losing against them on opening day.

I think it is also worth considering that United youngsters such as AWB, McTominay and Rashford had 184 PL appearances between them prior to the start of the season whereas Mount, Tomori and Tammy had 32 (31 of which came from Tammy at Swansea). What's impressive is the fact they are performing so well despite that lack of PL experience.

I do however agree with the media love in. I was talking about this last night. It's been Liverpool and Spurs the past few years but I think interviewers, commentators and pundits will all be gushing over Frank this season if the form continues. It's a bit sickly and definitely not what Chelsea are used to but we'll take it?

The fact is however the Chelsea league position is where it should be for wages that Chelsea spend. The gap between man u and chelsea is 7 points, but based on performances I think it could easily be far less.

If Lampard can get the media to continue to lick his backside he is a lucky man.

35 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

The fact is however the Chelsea league position is where it should be for wages that Chelsea spend.

That's good then isn't it?

35 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

The gap between man u and chelsea is 7 points, but based on performances I think it could easily be far less.

Could be but it isn't...

23 hours ago, eFestivals said:

despot and the player spending

talking of which, what do Utd fans think about the possibility of being taken over by the richer despot of MSB?

I hear OT is getting scruffy and I can't really see the glazers dipping in their pockets for a makeover so from some points of view it'd be a good thing. And it'd be amusing for City to find themselves outspent.