Football 19/20

thetime

14 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Aged 4 I got taken to watch a local match, between the village team where I lived, and the village team my cousin's boyfriend/husband (?) played for.

All 22 players were booked - one in his hospital bed - and a linesman was booked, and one sent off.

Just found a documentary on youtube for it.

I live a stone's throw from a few places featured in this. Played Tongham twice a year for the 7/8 years we shared divisions. Nothing's changed :lol:.

24 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I live a stone's throw from a few places featured in this. Played Tongham twice a year for the 7/8 years we shared divisions. Nothing's changed :lol:.

I was brought up in Hawley, and have lived most of my life around Aldershot.

(also worked in the pub by the station in the town where it tells me you are. I might have served you beer :P ).

For years I'd thought I'd attended* that match at Hawley Green, but the Guinness Book of Records says the match was "Tongham vs Hawley", which would have been at Tongham. So I'd started to think I had a false memory and it was a different match i'd gone to.

But - from that doc - the Guinness book Of Records has it wrong. I was chuffed to find that out.

*  I've got no memory of seeing any football, just arriving with my parents to meet up with Mick. As he got sent off, maybe he was sent off before we arrived and that's why I don't remember the footie.

Edited by eFestivals

Second half Man Utd sat back but would like to see the stats for the first half. It didn't seem that they were parking the bus wasn't there a chart showing wan bissaka and young pegging their full backs? Ole has used 3-5-2 and 4-4-2 really well in the past I know you can't use the same tactics all the time but it looks like his most successful formation

Odd result in the end, I don't think either sets of fans knew how to celebrate it.

25 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Utd had their 2nd lowest % possession since records began. They're a nothing side at the moment. 

How bad does that make Liverpool look then? As they looked totally clueless against them. United restricted the space out wide and did not let the full backs get behind them. Liverpool had absolutely nothing in midfield and no way through. Will be interesting to see if the middle and lower Premier League teams try similar tactics against Liverpool.

Edited by eastynh