Football 19/20

thetime

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

i saw a report this morning that it'll be Marko-someone from Juve.

Which i guess means Zlatlan is going there.

Mandzukic yeah. Could do with both of them. Zlatan wont go to Juve. They've Ronaldo, Higuain and Dybala there already.

Edited by The Nal

I honestly don’t know if he’d even get that high. He did very little with Cardiff who despite being in the PL at the time were mid table Championship quality.

I reckon he’d have to go abroad to one of the smaller leagues. Maybe back to Molde. He’s so far out of his depth at United it’s crazy.

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

I honestly don’t know if he’d even get that high. He did very little with Cardiff who despite being in the PL at the time were mid table Championship quality.

I reckon he’d have to go abroad to one of the smaller leagues. Maybe back to Molde. He’s so far out of his depth at United it’s crazy.

Apparently football metrics (whatever they are) suggest top level Norwegian teams are league 1 level.

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

They had an interesting discussion on the radio about what kind of job ole would get get if fired and they felt mid/low championship, amazing for such a big club to appoint such an unqualified manager. The decision to extend his contract when there was no pressure to do this is hilarious.

Moyes went way down when he was sacked. He was on a  5 year contract!

4 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

More points dropped by Wales today. Like Scotland it looks like we have the backup option of the play offs.  However like Scotland I cant see us getting through them.

I think Scotland will qualify via the nations league route.

Belgium and Russia are different school to us. I think Steve Clarke will improve things against lesser opposition. 

26 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

I think Scotland will qualify via the nations league route.

Belgium and Russia are different school to us. I think Steve Clarke will improve things against lesser opposition. 

I honestly don't think Russia are very good at all. Looking at the teams currently in your path I would put Serbia favourites, but not to the degree any team is more likely to qualify, than not to qualify.

The standard of the teams in Wales path (as currently stands) is pretty similar to your path, but can't see Giggs finding 2 wins.

I still maintain this system is a stupid one. Intentionally putting weaker teams in makes little sense to me.

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I honestly don't think Russia are very good at all. 

Disagree. How many tournaments in a row have they qualified for ?

Anywayz, i reckon Scotland will qualify which will be a first in a couple of decades and only because it’s been made much easier to qualify after some of the big guns missed out on major tournaments.

2 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Disagree. How many tournaments in a row have they qualified for ?

Anywayz, i reckon Scotland will qualify which will be a first in a couple of decades and only because it’s been made much easier to qualify after some of the big guns missed out on major tournaments.

Honestly when I saw Wales play them in the last Euros they were one of the worst sides I can remember us playing. Amazingly in the last world cup the players seemed twice as fast and much fitter. Must have been a good training regimen!

I'm not sure it's been made easier just to protect the big clubs, as letting the lower ranked teams play each other in the play offs doesn't really impact on that. I hope if Scotland come back they release that del amitri song again!

15 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

So Comfy what can you tell me about St Mirren Colts!

I’d expect Ayr to beat them so I reckon you’re good for the next round. 

Their “big team ‘ aren’t up to much at the moment and they’re blooding a couple of 16 year olds in this tournament. My nephew is one of them. I know you guys are treating this tournament in the same way. 

I suppose if you get to the final, it’s a bit of interest for the fans. If I hadn’t been at the Scotland game I’d probably have traveled to wales for the last round. Maybe next year ?

15 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I'm not sure it's been made easier just to protect the big clubs, as letting the lower ranked teams play each other in the play offs doesn't really impact on that. I hope if Scotland come back they release that del amitri song again!

Fair point but I’m pretty sure Italy and the Dutch missing out recently was part of the decision making around this.

I like it as we never attract decent friendlies nowadays and it’s our best chance in decades to qualify but I’m not convinced I’d be arsed if I was an England, Germany etc fan.

Their “big team ‘ aren’t up to much at the moment and they’re blooding a couple of 16 year olds in this tournament. My nephew is one of them. I know you guys are treating this tournament in the same way. 

I suppose if you get to the final, it’s a bit of interest for the fans. If I hadn’t been at the Scotland game I’d probably have traveled to wales for the last round. Maybe next year ?

Wrexham were 3rd favourites after Inverness and Solihull at the start of this round. I would like at least one trip to Scotland and like you said the final would be interesting, although apparently if you win then you qualify for the next year.

Fair point but I’m pretty sure Italy and the Dutch missing out recently was part of the decision making around this.

I like it as we never attract decent friendlies nowadays and it’s our best chance in decades to qualify but I’m not convinced I’d be arsed if I was an England, Germany etc fan.

I have no doubt that increasing the numbers was for that purpose, although the Dutch still failed last time!

I think the idea of purposely letting in one of the 16 worse teams is stupid. However many qualifiers you decide, you should ensure (the best you can,) you let the best teams in the tournament.

20 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

?

St Mirren brought 100 which is pretty good for u21 team. Many in our league bring less.

I'm still hoping for an away trip in Scotland. Which would be the best option out of Patrick thistle, Clyde , Raith, Elgin and Stenhousemuir? I'm thinking more for the away day experience than easiest match. I'm not interested in the Inverness or Solihull/Rangers u21 options.