Football 19/20

thetime

Have you all seen this Bobby Duncan situation? 

I think he was expecting to be in the first team this season (baffling) and when he realised he wasn't he's jumped ship. The strange part is his agent going all guns blazing at Michael Edwards saying he is causing the players mental health to suffer and how we told him he wouldn't play if he went on loan to Fiorentina. He's left now but there must be some sort of attitude issue there as I may be wrong but didn't he do a similar thing to get out of Chelsea? @jyoung may know more on that than me.

4 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Have you all seen this Bobby Duncan situation? 

I think he was expecting to be in the first team this season (baffling) and when he realised he wasn't he's jumped ship. The strange part is his agent going all guns blazing at Michael Edwards saying he is causing the players mental health to suffer and how we told him he wouldn't play if he went on loan to Fiorentina. He's left now but there must be some sort of attitude issue there as I may be wrong but didn't he do a similar thing to get out of Chelsea? @jyoung may know more on that than me.

Madness. I watched the story unfold and was cringing. The agent is a prize idiot. Seen loads of comments from him (homophobic, misogynistic and mental health slander) on Twitter as well. He came from City though (I think) so can't help you there. 

Edited by jyoung

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Yeah it seems he ended up closing his twitter account down but some of the comments he had made on there. Some of them were shocking! Ah yeah you were right, he did indeed come from Man City. Wonder if @eastynh knows was he was like at City before leaving?

I think City wanted to keep him. Only time I seen him play was when he scored against us for Liverpool in FA youth cup.

Not sure he was rated as highly as Foden or Sanchez, but people seem to be saying that they expect him to go on and be a pretty decent player. 

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

rumour today is that Utd will be in for him.

tho they'll probably be told the same as they were this summer, that he's not interested in a step down.

Nothing they can do until summer though. Levy probably won't sell to them. Gives the European teams a chance to pounce. We all know Juve love a free transfer.

On 8/20/2019 at 9:46 PM, JSmurphy said:

Kenny Jackett's lost me and (tens of) thousands of others after tonight. I hope he's sacked tomorrow. 

Update: he's stripped our captain and vice-captain of their duties. 1 league win in 10 games. Kamikaze/bewildering tactics now on a weekly basis. Lost the fans entirely and now the dressing room's gone. Derby 2 weeks away. FFS.

Optimistic buzz around Hampden last night. Great start then business as usual ? 

Hopefully Belgium on Monday isn’t a total hammering then I’d be happy for Clarke to use the rest of the Euro games planning for the nations league play off ticket.

That Ryan Fraser looks a really tidy football player. Not sure why Ollie McBurnie is worth £20m

Netherlands always seem to promise so much and then don't deliver. They've got a relatively strong squad with some great core players. It always makes me smile that Ryan Babel looks like a world beater whenever he plays for them!