Football 19/20

thetime

13 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Disappointing that we couldn't hold on against Sheff United. Seen some bemoan Frank giving an 18 year old his debut with 10 mins to go. Not into that. Scapegoat for other underperforming players. Our youngsters have been our best players so far. 

Was that Billy Gilmour mate ? He’s from round my way and there have always been high hopes for him.

27 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Was that Billy Gilmour mate ? He’s from round my way and there have always been high hopes for him.

Yes mate. He was lucky with respect to Kante / Loftus Cheek being out but I know Frank and the staff rate him very highly. It will be tough for him to crack the first team but I'm hoping he gets some game time in the cups. Seen a few interviews and he seems to have a good attitude.

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Nice to already be 7 points clear on Spurs, Chelsea and United after only 4 games. Sort of expected it with Utd but thought the other two would be closer. Now for 12 days of wondering who'll come back injured from the international games.

Spurs have had a tough opening run of games - no one really expected them to have many points right now.

I reckon you need about 8 games before you can get a real impression of how teams are going, so they've had a bit of a spread of tougher & easier matches.

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Spurs have had a tough opening run of games - no one really expected them to have many points right now.

I reckon you need about 8 games before you can get a real impression of how teams are going, so they've had a bit of a spread of tougher & easier matches.

Fair point but I thought they'd easily beat Newcastle. Just had a look and they've got Palace, Leicester, Southampton & Brighton next. 9 points from that?

19 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Nice to already be 7 points clear on Spurs, Chelsea and United after only 4 games. Sort of expected it with Utd but thought the other two would be closer. Now for 12 days of wondering who'll come back injured from the international games.

Was expected with city's and liverpool's huge gap versus the rest.