Football 19/20

thetime

13 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

2,176 days since the last. Having slept on it, I feel much more level headed and confident in saying I'd happily bottle another promotion season if we beat them lot (again!).

Glad to see this one pop up tbh. Was thinking the other day about how the media is trying to push Bournemouth / Saints as a big rivalry now both are in the Prem and I'm not sure about that.

Not sure what Lingard or Barkley have done to make the squad. Interesting that the Ox is back in as well. He perhaps adds something different but at the moment I'm not quite sure what. Deserved call ups for Mount and Maddison though. Mount in particular improves our midfield as he is a completely different player to Rice, Hendo and Winks. Haven't seen enough of AWB or Mings to say but AWB is certainly one for the long term. 

5 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Tie of the round no doubt. Obviously I'm biased but I think it's an underrated derby. Fratton is going to be absolutely rocking. 

Aye, I don’t usually care about the League Cup. Watching the reserve teams of the big clubs pummel a lower league side doesn’t appeal.

But this should be a cracker.

11 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

I can literally think of nothing but how insane the atmosphere is going to be. Need to win the game before kick off to stand a chance.

Can’t wait to see a proper derby. Two teams who genuinely don’t like each other going at it in a cauldron of an atmosphere. Not like the sanitised, Sky-hyped excuses for ones you get in the PL these days.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Can’t wait to see a proper derby. Two teams who genuinely don’t like each other going at it in a cauldron of an atmosphere. Not like the sanitised, Sky-hyped excuses for ones you get in the PL these days.

I think the derbies in the prem losing atmosphere is a symptom of the popularity of football. There can only be so many die hard fans in football and the less die hard are likely to gravitate towards the top teams. 

Despite this, I experienced a North London derby a few years back and the atmosphere was incredible. Was great to experience as normally the atmosphere is awful at the Emirates. 

2 hours ago, TheGayTent said:

What was Grady like? I see he scored again

Looks good, really impressed with him up close. He tries a lot, some cones off, some doesn’t, which is what you expect from a kid. What surprised me was his work rate, kept tackling back and doing the dirty stuff too.

Scored an absolute peach of a goal.