Football 19/20

thetime

15 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I hate to move away from VAR, but am I the only one who finds the “in the calendar year” stats annoying?

Well they're often used to try and display form for the early part of the season, but yeah, they're pretty meaningless.

4 hours ago, santowhir said:

If the decision isn't clear and obvious it should go to a phone vote ?

Well if they are out like the ones on sky, Liverpool would be winning them during the day and then the United fans would all vote when they came home from work, during the evening.

53 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Quite impressed with Utd players reaction to the vile abuse Pogba has suffered.

Fucking disgraceful stuff. Can't blame him if he heads off. Chelsea and Reading had similar last week. 

Lingard is worse than Welbeck. Still considered a youth player despite being 27 shortly. Should've been sold years ago.

52 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Fair play Wolves 

Yeah loved that. Clearly audible on the telly too. Neves scores an absolute peach and the celebrations are cut short so they can dick about with geometry. 

All the while disturbing Wolves momentum, sucking the life from the crowd and delaying the kick off. 

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Yeah loved that. Clearly audible on the telly too. Neves scores an absolute peach and the celebrations are cut short so they can dick about with geometry. 

All the while disturbing Wolves momentum, sucking the life from the crowd and delaying the kick off. 

Yes that was my feeling as well, completely sucked the emotion out of the game.

8 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

The most emotional moment in football is scoring a goal. To get in the way of that emotion to me makes the game worse. Imagine in a world cup, champions league, play off final having to wait after a winning penalty or save, completely ruins the moment.

It doesn't ruin it for me personally. It's all part of the emotion and can add to it (such as the Sterling offside goals vs Spurs last season). Regardless, it isn't that common that a goal is checked by VAR anyway.

I do get that some people think differently but I think most will get used to it eventually and move on. 

5 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

It doesn't ruin it for me personally. It's all part of the emotion and can add to it (such as the Sterling offside goals vs Spurs last season). Regardless, it isn't that common that a goal is checked by VAR anyway.

I do get that some people think differently but I think most will get used to it eventually and move on. 

Fuck VAR chants in the 2nd game of the season. Not great.

Goal line tech is fine. This reviewing things to the millimeter is nonsense. Linesman didn't raise the flag last night and not one Utd player called for offside. 

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Goal line tech is fine. This reviewing things to the millimeter is nonsense. Linesman didn't raise the flag last night and not one Utd player called for offside. 

Agreed. I think previously when people moaned about offside they generally accepted those a few millimeters the other way. Now we are trying to make football an exact science.

4 hours ago, The Nal said:

I agree, there does need to be a rethink for what constitutes 'clear and obvious'