Football 19/20

thetime

8 hours ago, priest17 said:

My only concern with var is that its shit for everyone in the stadium. I dont know how you fix that. Why bother going when I cant even enjoy goals any more? 

I don't think they should have brought in VAR until the match going fan could follow the process.

More VAR rubbish. Clear peno for City in the first half and heres Laporte getting his arm dragged back 1 second before the "handball". Surely if the handball was a foul this is too? Players aren't allowed grab hold of arms and try pull people back.

Then theres the arguement that if he wasn't pulled back he would've got there a split second before and been able to head it instead of it hitting his arm.

Absolute nonsense. 

IMG-20190818-124136.jpg

City should have had nailed on penalties. No argument with the goal disallowed, those are the rules. City were utterly fantastic though, what a team. Wasteful in front of goal yesterday and thats why we did not win the match. We will win the league quite easily this year I think.

11 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I hate to move away from VAR, but am I the only one who finds the “in the calendar year” stats annoying?

Yep. Who cares? Season doesn't start on 1st Jan and finish on 31st December so why would "most _____ in the calendar year" be relevant? Tedious.

VAR's big error in the City game for me was that pull back on Laporte. Looked a pen to me.

The handball was actually VAR doing its job correctly, wasn't it? It's this new handball rule which is absolutely ridiculous. 

Starting to think Blackpool might be ones to watch in L1 this season. Fans are now back in full force behind the team and apparently play very decent football and are getting results. 

12 minutes ago, The Nal said:

And theres the down side of the window closing early. Sanchez off to Inter it looks like, 250k freed up in wages, maybe more, and no one to spend it on. 

United are under no pressure to sell though, madness they're offloading Sanchez and Lukaku without preparing replacements. Who have they got left up-front? Rashford, Martial, and James? Plenty of talent but no experience or consistence.

7 minutes ago, Dan R said:

United are under no pressure to sell though, madness they're offloading Sanchez and Lukaku without preparing replacements. Who have they got left up-front? Rashford, Martial, and James? Plenty of talent but no experience or consistence.

Those 3 and Lingard at a push. Madness indeed. An injury or two and they'll have to play Fred up there. The most stupid balance I've seen. Rashford and Martial will have to play nearly every minute of every game.