Football 19/20

thetime

2 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Yeah I don`t think the top league in Scotland can afford it so not expecting it at our games anytime soon.

You ( Wrexham ) have just drawn Ayr in the Tunnocks Cup :)

Dates tbc so might clash with International games I`m already going to.

My friend knows a Wrexham director who has said we are playing the reserves, so you won't be missing much!

I personally think they should move that game to pre-season and scrap extra time; it was a decent game for a neutral but ultimately one both teams could do without with the league at the weekend!

Edited by vintagelaureate
  • Upvote 1

I'm still undecided on VAR, early days and plenty of opportunity to tweak it but the one thing I can't stand is not flagging offside straight away (I know this is not going to apply in the Premier League). A few of them tonight were obvious, no need to let play go on.

Disappointed to have lost the game but plenty of positives. We were much better than against United. Far more compact and organised. I think we are probably better with three men in the middle. Kante was world class last night and he makes a huge difference when in the team. I thought Jorginho, Pulisic and Emerson all played well too. Unlucky. Tammy will have to pick himself up. A goal in the next game would help. Hopefully we're fit and ready for Sunday to get our first win.

Just now, jyoung said:

Disappointed to have lost the game but plenty of positives. We were much better than against United. Far more compact and organised.

I reckon they're going to be an awesome team before the end of the season, much better than people were expecting. 

They might take a month or two before it properly clicks.

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I reckon they're going to be an awesome team before the end of the season, much better than people were expecting. 

They might take a month or two before it properly clicks.

As you say, it will take a while to gel. Hopefully we can get the results in the meantime. Still lots of players to return from injury. If we can get the centre forward scoring goals I'm confident we'll do alright.

28 minutes ago, jyoung said:

As you say, it will take a while to gel. Hopefully we can get the results in the meantime. Still lots of players to return from injury. If we can get the centre forward scoring goals I'm confident we'll do alright.

it's the back line I'd be most worried about. The front & middle will come together OK in time.

Liverpool were well off their best last night yet they got in loads of times, far more than their normal against one of the better teams.

Edited by eFestivals

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's the back line I'd be most worried about. The front & middle will come together OK in time.

Liverpool were well off their best last night yet they got in loads of times, far more than their normal against one of the better times.

Maybe. I think it was just an open game. There is room for improvement but LFC's front three is still one of the best, so. When Rudiger is fit he will tighten things up a bit.

48 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Maybe. I think it was just an open game. There is room for improvement but LFC's front three is still one of the best, so. When Rudiger is fit he will tighten things up a bit.

Personally I'd say striker is your main issue. I'm not sure Abraham is ready to be Chelsea's main man. His movement was poor at times and he wasn't very clinical (it could have just been an off day). Giroud also not good enough to start regularly, although he is a decent option. 

I was very impressed with Pulisic though. He was always playing with purpose. I was surprised when he came off to be honest but maybe Lampard was just conscious of his fitness. 

30 minutes ago, The Nal said:

What did Joe Cole say?

Insinuated that maybe VAR didn't overrule the pen as it was a big night for the ref.

51 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Personally I'd say striker is your main issue. I'm not sure Abraham is ready to be Chelsea's main man. His movement was poor at times and he wasn't very clinical (it could have just been an off day). Giroud also not good enough to start regularly, although he is a decent option. 

I was very impressed with Pulisic though. He was always playing with purpose. I was surprised when he came off to be honest but maybe Lampard was just conscious of his fitness. 

Agreed. I want Tammy to do well but out of all the youngsters he's the one I worry most about. It's unforgiving upfront. You have to score. 

I think Mason Mount has huge potential @jyoung, even in his cameo last night. Kante is a monster of a player too. I have a friend who supports Derby who really rates Tomori too but I haven't seen anything of him. I thought Chelsea were the better team yesterday, much better than against United.

39 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I think Mason Mount has huge potential @jyoung, even in his cameo last night. Kante is a monster of a player too. I have a friend who supports Derby who really rates Tomori too but I haven't seen anything of him. I thought Chelsea were the better team yesterday, much better than against United.

Mount is the one who looks most comfortable already. We won't have to wait around for him to develop as the standard is already reasonably high. Tomori looked at ease when he came on yesterday and I'm looking forward to seeing more of him.