Football 19/20

thetime

21 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I can't see Spurs getting both Coutinho and Dybala, fancy it'll be one or the other... most likely Dybala as he is the same nationality as the manager.

They'll be a serious force if they do get both though.

Coutinho has played for Pooch in the past, and likes him a lot (supposedly).

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Dybala wage demands would be significantly higher though.

Not so sure he's on £5.9m at Juve. Everton are paying Jerry Mina £6.24m and he's shit.

3 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

No guarantees you will trigger the bonuses!

true, although it depends on what the triggers are.

From what i've read on footie forums elsewhere, the Spurs players aren't collecting a huge amount less than they would at other top clubs, quite different to the impression given by the lower basic money.

(to be clear, they're still probably the worst payer of those top clubs - just not by as much as people tend to think).

40 minutes ago, lost said:

Sky say Dybala bid of £64.4m by spurs has been accepted. Again makes the £70m bid by Everton rejected for Zaha yesterday look silly money.

Accepted by Juve. Terms with the player are a completely different story. Zaha would be a great signing for Everton. He is criminally underrated and imo deserves an even bigger move.

51 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

They'll be a serious force if they do get both though.

Pray they get none. Spursy. 

1178438.jpg

Just now, The Nal said:

Utd still desperately scrambling around for players the day before the window closes. Super.

It's been a joke. They just seem so indecisive. They seem to step up interest for players to then later pull out, to me that just stinks of bad research and/or lack of clarity (DOF).  

5 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Zaha would be a great signing for Everton. He is criminally underrated and imo deserves an even bigger move.

As McCarthy has now moved outside the player plus cash deal I'm guessing its dead and yes his value to Palace is probably based on keeping them in the prem, still its a risk starting the season with a potentially unhappy player.

Edited by lost

Palace turning down £70m for Zaha is interesting, I understand them holding out for more as he's probably worth £100m to them as he's the one who keeps them up every season. That said, how effective will Zaha be if he has a sulk after Friday if he's still there? On the flip side how effectively could Palace spend £70m in 24 hours?

Either way Palace are one of my picks to go down this season.

Shame about McCarthy. Hasn't managed 90 minutes in 3 years. martin o neill and Roy Keane have alot to answer for. I'd say the same about Coleman but they couldn't do anything about that tackle vs Wales.

16 minutes ago, lost said:

As McCarthy has now moved outside the player plus cash deal I'm guessing its dead and yes his value to Palace is probably based on keeping them in the prem, still its a risk starting the season with a potentially unhappy player.

I don't think he's that unhappy about the Everton deal, am pretty sure he wants to stay in London.

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I don't think he's that unhappy about the Everton deal, am pretty sure he wants to stay in London.

I think Malcom is the one the club really wanted. Wouldn't be surprised to see something happen in Jan with the players issues in Russia and the gazprom link between the two clubs.

Edited by lost

How would Neymar even fit in at Man U? Admittedly there seems to be no strategy to their signings of late but doesn't he predominately play on the left where they already have Martial, Sanchez (lol) and that new Welsh kid?

Still can't believe Man U haven't bought a right mid and 2 centre mids when they lost Herrera and Fellaini. 

24 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

How would Neymar even fit in at Man U? Admittedly there seems to be no strategy to their signings of late but doesn't he predominately play on the left where they already have Martial, Sanchez (lol) and that new Welsh kid?

Still can't believe Man U haven't bought a right mid and 2 centre mids when they lost Herrera and Fellaini. 

Whos starting these Utd/Neymar rumours? Walter Mitty?

25 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Don't ask sensible questions, just think of all the shirts and noodle partner opportunities Woodward can flog in China.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I haven't seen anything, but it wouldn't be tough to imagine Woodward making a desperate lunge for a name, any name.

Nah hes a money man and a Neymar deal involves image rights blah blah. Cant get that over the line in 36 hours. Barca will struggle to do it this month.

Early transfer window close in the Premier League is complete and utter madness though. There are players who don't even know theyre to be sold/told the clubs they want to go and none of the Prem clubs will be in with a shout.

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Early transfer window close in the Premier League is complete and utter madness though. There are players who don't even know theyre to be sold/told the clubs they want to go and none of the Prem clubs will be in with a shout.

It's better than the old system where clubs would play the first 3-4 matches with half finished squads and missing key players because they're holding out for moves and "not in the right frame of mind". This way everyone starts the season with a complete squad.

Same date Europe wide would be better, but there's no chance of that before our season starts.