Football 19/20

thetime

16 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Anyone got any betting tips for the upcoming season in any league? Doing mine atm and there's always value to be had over the course of a season imo

Greenwood 8/1 to make his England debut before EURO 2020 is decent imo. Got goals in preseason, Ole has talked him up for a spot in the United side and Southgate has shown already he is happy to give debuts to young players.

17 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Are you that confident? 

TBH I can't see us being as close to you this season - we'd have to match last year and have the same amount of luck!

I was more looking for value mate. City to win the league is not worth a bet. By how many points makes it more interesting.

Another one I would be looking at is what month will OGS be sacked by. 

Pepe to Arsenal is a signing and a half. Would have loved him at Chelsea. Still think Arsenal should be trying to improve the back line but hey. Makes the Zaha situation interesting too. I guess it means Arsenal won't make the move but he's already told Palace he wants to leave... Surely not to Everton? 

On 7/27/2019 at 1:12 PM, mjsell said:

Most we can hope for now is getting the Tierney deal over the line. Saliba is the cb signing - but not the one we need right now. 

Where are they at with a value for Tierney ?

he’s definitely a player but has been struggling with fitness for a while now. 

A medical would be interesting.

On 7/28/2019 at 4:27 PM, didinowanttohearthat said:

Anyone got any betting tips for the upcoming season in any league? Doing mine atm and there's always value to be had over the course of a season imo

Falkirk should walk the Scottish first division with the signings they’ve made but no longer much of a price.

1 hour ago, Comfy Bean said:

Where are they at with a value for Tierney ?

he’s definitely a player but has been struggling with fitness for a while now. 

A medical would be interesting.

From what I have read, the Tierney deal is still possible. Just a matter of Arsenal and Celtic ironing out the details, transfer fee going to be around £25mil. Fitness is certainly a concern but, if we do get him for that price, it is worth the risk in my opinion. 

5 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

From what I have read, the Tierney deal is still possible. Just a matter of Arsenal and Celtic ironing out the details, transfer fee going to be around £25mil. Fitness is certainly a concern but, if we do get him for that price, it is worth the risk in my opinion. 

Yeah in today’s mad world he might look like a bargain. 

Great player but been struggling for fitness for a while and gets away with playing at probably 80% up here.

not confident about leeds this season (never am) last season reminded me of how much football can hurt!

only signed costa, decent buy but, we still have an injury prone Roofe and Bamford with no good backups

sold Jansson and have no replacement as well

and with the end of season relegation form last year I think a lower mid table finish is on the cards with a Bielsa walk out.

3 minutes ago, pryce said:

not confident about leeds this season (never am) last season reminded me of how much football can hurt!

only signed costa, decent buy but, we still have an injury prone Roofe and Bamford with no good backups

sold Jansson and have no replacement as well

and with the end of season relegation form last year I think a lower mid table finish is on the cards with a Bielsa walk out.

Also a Leeds fan but I am feeling pretty good about the season. I agree that Jansson leaving is a bit gutting but White is technically his replacement and deserves a chance to prove himself. 

I think the biggest problem at the end of last season was not putting the chances away and Costa could be the difference. Also Harrison is looking like a totally different player and would bank on him stepping up. However I am always blinded by Leeds so never have a clear view on it! 

2 minutes ago, Luke Routledge said:

Also a Leeds fan but I am feeling pretty good about the season. I agree that Jansson leaving is a bit gutting but White is technically his replacement and deserves a chance to prove himself. 

I think the biggest problem at the end of last season was not putting the chances away and Costa could be the difference. Also Harrison is looking like a totally different player and would bank on him stepping up. However I am always blinded by Leeds so never have a clear view on it! 

never go into a season supporting Leeds with hope ...you know what always happens

32 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Now that is pure filth!

Literally. Lovely ball from Barkley as well. Lamps playing him further up the pitch and his passing / finishing has been sublime in preseason. Reckon he could get back to his best this year.