Football 19/20

thetime

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yeah and they're backing him too. 

He did have Suarez at LFC though who was basically Superman for 18 months. 

And think how good sturridge looked alongside Suarez. There are plenty of players in that Man U squad who could be as good as that of they were playing alongside a superstar player.

I'd probably say that Martial and Lukaku are better players than Firminho. But Firminho is playing in a system that suits him alongside players that make him better. 

31 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yep quite possibly but the fact is they haven't. And even the guys you think could do it - Pogba, Martial, Rashford - have only shown glimpses here and there in recent years. 

Obviously hope I'm wrong and something clicks but looks like a few rough seasons ahead. 

To me the fact multiple players haven't been able to do it, suggests it is more the club than the players.  It seems a very unlucky coincidence to  buy so many players who had potential and aren't delivering to the level expected.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Second in the league 14 months ago is very different to second on the league 2 months ago. Utd weren't even close to getting the title.

I think you need to look at both facts, the facts Liverpool and man utd have significantly changed in terms of points and league position over 12 months is evidence that things can change very quickly in football.

Why no Alexis Sanchez in the graphic? Is he not in the squad next season? Again cracking player on his day and only 30. The Juventus and PSG matches last year show there is a team in there somewhere.

1 hour ago, lost said:

Why no Alexis Sanchez in the graphic? Is he not in the squad next season? Again cracking player on his day and only 30. The Juventus and PSG matches last year show there is a team in there somewhere.

He's not in the pre season  training team. Extra rest after copa

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Martial hasn't got 1% of Bobby's drive, Lukaku doesnt have 1% of his technique.

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

Yikes.

I genuinely think that Firminho would struggle in that Man U team to have the impact those 2 are having. Players in a successful team obviously look better. 

57 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

I genuinely think that Firminho would struggle in that Man U team to have the impact those 2 are having. Players in a successful team obviously look better. 

That Bobby is still so underrated astounds me.

53 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

That Bobby is still so underrated astounds me.

amazing isn't it? Even before he arrived in England he'd been top assist-er in Germany, so he should have had a rep come with him.

Mind you, he's probably just had his worst season for Liverpool, with that points total and old big ears. Other teams should be worried what might happen if he's back to top form next season.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

amazing isn't it? Even before he arrived in England he'd been top assist-er in Germany, so he should have had a rep come with him.

Mind you, he's probably just had his worst season for Liverpool, with that points total and old big ears. Other teams should be worried what might happen if he's back to top form next season.

Wasn't it a general lack of goals from the team by their holding back and defensive tactics?

See, Avram Grant would have been a respectable appointment. It wasn't good, but tbh, it was the best we could have hoped for after Benitez got driven off. A manager with some vague sense, but tainted enough that he'd consider tanking Mike Ashley's bullshit for the opportunity of work.

Bruce though is the worst of the worst. Fucking Scumerland Manc with no tactical braincells, no motivational power whatsoever, and a fucking ancient merry-go-round has-been taking the fucking bullshit because he loves eating shit for wages. No integrity, no skill, no insight, every single fucking thing that is wrong with the Premier League summed up in one manager.

Edited by kaosmark2

anyone gone for any Euro tickets?

applied for 1 at Wembley for the final

then a couple for Amsterdam in the Groups

Budapest and Bucharest last 16 games

cant really afford it right now, but I cant help myself with the chance of seeing new stadiums

1 hour ago, pryce said:

anyone gone for any Euro tickets?

applied for 1 at Wembley for the final

then a couple for Amsterdam in the Groups

Budapest and Bucharest last 16 games

cant really afford it right now, but I cant help myself with the chance of seeing new stadiums

I went to Wembley last time it was there. Nothing like seeing smug Germans running around with a trophy!