Football 19/20

thetime

3 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Remind me what your reaction was when Moani was appointed at OT? 

Was happy. Steady the ship etc. He won the Europa, pisspot and then finished a solid 2nd. No one knew how bad upstairs would be. If he walked away after 2 seasons that would've been a success.

Lamps is similar to Ole. Club legend but no business whatsoever as manager. 

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Could be an absolute disaster.

You're right. But for me, personally, what's the point in worrying about it being a disaster when I could just as easily be excited about everything else that is possible. It's a great day for the club, the fans and everyone involved.

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Lamps is similar to Ole. Club legend but no business whatsoever as manager. 

From the outside, people will make this comparison and it's fairly easy to do so but we'll see what happens.

19 minutes ago, jyoung said:

You're right. But for me, personally, what's the point in worrying about it being a disaster when I could just as easily be excited about everything else that is possible. It's a great day for the club, the fans and everyone involved.

From the outside, people will make this comparison and it's fairly easy to do so but we'll see what happens.

Surely you'd want him to have the best chance possible? Any manager would struggle with an ageing squad, a transfer ban, and their best player having just left. 

15 minutes ago, Dan R said:

Surely you'd want him to have the best chance possible? Any manager would struggle with an ageing squad, a transfer ban, and their best player having just left. 

You're assuming he would be offered another chance in the future and there is no guarantee of that. You're right that it will be difficult though. No Hazard and no new signings (though Pulisic and Kovacic coming back is helpful) is tough but as for an ageing squad, we have the likes of Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi (both of whom are about to sign new contracts), Abraham, Mount and so on. If we get can integrate more academy grads into the first team squad (I believe Lamps will do this) then we shouldn't have to worry to much about the age of Luiz, Pedro, Willian, Giroud etc.

36 minutes ago, jyoung said:

You're assuming he would be offered another chance in the future and there is no guarantee of that. You're right that it will be difficult though. No Hazard and no new signings (though Pulisic and Kovacic coming back is helpful) is tough but as for an ageing squad, we have the likes of Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi (both of whom are about to sign new contracts), Abraham, Mount and so on. If we get can integrate more academy grads into the first team squad (I believe Lamps will do this) then we shouldn't have to worry to much about the age of Luiz, Pedro, Willian, Giroud etc.

Chelsea are always changing managers, so the job itself would surely become available soon. So unless Lampard was doing shit then he'd surely get the opportunity further down the line? Don't Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi both have relatively long-term injuries? The other young players will have to make a major step-up, and I've never known anyone at Chelsea to have any patience for players who aren't consistently at the top-level.

49 minutes ago, Dan R said:

The other young players will have to make a major step-up, and I've never known anyone at Chelsea to have any patience for players who aren't consistently at the top-level.

They will be given the chance under Lampard, Morris and co. The rest is up to them. 

On 7/5/2019 at 1:13 PM, DareToDibble said:

You’d like to think Abramovich will be a bit less brutal with a club legend and give him more time than he has others but you never know with him.

I like Lampard but think it might be a bit soon. I’d say the same if Gerrard came back to manage us now, too.

2 inexperienced managers at Barcelona and Madrid didn't do badly.

16 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Its the weakest Utd squad since the mid 80s. 

Well you can't really judge something that hasn't happened yet, but it does look bad. It's probably with a similar feeling to 1995 when man utd sold their top players and were left with the youth team. I'm not saying for one second that they'll win the league ?

Edited by santowhir

2 minutes ago, santowhir said:

Well you can't really judge something that hasn't happened yet, but it does look bad. It's probably with a similar feeling to 1994 when man utd sold their top players and were left with the youth team. I'm not saying for one second that they'll win the league ?

That team had Schmeichel, Irwin, Bruce, Pali, Cantona, Giggs, Keane, Cole....

9 minutes ago, The Nal said:

That team had Schmeichel, Irwin, Bruce, Pali, Cantona, Giggs, Keane, Cole....

That's the one  ?. Sold Hughes, Ince, Kanchelskis and brought through Beckham, Scholes, Butt, P Neville, G Neville all as first team starters that year and completely unknown at the time. The back 5 + Cantona made a huge difference of course, but no one was to know that was going to be that way, the mood going into August was pretty terrible. 

Edited by santowhir

Still looks better to me than the Fergie squad at the turn of the decade.. Smalling , Jones, Evans, Anderson, Cleverly , Welbeck, nani, Sung. Shows what a monster Fergie was.

Edited by lost

5 minutes ago, santowhir said:

The team that beat Arsenal 8-2 ?

Yeah shows what a good manager can do. i've said before players like origi and Shaqiri have looked championship quality to me but under Klopp they are flying.