Football 19/20

thetime

42 minutes ago, eastynh said:

You have no idea what so ever regarding Citys finances

I know that one of the deals cannot be value based deal but a way of the owner pumping the club with money via a backdoor.

43 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Either make the rules fair for everyone

as they are, currently. Just because your club is on the wrong side of those rules doesn't make those rules unfair. 

Personally i've got no issue with an owner pumping a club with money - as long as it's not done as debt - but the rules are what they are and Man City has been abusing them.

8 minutes ago, jyoung said:

With no investment, no Rafa, no Rondon, you'd have to think they are candidates.

Why?

Why should I fund that shit show when the owner does everything wrong at nearly every step. He could have put right all the wrong over the last 3 years with Rafa but instead he's dicked him about and now just letting him walk away. Am I f*ck going to watch Pulis'/Hughes'/Monk's mags lose every week, playing shite football. 

Rafa gave us the hope back after years of shite under Ashley.

And to think, 4 weeks ago the Sun said we'd been sold. 

Whole family struck down with the lurgy the weekend before Glastonbury, followed by the Benitez news - what a shite few days.

Rafa’s vision to try and compete with the likes of Bournemouth, Watford and West Ham was unrealistic to an owner happy to invest minimal outlay to finish 17th season after season. 

32 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Forgot we had a new thread. I now no longer have a club to support. What a f*cking joke. Should have done everything in their power to keep him.

Just support where rafa goes, crazy that fans go on about not supporting teams because of owners. Man Utd and the glazerout campaign are the same, support your team.

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

Just support where rafa goes, crazy that fans go on about not supporting teams because of owners. Man Utd and the glazerout campaign are the same, support your team.

No, f*ck them. We need to get nasty and force that fat c*nt out so we can have our team back.

What fans want is hope, belief, to think that the next season could be better than previous. You can have a great time supporting a yoyo club, because you get those great seasons, those special moments. 

Languishing in 13th-18th then bouncing back when relegated isn't anything to provide hope. Can promotion and a season in the prem be a fairytale magic for some clubs? Or course.

But Newcastle should be competing with Everton, on the fringes of a Europa league spot, with Cup runs, occasional defeats of the big boys, and some players who do something a little bit special sometimes. 

Everyone knows the realities of finances in the league, Newcastle aren't going to be in consecutive FA cup finals, or beating Juventus and Barca, or finishing 3rd any more. But just having an attempt at getting into the Europa league, or a cup semi final, one of those moments that provide excitement and passion is what's wanted. 

We've had one good season since Ashley took over, and we finished 5th. We then proceeded to sell all our best players, give Pardew a huge contract, not reinvest and wait for the threat of relegation. There's barely been a penny spent since (net). The only thing that drives Ashley to spend is when relegation happens. Lingering in 15th isn't any fans idea of a good time, and Rafa provided the hope for more than that. Hope that has now left the club with him. 

35 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

But Newcastle should be competing with Everton, on the fringes of a Europa league spot, with Cup runs, occasional defeats of the big boys, and some players who do something a little bit special sometimes. 

Whilst Ashley is in charge Newcastle will not be challenging for Europa League qualification. I know I'm preaching to the choir but acquiring an owner who has as much ambition for the city / club as the fans do is the only way you would have a chance of competing at that level.

As things stand, you'd have to win a cup because you're obviously not finishing 5th, 6th or even 7th in the league. Even if you put the top six to one side and compare your team with Leicester, Everton and Wolves... How many Newcastle players would get into those teams?

Sad day for the fans. Can't see any positives on the horizon either.

Edited by jyoung

3 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Whilst Ashley is in charge Newcastle will not be challenging for Europa League qualification. I know I'm preaching to the choir but acquiring an owner who has as much ambition for the city / club as the fans do is the only way you would have a chance of competing at that level.

As things stand, you'd have to win a cup because you're obviously not finishing 5th, 6th or even 7th in the league. Even if you put the top six to one side and compare your team with Leicester, Everton and Wolves... How many Newcastle players would get into those teams?

Sad day for the fans. Can't see any positives on the horizon either.

And that's the thing, we've got the money coming into the club to compete with those lingering in 7th-10th, but the owner won't spend it. Or pay for advertising or accept paying advertising from elsewhere. The fans want hope again, and we're not going to get it. 

24 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Avram grant  coming in as the new Newcastle boss apparently..  

I think he's decent, but I also think it doesn't even matter who our manager is. The atmosphere at SJP will be toxic or dead until Ashley leaves.

4 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Moronic comment

As a Leeds fan I remember your fans (most team fans) mocking us for going into administration and having no sympathy of going though about 3 or 4 of the worst owners.... Owners on par or maybe worse than Ashley, I once thought we had the right to be in the prem top half.... Football is cruel and doesn't always give what you want. Yes you deserve more for your support... So do fans of Leeds, forest, Wednesday, villa.. The list goes on

Regret responding... Will get the usual, well Leeds fan deserve it stick 

Edited by pryce

2 hours ago, pryce said:

As a Leeds fan I remember your fans (most team fans) mocking us for going into administration and having no sympathy of going though about 3 or 4 of the worst owners.... Owners on par or maybe worse than Ashley, I once thought we had the right to be in the prem top half.... Football is cruel and doesn't always give what you want. Yes you deserve more for your support... So do fans of Leeds, forest, Wednesday, villa.. The list goes on

Regret responding... Will get the usual, well Leeds fan deserve it stick 

Seeing a big team go down after years of fucking up is entertaining. Seeing them stay down is sad. I felt Villa had been treading a tightrope for years and deserved to go down. I'm also happy they didn't bounce straight back. But I'd prefer to see a load of well-supported teams in the Prem than whoever has the latest big financial backing. 

I don't think any Newcastle fan hated the years winning the Championship, or thought that those seasons weren't deserved, but there's just this hope for something more than being a Prem also-ran or victors in the Championship. If we ever had a cup run to the semi-finals I'd happily take relegation again. It's a desire for more meaning than financial solvency and Ashley's pocket.