Football 19/20

thetime

4 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Conte left Juve of his own accord as he wasn't happy with what was going on behind the scenes. Pure speculation to suggest that if they wanted him they could get him, there is nothing to support that point of view.

Also, Juve fans aren't particularly overjoyed by the appointment. It was only recently he was giving them the middle finger. But yeah... If you say so.

You're right, it is just speculation but that doesn't hide the fact that Juve, one of the biggest clubs in the world, choose Sarri and were willing to pay a hefty compensation package to get him. They clearly highly rate him, along with most people in Italy. 

On 6/15/2019 at 8:08 PM, jyoung said:

Some lifelong United fans is waking up from a coma right now and thinking "What the FUCK happened?!"

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11742448/manchester-united-interested-in-west-hams-issa-diop

I said to my mate the other day it's crazy how far they have fallen.They seem in complete disarray.

I don't think anyone would have believed this would happen to United when Fergie left. Having said that I don't think anyone would have seen Liverpool going 29 years without winning the league. It's already been 6 or 7 for United and I can't see it happening again in the next 5. 

Crazy how football always seems to go in circles.

17 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I said to my mate the other day it's crazy how far they have fallen.They seem in complete disarray.

I don't think anyone would have believed this would happen to United when Fergie left. Having said that I don't think anyone would have seen Liverpool going 29 years without winning the league. It's already been 6 or 7 for United and I can't see it happening again in the next 5. 

Crazy how football always seems to go in circles.

They finished 2nd the season before last, so complete disarray is a bit premature. A lot can change in 5 years, particularly Pep leaving City could have a huge impact.

33 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

They finished 2nd the season before last, so complete disarray is a bit premature. A lot can change in 5 years, particularly Pep leaving City could have a huge impact.

I think at the time Mourinho said he classed it as one of his biggest achievements. Obviously take everything he says with a pinch of salt but I kinda get what he means. 

Even after Pep leaves there are still 3 of 4 teams better than them with 2 of them being streets ahead.

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I think at the time Mourinho said he classed it as one of his biggest achievements. Obviously take everything he says with a pinch of salt but I kinda get what he means. 

Even after Pep leaves there are still 3 of 4 teams better than them with 2 of them being streets ahead.

One of the two were streets ahead last season, but weren’t the season before. Maybe we are in for several years of Man City/ Liverpool dominance, but things change significantly over a season.

8 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

I think plenty of people looked at the aging squad Fergie left and thought Man U wouldn't challenge for a period while they rebuilt. The thing is that they messed up the rebuild, so it'll keep taking more time.

This is pretty much spot on.

As I've said many times on here, nothing was going to change until the transfer policy was sorted. By the looks of it that's going in the right direction now, building over a number of years is sensible 

At the minute united are in the bracket of Chelsea and Arsenal, around the 4th-6th area. 

10 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

I think plenty of people looked at the aging squad Fergie left and thought Man U wouldn't challenge for a period while they rebuilt. The thing is that they messed up the rebuild, so it'll keep taking more time.

Yup it's pretty embarrassing. You'd think that they would have learnt their lessons by now but it seems to be getting worse. Everyone knows the positions and players that should be signed but it's just not happening. 

7 minutes ago, santowhir said:

Yup it's pretty embarrassing. You'd think that they would have learnt their lessons by now but it seems to be getting worse. Everyone knows the positions and players that should be signed but it's just not happening. 

Who should be signed?

2 hours ago, thetime said:

This is pretty much spot on.

As I've said many times on here, nothing was going to change until the transfer policy was sorted. By the looks of it that's going in the right direction now, building over a number of years is sensible 

At the minute united are in the bracket of Chelsea and Arsenal, around the 4th-6th area. 

Who's the next manager going to be? 

6 minutes ago, jyoung said:

United signing James and being liked with the likes of Diop, Aarons and Wan Bissaka certainly suggests a stark change in direction with regards to transfers.

the Glazers aren't going to give up their cut to spunk big by the look of it.

Either that, or it's Agent Ole determined to turn the club into Cardiff. :P 

Hoping this Lampard to Chelsea speculation disappears soon. 

The media chose their new Chelsea manager six weeks ago before our Play off Final. There’s been a complete lack of respect to Derby County, with sensationalist journalism and no complete facts. Stirred up a storm, and honestly the mainstream media know absolutely nothing. 

As bitter as it sounds, I really don’t think he joins Chelsea. The longer it rumbles on, the less likely it feels. 

1 minute ago, chemica said:

There’s been a complete lack of respect to Derby County, with sensationalist journalism and no complete facts. Stirred up a storm, and honestly the mainstream media know absolutely nothing

Sorry mate but the Chelsea journo's* with very good track records are almost certain it is happening. It's a shame for Derby as I think he would definitely be able to build on what he has done this season but ultimately he might only get the chance to manager Chelsea once and he's hardly going to turn it down, is he?!

*Johnson from the Evening Standard and Law from the Telegraph