Football 19/20

thetime

Bit annoying that Liverpool have a home game and five days rest before the Super Cup whereas Chelsea have an away game and three days in comparison.

That said, buzzing to be going to United for the first game. I probably won't be able to get tickets as loyalty points carry over from last year and I couldn't get to many games last season which sucks.

@eastynh, City have a tough month from end of Feb to beginning of Apr with Arsenal, United, Liverpool and Chelsea making up four of their five games.

4 hours ago, jyoung said:

Bit annoying that Liverpool have a home game and five days rest before the Super Cup whereas Chelsea have an away game and three days in comparison.

That said, buzzing to be going to United for the first game. I probably won't be able to get tickets as loyalty points carry over from last year and I couldn't get to many games last season which sucks.

@eastynh, City have a tough month from end of Feb to beginning of Apr with Arsenal, United, Liverpool and Chelsea making up four of their five games.

Not seen the fixtures yet mate, just got out of bed. Will have a ganders at them now.

1 minute ago, Wooderson said:

image.png.04e954df0fea2252c85e202ec7403059.png

11 wins from 11 to start the new season off as you finished the last.

No guarantees in football. We got beat off teams last season who on paper we should have beaten easily. No one knows how injuries and playing after Champions League games will affect you.

No one knows the make up of the squads yet either.

On 6/13/2019 at 11:09 AM, jyoung said:

I always assumed the Super Cup was a glorified friendly, not sure how much either squad will be bothered if they lost it. The only positive is it's starting the season with silverware but it probably ranks somewhere around the Carabao Cup level?

29 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I always assumed the Super Cup was a glorified friendly, not sure how much either squad will be bothered if they lost it. The only positive is it's starting the season with silverware but it probably ranks somewhere around the Carabao Cup level?

Not the end of the world, of course but would nice to be given the same opportunity to prepare.

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

It’s not even at Carabao Cup level. It’s nothing more than a Charity Shield for Europe.

Any trophy you can win by only playing one match isn’t to be taken seriously.

11 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Chelsea fans piss off the best manager they have had in years, fair play to him for jumping ship 

Hopefully they'll not notice what's happening at Utd and get Lampard in, on the basis that he used to score quite a lot of goals for them.

18 hours ago, jyoung said:

Come off it fam, Conte and Mourinho want words.

I would take Sarri over Conte and Mourinho any day. Conte and Mourinho obviously achieved more in the game but they have been managing top clubs for much longer. There is a reason Conte is at Inter and Mourinho is unemployed, whereas Sarri is at Juve. 

3 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

I would take Sarri over Conte and Mourinho any day. Conte and Mourinho obviously achieved more in the game but they have been managing top clubs for much longer. There is a reason Conte is at Inter and Mourinho is unemployed, whereas Sarri is at Juve. 

Well, fair enough. No Chelsea fan is going to think that Sarri did a better job than either of those two though.

And also - Conte going to Inter is huge, mate. He is very well respected in Italy. Obviously their squad is weaker but I would not be surprised to see them be the ones to take the challenge to Juve. Bookies have them as second favourites and he is the reason. 

19 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Well, fair enough. No Chelsea fan is going to think that Sarri did a better job than either of those two though.

And also - Conte going to Inter is huge, mate. He is very well respected in Italy. Obviously their squad is weaker but I would not be surprised to see them be the ones to take the challenge to Juve. Bookies have them as second favourites and he is the reason. 

He didn't get the opportunity to do a better job than them. 3rd in the Prem and a Europa League win is as good as you could have realistically hoped for in his first season.

Not denying that but if Juve wanted Conte they would have got him. Sarri is also very well respected in Italy, it's a shame he wasn't respected by Chelsea fans. 

6 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Not denying that but if Juve wanted Conte they would have got him. Sarri is also very well respected in Italy, it's a shame he wasn't respected by Chelsea fans. 

Conte left Juve of his own accord as he wasn't happy with what was going on behind the scenes. Pure speculation to suggest that if they wanted him they could get him, there is nothing to support that point of view.

Also, Juve fans aren't particularly overjoyed by the appointment. It was only recently he was giving them the middle finger. But yeah... If you say so.