5g concerns.

Maxthewoodman

Hello

Does anyone know if its possible to find out where the 5G masts are placed on the site? I heard that The Park was the only area to have this 'experiment'.

Im on the fence with 5G, but I have educated friends that are really concerned with the roll out of this, and in particular I have two trader friends that have had staff pull out of the festival because they are so worried about the health risks. I have to say Im amazed that the Eavis's have decided to run with this, especially considering how many cities and boroughs in Europe have stopped their involvement. I guess there is a healthy pay packet from EE involved. 

Anyway, is there a legal requirement for the festival / EE to provide info on mast numbers and placement? Anyone else concerned about this?

XXX

1 minute ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

If there are health effects, they won't be instant. 

But there won't be health effects and if there where you should be more concerned about living in London (according to your profile) where it's already been turned on for a couple of weeks than visiting Glastonbury where you'll spend less than a week. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Maxthewoodman said:

Hello

Does anyone know if its possible to find out where the 5G masts are placed on the site? I heard that The Park was the only area to have this 'experiment'.

Im on the fence with 5G, but I have educated friends that are really concerned with the roll out of this, and in particular I have two trader friends that have had staff pull out of the festival because they are so worried about the health risks. I have to say Im amazed that the Eavis's have decided to run with this, especially considering how many cities and boroughs in Europe have stopped their involvement. I guess there is a healthy pay packet from EE involved. 

Anyway, is there a legal requirement for the festival / EE to provide info on mast numbers and placement? Anyone else concerned about this?

XXX

It's already live in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Cardiff and Edinburgh so why are you amazed that the Eavis's are running with it?

I don't believe that about the traders staff pulling out, sorry.

6 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Since the 5g was turned on up here in Edinburgh there has been a distinct rise in mutants with super powers, I think this maybe why the new X-men film is doing so badly it isn't fantasy any more.

As someone originally from Glasgow, I think you will find that Edinburgh had it’s fair share of mutents before 5G was installed, though I don’t remember any with super powers.

Just now, GMF said:

As someone originally from Glasgow, I think you will find that Edinburgh had it’s fair share of mutents before 5G was installed, though I don’t remember any with super powers.

I did say rise in mutants we're almost up at Glasgow levels now. 

Some of the 5G allocation is on the same band as 4G - wouldn't be surprised if that was whats being used for the festival. 4G with extra bandwidth hyped up for the festival and EE's purposes.

Non ionising radio waves are not going to hurt you unless its seriously high power and you're stood up the mast* 

If anyone think 5 days exposure is somehow going to kill you then they need a good slap.  A lot of the anti 5G slant has come directly from Russia if you read up about it.

*Qualification to know about what I'm talking about - BEng(Hons) Electronic & Comms Engineering. 

Edited by tumbles
  • Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, tumbles said:

Some of the 5G allocation is on the same band as 4G - wouldn't be surprised if that was whats being used for the festival. 4G with extra bandwidth hyped up for the festival and EE's purposes.

Non ionising radio waves are not going to hurt you unless its seriously high power and you're stood up the mast* 

If anyone think 5 days exposure is somehow going to kill you then they need a good slap.  A lot of the anti 5G slant has come directly from Russia if you read up about it.

*Qualification to know about what I'm talking about - BEng(Hons) Electronic & Comms Engineering. 

what he said.

11 minutes ago, mcshed said:

But there won't be health effects and if there where you should be more concerned about living in London (according to your profile) where it's already been turned on for a couple of weeks than visiting Glastonbury where you'll spend less than a week. 

My tin foil hat is protecting me.  Wibble. 

Edited by HotChipWillBreakYourLegs

3 minutes ago, tumbles said:

At last, someone with a qualification that entitles them to call bullshit, rather than the rest of us who still call bullshit but can't substantiate it!

Out of upvotes.

9 minutes ago, stuie said:

It's already live in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Cardiff and Edinburgh so why are you amazed that the Eavis's are running with it?

I don't believe that about the traders staff pulling out, sorry.

Sadly this is where the misinformation spreads. As I say Im on the fence with it all, but had been told it wasn't 'live' until July, and Glasto was a trial venue.

For what its worth, Im actually trading at the festival and have had two members of staff pull out this morning after attending 5G talks. 

2 minutes ago, tumbles said:

What sort of reply is that, the world has moved on, the last thing you need to win a argument these days is to base your premise on facts.

I am now off to my flat earth society meeting, we are spending the day watching the horizon.