Bamboo toothbrushes and Amazon links to battery chargers.

bamber

How comes? It’s just a YouTube vid with some advice. Bamboo toothbrushes are fairly decent but unnecessary if you already have a toothbrush, and as for the battery packs; don’t most people grab one from amazon anyway? 

I switched to a Bamboo toothbrush last year anyway. I'm doing my best to cut down on unnecessary plastic all year round not just at the festival. Still got a long way to go so absolutely not perfect but I think we all need to try and do our bit. I've also gotten bamboo cotton buds and have tried to ask people to stop buying me smellies that come in plastic bottles. 

5 hours ago, cb4747 said:

How comes? It’s just a YouTube vid with some advice. Bamboo toothbrushes are fairly decent but unnecessary if you already have a toothbrush, and as for the battery packs; don’t most people grab one from amazon anyway? 

Sick to the stomach was probably an over-reaction.

It does wind me up though when someone purportedly offering to help me with tips and advice starts off trying to sell me something, especially if that something is an £18 Glastonbury T-shirt that costs more than the official T-shirts do and which is going in his pocket rather than the Festival coffers and the charities and activism that the Festival supports.

Bamboo toothbrushes are fine, yes, but have you seen how much stuff they bring in that car? Is the irony/hypocrisy I see lost on others somehow. People bring (and leave) way, way too much stuff to Glastonbury in my opinion.

/Rant over :)

13 minutes ago, bamber said:

Sick to the stomach was probably an over-reaction.

It does wind me up though when someone purportedly offering to help me with tips and advice starts off trying to sell me something, especially if that something is an £18 Glastonbury T-shirt that costs more than the official T-shirts do and which is going in his pocket rather than the Festival coffers and the charities and activism that the Festival supports.

Bamboo toothbrushes are fine, yes, but have you seen how much stuff they bring in that car? Is the irony/hypocrisy I see lost on others somehow. People bring (and leave) way, way too much stuff to Glastonbury in my opinion.

/Rant over :)

To be fair to them I'm lucky enough to be in the campervan field and I know that means I overpack and prepare for all eventualities but I do bring everything home with me. I also sometimes pack a bag for the weather the forecast says is most unlikely and leave it in the car unless it is needed. 

I understand the T-shirt thing. I do think it's a bit cheeky selling festival t-shirts without at least ensuring a donation goes to the charities that Glastonbury supports. On the whole I don't think they've done anything too horrid apart from encouraging people to have umbrellas in the rain as there is nothing more selfish to use for rain in a crowd. If you are dry it's because you are literally pouring rain on the person next to you.