Four Tet

Bannyman

So four tet is playing and I am getting unbearably excited about it.

But hes playing three times. What are peoples thoughts on which set to see? Pangaea will be great but surely you wouldn't be getting the crazy visuals that were done in the ally pally performances? The wow stage will be a more personal setup? I'm torn! Just look at this stuff! 

You definitely won't be getting the live show I'm afraid, so it won't be anything like Ally Pally. None the less, he's still a brilliant DJ and one of the most eclectic selectors around so he will still be worth seeing. 

I remember going to see him in the wow tent (god I hate that name) in 2016 and I think we lasted a couple of songs. It was overcrowded and there seemed to be a large element of tossers in attendance which you don't usually get with a Four Tet audience. I'm not usually snobby, but people werent being considerate of those around them, acting aggy and the atmosphere just didn't seem pleasant at all. It's the only time in 6 Glastonburys where I've experienced that. 

If you can get in the Stone Bridge Bar that should be a great spot to catch him (Although it has a one in one out system, being an open sided tent, it's just as fun to hang around and party outside if you can't get in). Pangea sounds like it will be a great new addition so he should be worth checking out there too.

1 minute ago, Familiar2billions said:

You definitely won't be getting the live show I'm afraid, so it won't be anything like Ally Pally. None the less, he's still a brilliant DJ and one of the most eclectic selectors around so he will still be worth seeing. 

I remember going to see him in the wow tent (god I hate that name) in 2016 and I think we lasted a couple of songs. It was overcrowded and there seemed to be a large element of tossers in attendance which you don't usually get with a Four Tet audience. I'm not usually snobby, but people werent being considerate of those around them, acting aggy and the atmosphere just didn't seem pleasant at all. It's the only time in 6 Glastonburys where I've experienced that. 

If you can get in the Stone Bridge Bar that should be a great spot to catch him (Although it has a one in one out system, being an open sided tent, it's just as fun to hang around and party outside if you can't get in). Pangea sounds like it will be a great new addition so he should be worth checking out there too.

At 11am Stonebridge should be fine to just saunter in.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Familiar2billions said:

I didn't realise he was on that early, that's my Saturday morning sorted! Cheers for the heads up! 

He played that slot before in either 2014 or 2015 and it was ace. A great way to shake the cobwebs off from the night before and kick start your day, he genuinely turned a pretty zombified crowd tune by tune into a party.

15 minutes ago, mcshed said:

He played that slot before in either 2014 or 2015 and it was ace. A great way to shake the cobwebs off from the night before and kick start your day, he genuinely turned a pretty zombified crowd tune by tune into a party

If anyone is capable of doing that, he's the man. Another reason to wish away this next fortnight. 

19 minutes ago, uscore said:

Does the (DJ set) part of the Stonebridge listing mean he will be playing other people's records too?  And the sets at Wow and Pangea will be Four Tet tunes?

I suspect they'll all be DJ sets with a mix of both his and other similar vibe tunes.

1 minute ago, uscore said:

what will he not be doing in Stonebridge compared to the others that means it has to have (dj set) written by it?

The set was listed by a different person working on a different stage who felt it necessary to add the phrase (dj set).

• 3 years later...

Kieran was great at Love Saves the Day. It was a fresh set compared to what he's been doing recently.

So, he's playing IICON this year, as well as playing as Morning Side at the Stonebridge Bar (as I'm sure he will several other sets). It's going to be interesting seeing how he tailors each set to each stage. I assume Morning Side will pull pretty heavily from New Energy, which is exciting. 

2 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Kieran was great at Love Saves the Day. It was a fresh set compared to what he's been doing recently.

So, he's playing IICON this year, as well as playing as Morning Side at the Stonebridge Bar (as I'm sure he will several other sets). It's going to be interesting seeing how he tailors each set to each stage. I assume Morning Side will pull pretty heavily from New Energy, which is exciting. 

I’m in two minds about the Icon set. 

Torn between seeing Hot Chip then going to San Remo for DJ Boring and HAAi or going to SEC early and getting a good spot for Four Tet. 

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Morning Side is a DJ set, no?  I dropped by a few years back and he was playing bollywood instrumentals and gamelan music type stuff.

Yeah a DJ set. I saw a bit of it in I think 2015 (possibly year you’re talking about) before Young Fathers opened the Park and it was pretty chilled and not that busy at all and easily able to walk in and out as pleased - but then come 2019 I couldn’t get anywhere near it as it was absolutely rammo with a massive queue. Expect similar this year as he’s just got from strength to strength, and I never would’ve thought back then he’d be making the waves he is now. 

58 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

FFS, that's a shame if so. I caught his KH set last year. It was a DJ set. Great, like, but I want to hear his more ambient stuff. Think that's sold me on The Last Dinner Party.

I also had the pleasure of seeing him stonebridge last year, it made for a very chilled start to the day. Looking forward to catching him again this year.

On 6/13/2019 at 7:51 AM, mcshed said:

At 11am Stonebridge should be fine to just saunter in.

Is the Morning Side stated for Stonebridge Sat at 11, Four Yet?

Edit: just read the rest of the thread. Had no idea he was gonna be on that early. Would def help me not worry for his IICON set if I catch him at Stonebridge nice and early with my tea and burrito.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Is the Morning Side stated for Stonebridge Sat at 11, Four Yet?

Edit: just read the rest of the thread. Had no idea he was gonna be on that early. Would def help me not worry for his IICON set if I catch him at Stonebridge nice and early with my tea and burrito.

Get there early. Contrary to what was said above, it will be busy.