Lost pass out

semmtexx

Alright all. Campervaning again this year. Always have a mild panic about what happens if I loose my ticket or passout as I go through the turnstiles. Especially when you come back a little merry! Anyone actually have any idea what happens if you do? 

A mate lost his once, he had to go up to a portacabin at the top of the hill of death. He had to wait for about an hour as there were a few others there as well. They asked him a few questions about where he lived, what email address he had registered with them etc and then they gave him another one and sent him on his way.

Basically it’s not the end of the world, just a bit of hassle. Ultimately all they want to ascertain is that you are you and you haven’t obtained your ticket by nefarious means, which if your pass out is absent is a possibility.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

1 hour ago, cb4747 said:

Do you wear a bra? Put it in your bra!

I'd love to see a bloke named, presumably, on the forum after explosives and whose interests are listed firstly as Curry who gets pissed at Glastonbury and who also wears a bra. That is true Glastonbury spirit.

Having said that everyone goes on about bum bags, perhaps a better alternative....

12 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

A mate lost his once, he had to go up to a portacabin at the top of the hill of death. He had to wait for about an hour as there were a few others there as well. They asked him a few questions about where he lived, what email address he had registered with them etc and then they gave him another one and sent him on his way.

Basically it’s not the end of the world, just a bit of hassle. Ultimately all they want to ascertain is that you are you and you haven’t obtained your ticket by nefarious means, which if your pass out is absent is a possibility.

this...

one of our group lost his ticket and was sent to the HoD security portakabin, quizzed about local landmarks, golf courses etc.. probably lost him a couple of hours or more (ironically he found someone else's ticket whilst looking for his but that doesnt help much..)

since then i have photographed each of our groups tickets and shared on WhatsApp... it may not be a get out of jail free but will likely cut the 2 hours down considerably..

Of course this only effects people that plan on exiting the main gates before end of festival (Cv'ers), the rest of you need not give a shit

once lost my wrist band

still had my ticket , lost the wrist band as soon as I came in. noticed while taking a trip back to the car to pick up the rest of my stuff. When i was walking out i went to show my band only to discover it wasn't there. he told me to go outside to a  potacabin. explain to them what had happened and they would issue me with a new band. this was 5 pm.

fast forward to 4 am, still sat outside the same porta cabin, going back every thirty minutes to ask them what to do . in the end they asked me loads of questions about where I was camped , what had I walked past  blah blah. I still had my ticket ,. I had my ID . 5 AM they let me back in to the festival.

moral of the story if you lose your wrist band don;t admit it . don;t go back out. 

5 hours ago, cb4747 said:

Do you wear a bra? Put it in your bra!

Wasn't planning on it but it might be sensible!! 

Don't have moobs (yet!) but could increase my curry intake over the next fortnight to see what I can manage! ?

5 hours ago, clarkete said:

It's sufficiently annoying that you should look after it when you're there

It's not sufficiently annoying that you should be worrying about it two weeks in advance you big silly!

I love the fact that this lovely forum means you can call a stranger over the internet a big silly and it be completely awesome and lovely! ??

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Gedh said:

I'd love to see a bloke named, presumably, on the forum after explosives and whose interests are listed firstly as Curry who gets pissed at Glastonbury and who also wears a bra. That is true Glastonbury spirit.

Having said that everyone goes on about bum bags, perhaps a better alternative....

???

I really really love curry. 

5 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Of course this only effects people that plan on exiting the main gates before end of festival (Cv'ers), the rest of you need not give a shit

Security over the last few years have been taking an interest in the lack of wrist band and i have heard " Can I see your wrist bands please ? "usually up in Shangri La or the railway line 

If its a scorching hot Glasto i would be nervous about wandering about in a t shirt with no wrist bands on !

6 minutes ago, ivan said:

Security over the last few years have been taking an interest in the lack of wrist band and i have heard " Can I see your wrist bands please ? "usually up in Shangri La or the railway line 

If its a scorching hot Glasto i would be nervous about wandering about in a t shirt with no wrist bands on !

It was a 'lost ticket' comment, not a 'missing wristband' one... quite different things.

We were asked to show wrist bands a few times entering the camp site last time round.

I’m lead to believe the problem is that people already inside the festival remove their wristband, someone else leaves the site with it, collecting a pass out token on leaving and passes both the wristband and the token on to someone outside so that they can gain entry. Then they return and claim to have lost their pass out, head up to the hut and then after answering a few questions head back in.

3 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

We were asked to show wrist bands a few times entering the camp site last time round.

I’m lead to believe the problem is that people already inside the festival remove their wristband, someone else leaves the site with it, collecting a pass out token on leaving and passes both the wristband and the token on to someone outside so that they can gain entry. Then they return and claim to have lost their pass out, head up to the hut and then after answering a few questions head back in.

That makes sense. Guess it's too tempting for a way back in, probably pretty easy too.

20 hours ago, gherkin8r said:

I'm not sure that would really work as when you leave the site, they scan your ticket and issue a pass out token that is linked to your ticket. On getting back in the ticket and token both get scanned and wristband checked. Kind of a holy trinity of ticket, pass out token and wristband needed to get in and out.

On the subject of keeping your token safe I normally keep mine in a small plastic wallet that you can get at stationary stores. Keeps it safe and dry and can then be safely left in the rucksack. Taking a photo of your ticket and keeping it on your phone is another good way of backing up you are there legitimately and have brought a ticket - even if it goes missing

12 hours ago, phil the shrew said:

I'm not sure that would really work as when you leave the site, they scan your ticket and issue a pass out token that is linked to your ticket. On getting back in the ticket and token both get scanned and wristband checked. Kind of a holy trinity of ticket, pass out token and wristband needed to get in and out.

On the subject of keeping your token safe I normally keep mine in a small plastic wallet that you can get at stationary stores. Keeps it safe and dry and can then be safely left in the rucksack. Taking a photo of your ticket and keeping it on your phone is another good way of backing up you are there legitimately and have brought a ticket - even if it goes missing

I’ve never known them to scan your ticket on exit/re-entry again.

They scan your ticket when you first arrive but not once you have your wristband.

Once you have your wristband they always give your ticket a good inspection, check your photos and check it under a uv light etc but they don’t scan it.

The reason for the passout is as described above, if they didn’t give them out you could just gain entry, remove your wristband and chuck it I’ve the fence along with your ticket or have it sent back out of the festival for somebody to gain entry with it. If you don’t have a pass-out by definition you haven’t already entered the festival so shouldn’t have a wristband... unless of course you just lost it.

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I’ve never known them to scan your ticket on exit/re-entry again.

They scan your ticket when you first arrive but not once you have your wristband.

Once you have your wristband they always give your ticket a good inspection, check your photos and check it under a uv light etc but they don’t scan it.

The reason for the passout is as described above, if they didn’t give them out you could just gain entry, remove your wristband and chuck it I’ve the fence along with your ticket or have it sent back out of the festival for somebody to gain entry with it. If you don’t have a pass-out by definition you haven’t already entered the festival so shouldn’t have a wristband... unless of course you just lost it.

Maybe it’s because I leave the site all together that they do the process I described - that’s up at Gate A for the coaches, and has been in place for a couple of years

Or possibly I just look suspicious and they are doing extra checks on me to check I’ve got the right ticket! 

48 minutes ago, AcidSmiles said:

Random Q.. would one pass out be eligible for a couple people? i.e turn up to the gate and advise the security we was only given one pass out between us as we was all exiting/re-entering together? 

Asking for a friend.

No, 1 pass out 1 person