Clueless Independent Article

EMorgz92

26 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

"Bring snacks. Ideally small ones that can fit in your wellies "

Yes, I too frequently see people crouched down by the Pyramid stage, reaching into their wellies and pulling out a melted mars bar and pack of mini cheddars!!

You mistake that gesture... people are doing something entirely different when crouched down by the Pyramid Stage (esp after a few hours of good subs and headliner in the front) 

Edited by dazednconfused

36 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

This seems to be Olivia's sole camping experience, no festival pics at all on her instagram. No wonder the article is such a disaster.

There are a bunch of pics from different Glastos and even one from Coachella, on a quick scan.

Don't see the problem in someone doing the festival differently; I bet not everyone wants to piss in a Lenor bottle either! Swear threads are getting increasingly negative now when y'all should be a bit more excited by this point.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There are a bunch of pics from different Glastos and even one from Coachella, on a quick scan.

Don't see the problem in someone doing the festival differently; I bet not everyone wants to piss in a Lenor bottle either! Swear threads are getting increasingly negative now when y'all should be a bit more excited by this point.

My mistake then, should have looked a bit harder, but that makes the article even stranger, but I suppose a young woman's priorities are always going to be a bit different to mine! You're right about the negativity though, maybe we're just getting a bit impatient.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

... bet not everyone wants to piss in a Lenor bottle either! Swear threads are getting increasingly negative now ...

"Piss in a Lenor bottle"?  I feel this one is a comedic joke going to waste (something about Yorkshire or the like). Main point being, who can afford a Lenor bottles to piss in?  

5 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

My mistake then, should have looked a bit harder, but that makes the article even stranger, but I suppose a young woman's priorities are always going to be a bit different to mine! You're right about the negativity though, maybe we're just getting a bit impatient.

That’s true actually - I recall it’s not time to be bouncing off the walls with excitement until the week before.

2 minutes ago, EasyUserName said:

"Piss in a Lenor bottle"?  I feel this one is a comedic joke going to waste (something about Yorkshire or the like). Main point being, who can afford a Lenor bottles to piss in?  

Yo we’re in the Glastonbury section. No one’s brassic here.

9 minutes ago, calamitymaud said:

Mad thread. While the article is absolute dogshit i'm not sure finding and sharing the author's social media feeds and judging her is behaviour that is commensurate with the high standards usually displayed on here!

Well, I could be wrong but I did feel that the authors comments were a judgement on the festival experience. 

9 minutes ago, calamitymaud said:

Mad thread. While the article is absolute dogshit i'm not sure finding and sharing the author's social media feeds and judging her is behaviour that is commensurate with the high standards usually displayed on here!

Not really a valid criticism when she’s a lifestyle writer with her socials linked to on the actual article.

39 minutes ago, EasyUserName said:

It's the drinking of the Lenor beforehand that I struggle with.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

The error rate is pretty low for mainstream media. I'd say that's one of the better articles out there. The main problem is that it doesn't really take into account the upcoming changes.

Silver star NME.

4 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

@stuartbert two hatsbeat me to it, but that's not a bad article. Sucked me in anyway. I'm at work tomorrow and wish I hadn't dipped into this thread now. A few mistaken facts though, as you say.

Night night.

Edited by MrZigster

10 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

And surely ‘chocolate filled crepes’ are the worst most impractical snack to bring to a festival, let alone stuff in your wellies.

Personally I can't think of anything worse than eating a sweaty cheese string matured from being in my wellies all day

10 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

And surely ‘chocolate filled crepes’ are the worst most impractical snack to bring to a festival, let alone stuff in your wellies.

Personally I can't think of anything worse than eating a sweaty cheese string matured from being in my wellies all day

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Spot on. It's fucking boring and tragic watching people scoff at others because they think they 'get' the festival more and 'do it' better. Get off your high horse and stop belittling everyone. Sad.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2