Synthesizer/live electronic band help needed please!

dingbat2

12 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

What/who are they, I liked the idea of them fro the band name, but when checking out BSRs playlist it was all Barry White stuff?!

I don't know, I just caught the name in the line-up... But I think you're right, it's all Barry White stuff!

On 6/12/2019 at 7:46 PM, Splonk said:

I was really hoping TVAM would be on the lineup, but sadly he's not (he's doing BlueDot and End of the Road though).

Worth a listen if you're into synth stuff. Saw Gary Numan at Bluedot last year and he was fantastic.

It really feels like Glastonbury have missed out on some really good acts this year.

Really thinking about getting  tickets for Bluedot again this year, I went with the wife and kids to the first two, but missed last year because the wife now teaches so couldn't go because it was during term time where we live. Also resigned myself to not going again this year for same reason, but might take the kids again on my own, the kids are desperate to go again. As am I

The line ups are always right up my street and its a fantastic little festival. Kraftwerk, Hot Chip, New Order, John Grant, John Hopkins this year to name a few, not a bad line up at all!

• Like 1

On the Holy Fuck side of things are this superb new act from Bristol:

On 6/13/2019 at 9:21 AM, maelzoid said:

I don't know, I just caught the name in the line-up... But I think you're right, it's all Barry White stuff!

Yeah that’s precisely what they’re playing. Found this article about it: https://soundsmag.co.uk/2019/05/26/the-love-unlimited-synth-orchestra/.

9 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yeah that’s precisely what they’re playing. Found this article about it: https://soundsmag.co.uk/2019/05/26/the-love-unlimited-synth-orchestra/.

That sounds a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be, I think I am going to catch them now. I do like that sort of stuff they do at the Park, such as the Thuderbirds colab. John Grant for guest vocals?! ...apart from hes in Oz the weekend before... 

12 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Ah Charles Hazelwood again! He always pops up with something interesting and worth listening to. I loved the Thunderbirds stuff on 2014 and he was behind the Phillip Glass performance too.

Thread of the year (again). Loads on here I want to see some new ones I am now into.

Struggling to add much, i’m curious as to what friendly fires come back with. Oh and i’m Looking forward to some top notch synth-pop from Georgia (though early on the park seems a strange placing.

22 minutes ago, DJL said:

Thread of the year (again). Loads on here I want to see some new ones I am now into.

Struggling to add much, i’m curious as to what friendly fires come back with. Oh and i’m Looking forward to some top notch synth-pop from Georgia (though early on the park seems a strange placing.

Saw friendly fires comeback gig in brixton academy last year. Been looking forward to seeing them on the farm though I'm disappointed they haven't brought an album out. They played a few new ones at that gig that haven't been released yet, one called Tijuana was great. 

2 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

This is a particular excellent tip - odd booking for Croissant Neuf but I shall be there.

Here's the thing though. I convince myself I've looked up all there is to see, reconcile myself to multi clashes followed by fallow periods, settle in my ways and then start reading a thread like this - immediately, I've more must sees, more OCD clash issues, and I've got to start colouring in my clashfinder all over again - its all very stressful, don't you know

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Didn't that latter outing fall a wee bit flat?

I don't know, I didn't go. But I intend to attend this one, seems much more fun.

That Phillip Glass album wasn't exactly party central. Fun times in the middle of the day, that's much more like it.

He also did Tubular Bells on Spirit of '71. I really love the idea of doing these slightly more complex musical performances tucked away somewhere. Whatever he does next at Glastonbury, it's likely to be a bit different.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't know, I didn't go. But I intend to attend this one, seems much more fun.

That Phillip Glass album wasn't exactly party central. Fun times in the middle of the day, that's much more like it.

He also did Tubular Bells on Spirit of '71. I really love the idea of doing these slightly more complex musical performances tucked away somewhere. Whatever he does next at Glastonbury, it's likely to be a bit different.

The Philip Glass was a festival highlight for me - love a bit of Glass, do I -  horses for courses and all that. Hazlewood's always interesting,, you're right there - right back from when he did Terry Riley in the Glade, though I thought the video game thing he did was a bit indulgent

1 minute ago, sparkythetortoise said:

The Philip Glass was a festival highlight for me - love a bit of Glass, do I -  horses for courses and all that. Hazlewood's always interesting,, you're right there - right back from when he did Terry Riley in the Glade, though I thought the video game thing he did was a bit indulgent

Indulgent, interesting and risky are all sides of the same (multidimensional) coin. Being safe is the way to avoid being indulgent. I'm glad he's trying.

On 6/12/2019 at 7:43 PM, bennyhana22 said:

George Fitzgerald live on Glade on Thursday ticks your boxes, @dingbat2.

And if you’re a Sigur Ròs fan (I am) then check out Eyre Llew. They’re opening JPT on Sunday and closing Scum on Monday morning at 0400h. They’re soundscapey post-rock with more than a nod to SR and are terrific. Their album Atelo is a smashing thing. 

I’ll have a look in my schedule for anything else that might fit your bill.

Ben

Eyre llew! Never heard of them till this was posted. 

Have brightened up a gloomy Saturday morning here, lovely stuff! I think there would be tears if I saw them at that closing set on Monday morning lol not sure I could cope. 

22 minutes ago, GWR said:

Eyre llew! Never heard of them till this was posted. 

Have brightened up a gloomy Saturday morning here, lovely stuff! I think there would be tears if I saw them at that closing set on Monday morning lol not sure I could cope. 

C'mon, @GWR!

Just think what an end to the festival that might be...!

Ben

54 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

C'mon, @GWR!

Just think what an end to the festival that might be...!

Ben

It would be epic, yeah. 

I would imagine I'll be in far too manic a state tho trying to squeeze as much of the 4 to the floor stuff in before retreating back to normality come Tuesday. If they could play the stone circle around 9am that'd probably suit me better ? 

Ross From Friends (Live) - Stonebridge Sat 15:30

Georgia - Park Fri 14:00

The Comet Is Coming - West Holts Fri 17:30. Maybe stick around for Maribou State afterwards.

Definitely Jon Hopkins, think Shura has already been mentioned also. Perhaps Jungle, but they might not be quite what you're after. Check Henge out also!

Edited by FLB

38 minutes ago, GWR said:

It would be epic, yeah. 

I would imagine I'll be in far too manic a state tho trying to squeeze as much of the 4 to the floor stuff in before retreating back to normality come Tuesday. If they could play the stone circle around 9am that'd probably suit me better ? 

Ha!

I'm the same. It's the one, single moment in my festival where I am fully intending to adopt a 'let's see how I feel' approach (the rest being (for some, painfully) militarily planned and fixed!!).

My Sunday night/Monday morning would have me at either Felix D or Seth Troxler at 0400h, so if I feel that I've pretty much ticked all my dance boxes I could, conceivably go and finish with Eyre Llew. I kind of like the idea of bookending my Sunday with them, opening the JPT, and then closing Scum.

Ben