Synthesizer/live electronic band help needed please!

dingbat2

Not sure if anyone has mentioned 'The Egg'  Bloody love The Egg me, lost count of the times I've seen them.  They usually play at least a couple of times over the weekend, usually once in the Glade. 

Low Island, Free Love, Friendly Fires, Haelos, and Hot Chip are all high on my list.  Will listen to the others recommended in this thread too.

I also want to see Bicep but are they moving from "band with a Synthesizer" into "dance band" territory?

25 minutes ago, uscore said:

I also want to see Bicep but are they moving from "band with a Synthesizer" into "dance band" territory?

They're most accurately thought of as an electronic dance act who DJ and also play live.

I don't think they've ever really attracted the description of a 'band'.

And given that they'll be DJing only at Glastonbury (as far as we understand), I don't think they fit into the brief of this thread, as entertaining as they can be.

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

15 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

They're most accurately thought of as an electronic dance act who DJ and also play live.

I don't think they've ever really attracted the description of a 'band'.

And given that they'll be DJing only at Glastonbury (as far as we understand), I don't think they fit into the brief of this thread, as entertaining as they can be.

Ben

yes, not fitting into brief of this thread is entirely what I meant.

I guess they are similar to Four Tet in a way, in that it's electronic "acts", if you will, who aren't doing their full thing.

I don't think Ross From Friends fits either?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Going to bump this again if you dont mind, looking for any electronic music in the line up this year, especially synth bands, or other electronic music with live instruments, psychedelic stuff, soundscapes, reverb type stuff. Haven't had much of a chance to look this year but will do over the few days,so any help in advance appreciated! Some I have noticed so far are WH Lung, Jane Weaver, the Egg (obviously!), Floating Points (although I assume he won't have a band with him at that time of night), St Vincent....

23 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

Going to bump this again if you dont mind, looking for any electronic music in the line up this year, especially synth bands, or other electronic music with live instruments, psychedelic stuff, soundscapes, reverb type stuff.

Take a look at Caribou.

On 6/14/2022 at 8:24 PM, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

To add to the above:

Hercules and Love Affair

Confidence Man (highly recommended)

The Avalanches

The Egg

Bonobo

Pet Shop Boys

And for DJs there's Hot Chip, 2 Bears, Calvin Harris

Thanks all, there is some great stuff there but I still haven't stopped looking for any more! Also like Jane Weaver but not sure how good she is live? Penelope Isles I think will also sound ace in WG as well as WH Lung (last two not particularly electronically though)

On 6/12/2019 at 6:14 PM, dingbat2 said:

Tried to bump my thread from 2013 bit is been archived, so I will start a new one...

I am not trying to undermine Ben's thread re electonica/dance music, but I need some more help chaps, I love live electronic music, anything with synthesizers and I am a happy man. The sort of bands I love are Kraftwerk, Goldfrapp, Gary Numan, M83, Holy Fuck, Air, Mirrors, Ulrich Schnauss, Sigur Ros (less synths but I still love them) 

Can anyone recommend any live ‘synth’ bands from the line up so far. Although I like dance music, I am looking for synth music specifically, so any ideas? 

Cheers!

Plastic mermaids 

25 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Plastic mermaids 

Thanks old son, I will check them out. I think it was you who mentioned Subgiant a few years back, I think you know them, I have loved then ever since, right up my street, astonishingly great live band l, shame they aren't playing G this year, they're still playing live this year. One of the great glasto gigs ever at 2am in the Bimble Inn a few years back...

1 minute ago, dingbat2 said:

Thanks old son, I will check them out. I think it was you who mentioned Subgiant a few years back, I think you know them, I have loved then ever since, right up my street, astonishingly great live band l, shame they aren't playing G this year, they're still playing live this year. One of the great glasto gigs ever at 2am in the Bimble Inn a few years back...

No but funny enough olly who plays guitar is doing bin collections lololool 

6 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

No but funny enough olly who plays guitar is doing bin collections lololool 

It was you who recommended them though wasn't it? I think they are are a great live band and it would be ace given a better slot at a festival, there's nothing not to like, electoronic music, DJing, live guiter, live drums, etc.... exactly the sort of thing i am looking for! I see they were at Boomtown recently

13 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Yea.. Very good friends of mine 

Look em up old son.. Not as ravey but just good in their own way..... 

https://www.plasticmermaids.com/?hide_splash=1

Edited by guypjfreak

Gaudi has just posted this;

The official rehearsal for our Glastonbury gigs is finished and went down very well, we are now ready for some stage actions! This year I'm not playing my usual solo gig, instead, we are presenting this new project called Chant Live, consisting of an ensemble of 6 musicians playing live dub-electronica, sampling the audience in real time and integrate it into our songs, the crowd interact with us fully, live, helping the composition of the tracks on-the-fly! I'll be playing my theremin, minimoog and live dub manipulation actions while Don Letts will be sampling the audience and send the source straight to Dan Harper and his loop machine, while Dan Morrell manoeuvres the stems and Nanopunk glitches them, Ned Scott of The Egg will then create atmospheric soundscapes with his synthesizers! Complex stuff to coordinate but highly satisfying me tell ya! We will perform 3 shows:
Sat 25/06 h4pm on the legendary Greenpeace Stage, 
Sun 26/06 h10pm @ The Rabbit Hole (Funkingham Palace),
Sun 26/06 h11pm @ the Crew Bar! 
💚🤟❤️
Don Letts GAUDI Chant Live Feel Life Music Glastonbury Festivals @nano punk Ned Scott THE EGG Invisible System @dan morrell Greenpeace International
#glastonbury The Rabbit Hole, Glastonbury Festival The Rabbit Hole at Glastonbury Festival

Sounds like it might float your boat?