Synthesizer/live electronic band help needed please!

dingbat2

Tried to bump my thread from 2013 bit is been archived, so I will start a new one...

I am not trying to undermine Ben's thread re electonica/dance music, but I need some more help chaps, I love live electronic music, anything with synthesizers and I am a happy man. The sort of bands I love are Kraftwerk, Goldfrapp, Gary Numan, M83, Holy Fuck, Air, Mirrors, Ulrich Schnauss, Sigur Ros (less synths but I still love them) 

Can anyone recommend any live ‘synth’ bands from the line up so far. Although I like dance music, I am looking for synth music specifically, so any ideas? 

Cheers!

1 hour ago, dingbat2 said:

Tried to bump my thread from 2013 bit is been archived, so I will start a new one...

I am not trying to undermine Ben's thread re electonica/dance music, but I need some more help chaps, I love live electronic music, anything with synthesizers and I am a happy man. The sort of bands I love are Kraftwerk, Goldfrapp, Gary Numan, M83, Holy Fuck, Air, Mirrors, Ulrich Schnauss, Sigur Ros (less synths but I still love them) 

Can anyone recommend any live ‘synth’ bands from the line up so far. Although I like dance music, I am looking for synth music specifically, so any ideas? 

Cheers!

George Fitzgerald live on Glade on Thursday ticks your boxes, @dingbat2.

And if you’re a Sigur Ròs fan (I am) then check out Eyre Llew. They’re opening JPT on Sunday and closing Scum on Monday morning at 0400h. They’re soundscapey post-rock with more than a nod to SR and are terrific. Their album Atelo is a smashing thing. 

I’ll have a look in my schedule for anything else that might fit your bill.

Ben

1 hour ago, dingbat2 said:

I love live electronic music, anything with synthesizers and I am a happy man.

I was really hoping TVAM would be on the lineup, but sadly he's not (he's doing BlueDot and End of the Road though).

Worth a listen if you're into synth stuff. Saw Gary Numan at Bluedot last year and he was fantastic.

It really feels like Glastonbury have missed out on some really good acts this year.

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

George Fitzgerald live on Glade on Thursday ticks your boxes, @dingbat2.

And if you’re a Sigur Ròs fan (I am) then check out Eyre Llew. They’re opening JPT on Sunday and closing Scum on Monday morning at 0400h. They’re soundscapey post-rock with more than a nod to SR and are terrific. Their album Atelo is a smashing thing. 

I’ll have a look in my schedule for anything else that might fit your bill.

Ben

I've just listened to some of this, bloody hell that 4am slot has some potential. This is lovely stuff 

16 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I've just listened to some of this, bloody hell that 4am slot has some potential. This is lovely stuff 

I KNOW!

I'm torn, as intuitively I feel like I'll want to be dancing until Emily pulls the plug out, but I can see myself getting to 4am and thinking that I've had a good run, so I'll head to Scum and let some massive, blissful walls of guitar smash into my face to finish my festival.

Ben