Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi guys :)

I'm staying off site this year (in Bruton) and want to know the logistics of getting a taxi back every night/morning from the festival....  Are there taxis outside? I'm trying to pre book local companies but no joy as yet. Thanks in advance

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's quite a distance from site.  If you are looking to leave / arrive at "peak" times (especially after the headliners) I would guess taxis are going to be very hard to pre-book. pre

To follow on from whateverman, why are you staying there and commuting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bruton is the next station to Castle Cary - so you’d probably make it in on the train each day (it’s a 5 mins rail journey) - you’d then be able to get the free festival rail & ride shuttle to the festival bus station.

Then a taxi back would probably be the best option. It a bit of a schlep so probably not the cheapest in a taxi fares. So, it might be worth heading to the Bath & West drop off point by free-bus and a taxi onwards at night.

Whatever way the new travel info kiosk at the festival bus station onsite (just outside Ped Gate A) would be able to give the best advice before heading into the festival on the first day...

BTW - the festival taxi rank is a bronze gate, a little to the west of Ped Gate A

Edited by Sara_out_west
Update
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sara_out_west said:

Bruton is the next station to Castle Cary - so you’d probably make it in on the train each day (it’s a 5 mins rail journey) - you’d then be able to get the free festival rail & ride shuttle to the festival bus station.

Then a taxi back would probably be the best option. It a bit of a schlep so probably not the cheapest in a taxi fares. So, it might be worth heading to the Bath & West drop off point by free-bus and a taxi onwards at night.

Whatever way the new travel info kiosk at the festival bus station onsite (just outside Ped Gate A) would be able to give the best advice before heading into the festival on the first day...

BTW - the festival taxi rank is a bronze gate, a little to the west of Ped Gate A

Top reply! Out of votes sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a mystery that needs solving. Who’s David? Why Bruton? 

I need answers. Stat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gedh said:

Top reply! Out of votes sorry.

Thanks 😁

and hopefully that’s one of the reasons I got selected to volunteer for festival info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 7:32 PM, whateverman said:

Can I nose as to why you are doing this?

You can :) I'm getting married on the Friday, then our 'reception' is the festival. Plus we forgot to buy camper van tickets and nobody wants to camp... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 8:45 PM, Sara_out_west said:

Bruton is the next station to Castle Cary - so you’d probably make it in on the train each day (it’s a 5 mins rail journey) - you’d then be able to get the free festival rail & ride shuttle to the festival bus station.

Then a taxi back would probably be the best option. It a bit of a schlep so probably not the cheapest in a taxi fares. So, it might be worth heading to the Bath & West drop off point by free-bus and a taxi onwards at night.

Whatever way the new travel info kiosk at the festival bus station onsite (just outside Ped Gate A) would be able to give the best advice before heading into the festival on the first day...

BTW - the festival taxi rank is a bronze gate, a little to the west of Ped Gate A

Excellent advice Sara, makes me feel a bit better as was starting to panic. We had looked at trains to castle Cary, it's just the getting back at night that's causing a headache. I understand our experience may be less flexible than before, but I need to make the best of it. I'm ringing a lot of local taxi companies to pre book. No joy as yet but if there's taxi's running all night that won't be a bad thing. And I'll have a beer buzz going on to help while I wait 😜

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2019 at 11:58 AM, kalifire said:

This is a mystery that needs solving. Who’s David? Why Bruton? 

I need answers. Stat. 

I'm David 👍☺. Bruton was the nearest place we could book to the festival, everything nearer was fully booked. If anyone local can offer any more advice, it'd be greatly appreciated, but I think Sara covered it all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@smallpotatoes35 - Bruton is rather lovely; obviously there’s Hauser & Wirth plus the gardens, the Chapel and the poshest Spa supermarket I’ve ever been to - if you get an opportunity to explore.

Edited by Sara_out_west
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sara_out_west said:

@smallpotatoes35 - Bruton is rather lovely; obviously there’s Hauser & Wirth plus the gardens, the Chapel and the poshest Spa supermarket I’ve ever been to - if you get an opportunity to explore.

We've got dinner booked at the chapel on Thursday night :) I definitely want to have a mooch. Thank you so much for the advice, I think the taxi thing will be ok 🤞

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s also the option to do an all nighters at the festival and get the first train back 🤪. Did that in 2016 - walked straight onto a bus at 5:55am (got a photo that verifies the time) and mingled with the commuters back home on the 6:30am-ish train; no cues - to early for the mass exodus off-site. If you’ve got accommodation for Monday night - all day snooze!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sara_out_west said:

There’s also the option to do an all nighters at the festival and get the first train back 🤪. Did that in 2016 - walked straight onto a bus at 5:55am (got a photo that verifies the time) and mingled with the commuters back home on the 6:30am-ish train; no cues - to early for the mass exodus off-site. If you’ve got accommodation for Monday night - all day snooze!!  

To be honest our first night last time at Glastonbury we stumbled out after 5am so that could well be a possibility!! I know it'll be a different experience this time, I just hope the taxi thing isn't going to be too much of a hassle... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...