David

smallpotatoes35

Bruton is the next station to Castle Cary - so you’d probably make it in on the train each day (it’s a 5 mins rail journey) - you’d then be able to get the free festival rail & ride shuttle to the festival bus station.

Then a taxi back would probably be the best option. It a bit of a schlep so probably not the cheapest in a taxi fares. So, it might be worth heading to the Bath & West drop off point by free-bus and a taxi onwards at night.

Whatever way the new travel info kiosk at the festival bus station onsite (just outside Ped Gate A) would be able to give the best advice before heading into the festival on the first day...

BTW - the festival taxi rank is a bronze gate, a little to the west of Ped Gate A

Edited by Sara_out_west
Update
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Sara_out_west said:

Bruton is the next station to Castle Cary - so you’d probably make it in on the train each day (it’s a 5 mins rail journey) - you’d then be able to get the free festival rail & ride shuttle to the festival bus station.

Then a taxi back would probably be the best option. It a bit of a schlep so probably not the cheapest in a taxi fares. So, it might be worth heading to the Bath & West drop off point by free-bus and a taxi onwards at night.

Whatever way the new travel info kiosk at the festival bus station onsite (just outside Ped Gate A) would be able to give the best advice before heading into the festival on the first day...

BTW - the festival taxi rank is a bronze gate, a little to the west of Ped Gate A

Top reply! Out of votes sorry.

On 6/12/2019 at 8:45 PM, Sara_out_west said:

Excellent advice Sara, makes me feel a bit better as was starting to panic. We had looked at trains to castle Cary, it's just the getting back at night that's causing a headache. I understand our experience may be less flexible than before, but I need to make the best of it. I'm ringing a lot of local taxi companies to pre book. No joy as yet but if there's taxi's running all night that won't be a bad thing. And I'll have a beer buzz going on to help while I wait ?

• Upvote 1

On 6/13/2019 at 11:58 AM, kalifire said:

This is a mystery that needs solving. Who’s David? Why Bruton? 

I need answers. Stat. 

I'm David ?☺. Bruton was the nearest place we could book to the festival, everything nearer was fully booked. If anyone local can offer any more advice, it'd be greatly appreciated, but I think Sara covered it all 

3 minutes ago, Sara_out_west said:

@smallpotatoes35 - Bruton is rather lovely; obviously there’s Hauser & Wirth plus the gardens, the Chapel and the poshest Spa supermarket I’ve ever been to - if you get an opportunity to explore.

We've got dinner booked at the chapel on Thursday night :) I definitely want to have a mooch. Thank you so much for the advice, I think the taxi thing will be ok ?

• Upvote 1

There’s also the option to do an all nighters at the festival and get the first train back ?. Did that in 2016 - walked straight onto a bus at 5:55am (got a photo that verifies the time) and mingled with the commuters back home on the 6:30am-ish train; no cues - to early for the mass exodus off-site. If you’ve got accommodation for Monday night - all day snooze!!  

20 minutes ago, Sara_out_west said:

There’s also the option to do an all nighters at the festival and get the first train back ?. Did that in 2016 - walked straight onto a bus at 5:55am (got a photo that verifies the time) and mingled with the commuters back home on the 6:30am-ish train; no cues - to early for the mass exodus off-site. If you’ve got accommodation for Monday night - all day snooze!!  

To be honest our first night last time at Glastonbury we stumbled out after 5am so that could well be a possibility!! I know it'll be a different experience this time, I just hope the taxi thing isn't going to be too much of a hassle...