Leaving for Lunch?

rgower194

I would love it to be my birthday on the festival weekend

i would make sure i was at the stone circle at dawn and try to get everyone to sing happy birthday to me 

thinking about it , I may do that anyway, I mean no on is going to ask me for my passport to prove it is my birhday

8 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

I would love it to be my birthday on the festival weekend

i would make sure i was at the stone circle at dawn and try to get everyone to sing happy birthday to me 

thinking about it , I may do that anyway, I mean no on is going to ask me for my passport to prove it is my birhday

i wonder how many groups of people you could get to sing happy birthday over the weekend

A classic new forum member.

Registers and posts one quite unusual question, then doesn't respond to any of the requests for further information and the pages of responses.

In case rgower ever does return - I celebrated 27 birthdays at Glastonbury, including 21st, 30th and 40th.

I never would have dreamt of leaving site to go for a meal.  I've eaten in restaurants with Michelin stars and whilst the experience is delightful I wouldn't want to waste the potential hours involved to get to one.

Unfortunately I believe this is too late for the deluxe diner on that day.

20 minutes ago, Gedh said:

Walk all the way up to the Glastonbury sign, sit down have a cupcake in a box and just look......

Make sure you put a candle on the cup cake

18 hours ago, Kashkin said:

While there is no right or wrong answer, to me it seems not worth it - partly due to the logistics of getting out and in again, traffic etc, and partly because once you're inside you want to remain immersed in the atmosphere and it seems like a waste to leave.

Apart from the wrong answer, which is to leave Glastonbury as soon as you've got there.

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

Apart from the wrong answer, which is to leave Glastonbury as soon as you've got there.

Well, yeah. Guess I was trying to let the OP down gently/allow for the fact that people may have different views and priorities but yeah, of course you're right ?

13 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

You have the opportunity to give your girlfriend a completely unique 21st experience by being at Glastonbury and you want to leave for it?

Pack a picnic and have it up at the Glastonbury or do anything other than leave the site. 

everything will be unique... she'll be 22 next year :ph34r:

So many newbies... You take her out old son 

There's a pub just up a bit from gate A but why not go full on get a taxi into glastonbury itself and have a meal and a look about.. You could if you so desired climb the tor.. 

Then you can say that you've done the lot.. 

Peace and tea