Camping gazebo

glastoloverpaul

5 minutes ago, glastoloverpaul said:

Can someone please enlighten me exactly why gazebos are such a crime?

It's only going to take up the space where me and my friends would sit on our camping chairs? I honestly don't understand the problem

Imagine if there was one gazebo for every 4 people at the festival.

That's 50,000 gazebos.

Does that help you start to see why they've asked you not to bring one?

You can use tarps and sun shades attached to your tents instead.

12 minutes ago, stuie said:

Imagine if there was one gazebo for every 4 people at the festival.

That's 50,000 gazebos.

Does that help you start to see why they've asked you not to bring one?

You can use tarps and sun shades attached to your tents instead.

But 50,000 people aren't going to bring gazebos?! What a ridiculous statement, theres plenty of room

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, glastoloverpaul said:

But 50,000 people aren't going to bring gazebos?! What a ridiculous statement, theres plenty of room

Paul, take your gazebo and put it up mate.

But I bet you return to the tent at some point to find it either gone (and it may have been removed 'legitimately' by a campsite steward) or a tent pitched under it.

Edited by Woffy

3 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Paul, take your gazebo and put it up mate.

But I bet you return to the tent at some point to find it either gone (and it may have been removed 'legitimately' by a campsite steward) or a tent pitched under it.

I'd estimate I've used a gazebo probably around 6 or 7 times at Glasto festivals I've been to and not once has anyone even dared touch it,

• Downvote 1

In 2014 (I think) some people near us had a gazebo and our little tarp that we had fixed to the fence by our tent and the tent itself had got broken somehow. So 3 or 4 of us dandered the 10 or 15 yards over to stand under their gazebo for a few mins, drink our tins of cider and have a wee smoke while the shower passed. There was nobody in the gazebo so we didn't see the harm. A rather angry woman came out of one of the tents nearby and asked us not to stand under their gazebo. She also started lifting their camp chairs which we weren't touching and started putting them back into the tent. The following day she then confronted one of my friends to ask if the camp chair he was sitting on was hers. It wasn't. The gazebo disappeared over night in what can only be described as an unexplained incident. 

Edited by gherkin8r
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 8

6 minutes ago, glastoloverpaul said:

I'd estimate I've used a gazebo probably around 6 or 7 times at Glasto festivals I've been to and not once has anyone even dared touch it,

Not dared....wow theres a challenge..

Where are you camping again ? If you could pin point where youll be we will make it happen :D

9 minutes ago, glastoloverpaul said:

You've been doing really well, and I'm still rooting for you, but you've dropped a bit of a clanger here. Why would a 6 times gazebo veteran be asking for advice on the things or be complaining about having no sun shelter last year? 

You need to stick to a simple story and keep it consistent throughout the thread. Go and reregister and have another go.

Edited by Mark E. Spliff
  • Upvote 9

9 minutes ago, glastoloverpaul said:

If you've used one 6/7 times why do you need help procuring one? You still have it right? also why do you need a cheap one? unless your planning to leave it on site of course!

<cough> TWAT <cough>

14 minutes ago, glastoloverpaul said:

When you're all set up @glastoloverpaul can you check in here with your 3 words and we'll make sure that no one touches your beloved gazebo!

• Like 2

back maybe 10 years ago and before that we used to have a gazebo  .... but it seemed more acceptable back then as tents seemed smaller and camping space seemed to be at less of a premium ... watching a lightning storm under it in the early morning was great fun ... wouldn't dream of bringing one now I hasten to add 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

back maybe 10 years ago and before that we used to have a gazebo  .... but it seemed more acceptable back then as tents seemed smaller and camping space seemed to be at less of a premium ... watching a lightning storm under it in the early morning was great fun ... wouldn't dream of bringing one now I hasten to add 

Remember being sat in our gazebo in 2009 in an absolutely thunderstorm and downpour through most of the night. Quite possibly Thursday night but not altogether sure. 

I do ‘sympathise’ with Paul though. Lots of people very anxious that rules about Gazebos and other worthy things are obeyed. Not quite so anxious about the rules on recreational drugs. 

Edited by caballosblancos
Added inverted commas for effect

1 minute ago, Olliee said:

You wouldn't f***ing dare. If you're feeling a brave boy I'll let you know where I am and we'll see how that plays out for you.

And I've never took my OWN gazebo before, I've stayed with other people that have brought one and no one has ever bothered us.

...........and hes back on his on his other troll account. School boy error number 2.

• Upvote 1