Camping gazebo

glastoloverpaul

3 minutes ago, glastoloverpaul said:

Hi guys can anyone recommend me a cheap, good quality gazebo for the festival this year?

Theres 4 of us camping and we're looking for one around 3m x 3m, sitting in the sun last time was an absolute nightmare outside our tents.

The festival site has this to say about gazebos:

image.png.1ad87654958b3abad416842cfeabb777.png

4 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

This has to be a wind up. 

3 minutes ago, EasyUserName said:

Probably.  I'm in need of as much distraction from work though as they seemingly are.

Considering @glastoloverpaul's only other post was 'Tips on ditching volunteering' and he has a reputation of -89 I'd conclude he's either a troll or a total twat.

• Upvote 4

The bigger the better. For 4 people you'll need bigger than 3m x 3m to be comfortable though. 

Something like this maybe.

6m-marquee.jpg

Just get there early to get ahead of people looking to pitch their tent.

And you'll need some of this to cordon off your area.

barrier-tape-red-white-diagonal-stripe-7

Also don't forget to stay up late playing Wonderwall badly on an out of tune guitar.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 7

I'd be tempted more towards the marquee end of the spectrum to be honest. They are generally more secluded and so you can just piss inside them or even number 2 if it's hot or wet outside or you don't have any shoes on and can't be arsed walking to the toilet. 

Make sure not to leave your massive flag or backpack in them though before you head off to push in at the front of the crowd after arriving late to the stage, being 6 foot 7 and jumping around whilst having a very loud conversation with your mate 

This forum is crawling with complete and utter dimwits.

If you don't have anything constructive to say regarding my original question then don't say anything at all. Stop looking to be a smart alec and looking for 'laughs' and just help me out?

Too many do-gooders that wouldn't dare break one little 'Glastonbury rule' it's honestly pathetic.

• Downvote 9

36 minutes ago, glastoloverpaul said:

Hi guys can anyone recommend me a cheap, good quality gazebo for the festival this year?

Theres 4 of us camping and we're looking for one around 3m x 3m, sitting in the sun last time was an absolute nightmare outside our tents.

No,  but I can recommend a field in Shepton Mallet.  Lots and lots of room. ?

Edited by mashedonmud

8 minutes ago, glastoloverpaul said:

If you don't have anything constructive to say regarding my original question then don't say anything at all. Stop looking to be a smart alec and looking for 'laughs' and just help me out?

Too many do-gooders that wouldn't dare break one little 'Glastonbury rule' it's honestly pathetic.

Oi! I’m only a partial dimwit. 

11 minutes ago, glastoloverpaul said:

I've broken many rules but by allowing others to educate me.

I try my best to avoid unnecessary drains on our planet. Cheap gazebo. 

Getting on with people, especially those in close proximity. Land grabbing gazebos. 

I think a bit of humour whilst conveying message totally acceptable. ?

Can someone please enlighten me exactly why gazebos are such a crime?

It's only going to take up the space where me and my friends would sit on our camping chairs? I honestly don't understand the problem

Edit: I'll get a smaller 2m x 2m gazebo if it stops everyone crying, 2 square meters is a perfectly acceptable social area.. surely??

Edited by glastoloverpaul

Just now, glastoloverpaul said:

Can someone please enlighten me exactly why gazebos are such a crime?

It's only going to take up the space where me and my friends would sit on our camping chairs? I honestly don't understand the problem

You're not gonna sit there all day for 5 days though. A tent could go there. Space is at a premium.

Etc.