Yet another coach question

3rdtimer

A few years ago I was on the 10:30 from Birmingham on the Thursday. It made a long stop, so I got to the site at about 15:00. Still managed to find a spot in my usual field (Hitchin Hill). No problem as long as your tent isn’t huge.

Space for 4 tents may be trickier. Have a look in the ‘Where are you camping’ thread in Chat. There was mention there of an area that still has ample space even on Thursdays, so late Wednesday should not be a problem either.

Edited by Watergirl

You can never really predict how long it's going to take. In 2016 we didn't arrive until 10pm after leaving Manchester at 1pm but that was due to floods the week before which caused massive delays. We still found space but ended up trekking right across the site to the furthest reaches of Rigs Field.

In 2017 we camped right by Pedestrian Gate A so no trek and loads of space but very quiet at night and a bit further to walk to a lot of places, it was just me and my other half though so suited us fine.

All being well you'll be there around 7pm. Whatever time you arrive though you still have a golden ticket to the best place on earth :)