drugs - stay safe

eFestivals

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello stuartbert,

Surely you need to now edit your post too?  I'm not sure because I don't actually get it. Thought I'd mention it anyway,just in case. :)

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I already did (thus the "SNIP"), but thanks anyway.

Yeah, it was my post that @stuartbert two hats Suggested I edit. Which I was happy to do as it was inappropriate in the first place for a public forum ?

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

What are people's thoughts/experiences of consecutive days' rolling? The generally wise folk on Bluelight seem to think it's a very bad idea indeed - partly for diminishing returns, but mainly for how it'll leave you feeling for perhaps weeks afterwards.

Diminishing returns just about sums it up. Your brain is depleted so you just can't hit the same highs. 

And yes, the comedowns can be brutal

I've never done more than 2 nights in a row I don't think. Not sure how ill approach it at glasto (assuming I can get some) Would like to do 3 nights ideally based on my lineup but ill probably stick to 2. I think after 2 without giving your brain a long time to recover you're getting all the negatives of the comedown and none of the positives of the high. I've never gotten really bad comedowns though. I notice my mood being affected alright, but I always know that its the drugs and not my self, it'll be gone in a day or two and ill be back to normal.

Edited by Madyaker

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

What are people's thoughts/experiences of consecutive days' rolling? The generally wise folk on Bluelight seem to think it's a very bad idea indeed - partly for diminishing returns, but mainly for how it'll leave you feeling for perhaps weeks afterwards.

It's not ideal and definitely diminishing returns, but unfortunately Glastonbury is five consecutive days and so it's bound to happen. There have been occasions when I've taken a day off between rolls at G and I guess it was better that next day... but usually Thursday - Sunday I'm getting on it because fuck it, Glastonbury is only once a year and it's one of the best places in the world to be under the influence in such a way. So what if the Sunday roll isn't quite as good as the previous days? I'm still at Glastonbury.

edit: As for the comedown... eh, it can be a killer, but worth it I feel. Nothing a week off work won't fix.

Edited by FloorFiller
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skelts said:

Yeah, it was my post that @stuartbert two hats Suggested I edit. Which I was happy to do as it was inappropriate in the first place for a public forum ?

I didn't see the post, but have no worries this end. I just thought that may be it hadn't been edited sufficiently, the way you and stuartbert may have wanted. :)

29 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

As for the comedown... eh, it can be a killer, but worth it I feel. Nothing a week off work won't fix.

Totally. Its glasto so I'll go hard for as many nights as I can and deal with the after effects and come down watching the BBC coverage when I'm home on the settee feeling sorry for myself. 

Fully intend to do 4 of 5 nights with Wednesday being my purely drinking day..

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dccool said:

Totally. Its glasto so I'll go hard for as many nights as I can and deal with the after effects and come down watching the BBC coverage when I'm home on the settee feeling sorry for myself. 

Fully intend to do 4 of 5 nights with Wednesday being my purely drinking day..

I second this.

21 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

It's not ideal and definitely diminishing returns, but unfortunately Glastonbury is five consecutive days and so it's bound to happen. There have been occasions when I've taken a day off between rolls at G and I guess it was better that next day... but usually Thursday - Sunday I'm getting on it because fuck it, Glastonbury is only once a year and it's one of the best places in the world to be under the influence in such a way. So what if the Sunday roll isn't quite as good as the previous days? I'm still at Glastonbury.

edit: As for the comedown... eh, it can be a killer, but worth it I feel. Nothing a week off work won't fix.

Beautifully put, FF. Thank you for precisely the affirmation I was looking for!

As per this link: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/advice/medical-and-first-aid/prescribed-medicines-policy/

It mentions 'd. NOT bring non-essential tablets such as vitamin supplements'

Any idea how strictly this has been policed in the past? I could really do with bringing some vit C, melatonin etc etc

Edited by thew2002
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, thew2002 said:

As per this link: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/advice/medical-and-first-aid/prescribed-medicines-policy/

Any idea how strictly this has been policed in the past? I could really do with bringing some vit C, melatonin etc etc

Considering how much everyone is casually talking about consuming class As for five days, I reckon you'll be fine to bring in some vitamins. Just stick them in your big bag.

26 minutes ago, thew2002 said:

I wondered too. Wouldn't they be suspicious if they found all the obvious post-pinger supplements but no drugs!?

6 hours ago, MJP said:

They took my 5HTP, magnesium and suchlike last festival, but I didn't have them in their original bottle. They said next time to bring the original packaging and it'd be fine.

I bought manganese chelate and it arrived in a glass bottle dammit! To decant into plastic or not to decant? I feel a bit dodgy bringing glass in given the very valid reasons it's banned. Hmmmm 

P.S. Can definitely tell I'm getting old this year. My biggest decanting issue previously was how much JD I could fit into my backpack....

Those of you dabbling, be careful if the weather is as hot as is being forecast for the first couple of days. Particularly class As. 

I made the decision to embrace my first drug-free Glastonbury, today, and I must say I think I'm even more excited. Now I can try all the wicked food ;)

4 minutes ago, gratefulbread said:

Those of you dabbling, be careful if the weather is as hot as is being forecast for the first couple of days. Particularly class As. 

I made the decision to embrace my first drug-free Glastonbury, today, and I must say I think I'm even more excited. Now I can try all the wicked food ;)

Good advice, seen so many folks festivals and their mates ended in disaster and the medical tent. Everything in Moderation

7 hours ago, gratefulbread said:

You must be one of those all or nothing guys :D I've never had much problems eating food.

28 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

You must be one of those all or nothing guys :D I've never had much problems eating food.

Haha I remember once upon a time my ex trying to make me prove I a hadn't taken anything by eating a burger

And it all just falling out of my mouth

• Upvote 1