drugs - stay safe

eFestivals

2016 I lost my ticket so had to wait at the gate A till it was sorted out. Saw lots of people searched at the entrance, when security found something they made the person stand in a pen like structure until the police turned up to take them away, it happened quite alot. Saw a group of men refuse and a fight broke out, more security came from nowhere and kept them on the floor until arrested. 2017 my car was stopped driving into hospitality parking, made to get out, security checked inside car, bags, boot, that sort of thing, then police came behind and put a dog inside to sniff about. Took about 10 minutes and just seemed like luck of the draw if they pulled you in. 

1 hour ago, rzwodezwo said:

First I was worried about getting a ticket, then I was worried about the weather, and now I am worried about getting my stuff in. It's the circle of life. 

I think you've interpreted The Lion King incorrectly.

Edited by Hawros
  • Upvote 1

I don't want to break any rules or anything so i wont put his details in, but i use the same guy every year for MDNA and hes there again with stuff this year so win win. I just call him and meet him there, not expensive and i know it will be safe as I trust the guy. 

I would never buy of someone walking round in there shouting 'i selling mandy' as it'll ether be crap (low in quality) or be bash(full of stuff that could be seriously damaging) 

Ether way be safe whatever your doing and make sure your mates know what you've taken. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Scotdy said:

2016 I lost my ticket so had to wait at the gate A till it was sorted out. Saw lots of people searched at the entrance, when security found something they made the person stand in a pen like structure until the police turned up to take them away, it happened quite alot. Saw a group of men refuse and a fight broke out, more security came from nowhere and kept them on the floor until arrested. 2017 my car was stopped driving into hospitality parking, made to get out, security checked inside car, bags, boot, that sort of thing, then police came behind and put a dog inside to sniff about. Took about 10 minutes and just seemed like luck of the draw if they pulled you in. 

the police are not going to take you away for a few grams, they must've been looking to sell larger quantities 

3 hours ago, MJP said:

I was thoroughly searched last festival, they went through my bags, pockets and patted me down. It does happen.

We rocked up early doors for the overnight queue at gate A in 2016.  They had a search table at the entrance to the zigzag barriers and were searching everyone before letting them in for a period of time that evening (I assume to get the reported numbers of searches up to prove license compliance).  I had a tin of weed in the bag, the guy had me empty my pockets into a tray and patted through my bag with a brief look inside, not inspecting any of the contents in any detail.  I've never been searched before or since in a dozen festivals, I've never seen dogs, if I ever did I would not be bothered as I've walked past the dogs at New Street dozens of times with weed on me.  Dogs, like security are looking for signs of agitation, do not provide them.

11 minutes ago, Scotdy said:

just seemed like luck of the draw if they pulled you in. 

most searches will be for a full one, it's just the world we live in I'm afraid but most searches are not just for drugs and tbh you're more likely to get in if you're stopped and just go "yeah okay this is what I have" most festivals have an initial amnesty policy and won't refuse entry if handed over straight away, large amounts or any suspicion that you might be looking to supply then that's when they'll just hand to police. 

20 minutes ago, 42hamlet said:

Just to add my 2 cents: 

For some odd reason, I was made to do an SIA security training course for work last year despite not working in security and me being built like a pencil with creeping dad bod.

Two things are important to remember 1) Private security have no legal right to search you for whatever reason unless you give them permission

but also 2) they do have a legal right to eject you from the premises for whatever reason (simply asking you to leave is reason enough, if you refuse then you are refusing to comply with instructions which is itself is cause to eject you from the site) - this does include if you do not comply with being searched

Basically if you do get searched then they're unlikely to eject you from the site for a small amount for personal use (lots of paperwork) so just let them have it (I mean you're not taking your entire weekend's stash out with you at once are you?) 

This! an Ejection from a festival takes about 30mins to an hour, depending on circumstances and what for, for anyone who doesn't know it's not just a taken out of a gate and dumped, you'd be put into a vehicle (or walked) to an ejection center, processed (welfare checks, photo, address and details taken with what you did and why you are going, how you are going to get away from the festival, who are you with, if its serious you can then be handed over to the police from here) you'd then be put in another vehicle and taken to a point outside the site where transport links are available for you to then make your way away from the site. 

therefore most response teams and security staff won't want to eject anyone when it can be avoided, Glastonbury is unlike most other events for security too so they are going to want to avoid doing all that paperwork for a tiny find (even i'd like to work and see it from that side one year but the company I work for doesn't cover it)

6 minutes ago, Spindles said:

We rocked up early doors for the overnight queue at gate A in 2016.  They had a search table at the entrance to the zigzag barriers and were searching everyone before letting them in for a period of time that evening (I assume to get the reported numbers of searches up to prove license compliance).  I had a tin of weed in the bag, the guy had me empty my pockets into a tray and patted through my bag with a brief look inside, not inspecting any of the contents in any detail.  I've never been searched before or since in a dozen festivals, I've never seen dogs, if I ever did I would not be bothered as I've walked past the dogs at New Street dozens of times with weed on me.  Dogs, like security are looking for signs of agitation, do not provide them.

My mate had mine so they were searching the wrong people.

Do love a dog at New Street, a handsome policeman with a gun even better. It makes up for the pollution from CrossCountry trains.

So to sum up:

Source before you get there as on site dealers may be janky. Cross check with various sites to see if your stash has any reported issues.

Only take in personal use amounts (split things between your group if you can) and hide appropriately for entry

Be prepared for searches but it's unlikely to happen.

Don't act nervous / draw attention to yourself

Sniffer dogs unlikely to be looking for your stash

If found out, just surrender the amount and hope someone in your group will share/you get lucky with the on site dealers

I've been twice before (2015/2017) and haven't had any search other than a pat down of my bag on re-entry in 2017. Like they literally just pushed down on the outside of the bag 2 times and asked me what was in it. I assumed they were just looking for glass...

Also - keep an eye on "the loop" twitter feed, they will flag up any dangerous gear they have tested at gigs/festivals.

There are some dodgy blue/purple E's floating around that are so strong you only need to take a quarter of a pill (a whole one could put you in hospital). 

Unfortunately they're not at Glastonbury so we'll have to hope the same batches of stuff are being used where they are doing testing.

Edited by Penrhos

4 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

Also - keep an eye on "the loop" twitter feed, they will flag up any dangerous gear they have tested at gigs/festivals.

There are some dodgy blue/purple E's floating around that are so strong you only need to take a quarter of a pill (a whole one could put you in hospital). 

Unfortunately they're not at Glastonbury so we'll have to hope the same batches of stuff are being used where they are doing testing.

Good shout.

Just had a look and searching "#loopalert" will bring up all warnings. :)

best way to get your stuff in, 

roll on deodrant, pop the ball out (clear some of the shite out on the inside) 

get your gear in a jonny, put it in there and pop the ball back in 

10/10 success rate from previous fezzys :ph34r:

Brilliant job announcing your method on a public forum, I have to say ?

I used to rely on a tried and tested hiding method, but these days I'm more relaxed about it and just carry a small amount through on multiple trips so if I ever get pulled I only lose a day's worth at the most.  I always take enough to account for losses, not that I've ever encountered any.

7 minutes ago, LSTx said:

Shhhhhh. I was gonna post this, as this is exactly where all of mine is sitting right now - then I had a moment of (probably unnecessary) paranoia that police/security will see this thread and think.... "excellent, we'll start checking those then"!

Just now, Stokesy10 said:

Shhhhhh. I was gonna post this, as this is exactly where all of mine is sitting right now - then I had a moment of (probably unnecessary) paranoia that police/security will see this thread and think.... "excellent, we'll start checking those then"!

Can you imagine how long the queue would be to get in and how few people would actually make it through to the festival?

2 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Hahahah now that you've mentioned it...you've got me thinking the same?

22 minutes ago, LSTx said:

Saw someone get busted with this method on the way into Reading in '18. Turns out 8 roll on deodrants is suspicious. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, concerned said:

If everyone posts their favourite fake hiding place they won't know where to look.

I like to hide my stash in a fleshlight. Even if they find that there is no way security are going to be investigating it.

I hide my stash in my prosthetic leg