drugs - stay safe

eFestivals

2 minutes ago, Tiesto FTW said:

There were dogs in 2016 ( the last time I went ), but they did state on the Glastonbury website that they were trained in sniffing out explosives, in light of the Manchester attacks. That isn't to say they don't have dogs this year. I'd tell your friend to just pack wisely ;)

Cheers, I'll make sure he leaves the bombs at home ?

11 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Drove past red gate yesterday and there is a huge dog compound. Now that’s not to say this is for drug dogs, could be security land sharks but just so you are aware. 

Cheers, see what happens I guess!

On 6/13/2019 at 4:33 PM, mrfunk said:

Now progressed to stewarding. And worked a few festivals, including Glasto this year.... It's hard to make this point, without sounding like a square.. But for the love of God, please look out for each other, and stop mixing ket with everything... If you need help, get it, get it fast. Be completely honest what your friend has taken, this could safe their life.... Will never forget that girl I helped at boomtown, fitting with her eyes in the back of her head... 2 pills, a few lines of ket, and some random liquid... She just made it, thanks to the cpr.. ? Have fun kids, and party x

Just to reiterate this (another one working the event in a similar capacity)

1. If possible source the drugs from somebody you know and trust rather than a stranger. Even then only buy them from people you'd trust not to spike your drink as a general rule. 
  2. If you absolutely must source the drug from someone you don't know take less than you might normally (take a quarter and sip water)
  3. Stay hydrated - but do not over-hydrate that can also cause problems.
  4. Allow sufficient time for the drug to take effect before taking any more.
  5. If you or a friend gets into trouble - tell security/medics exactly what they have taken and when and if you have taken it yourself - with the greatest of respect you may not be the best person to look after them if you have. In the vast majority of cases personal quantities of drugs will not result in you being removed from site.
  6. If you have the drug that your friend has taken on you give it to give to the medics so they know what's going down. They'll generally know if any dodgy batches are going round and what they look like. 
  7. Avoid ketamine at all costs. If you can't distinguish ketamine from other drugs don't take either at a festival. 
  8. Try and make sure at least one of the people you are with is sober - but don't rely on them to look after you all weekend - they're there to enjoy the festival too. 
  9. If you are carrying it, it will be treat as yours. Goes without saying but don't take your entire groups supply in just because you've got room in your bag - it could lead to intent to supply charges rather than possession if old bill are involved.
  10. Most importantly avoid Skype, Uber Eats and Sprite - the former has been linked to medical incidents at Parklife and the latter were tested to have abnormally high concentration at Download festival. In reality, there's likely to be similarly high concentration pills with other writing on them so take account of that.

Stay Safe and have a great Glastonbury. 

We might come across as squares to you in the course of our duties but that's because sadly the majority of us have seen the really bad side of drugs, alcohol and mental health on festival goers on more than one occasion and are doing as much as we can to avoid dealing with those situations again. As an aside I wish the government would do the maths and fund the loop at every festival in light of decreased policing costs in and around the festival that would naturally occur. 

Edited by madmaninabox
  • Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, madmaninabox said:

2 pills, a few lines of ket, and some random liquid... 

Probably G? That's the primary problem with prohibition in this country. You get told you are going to think you are an orange and peel yourself when you are a child if you take drugs then someone tries something forgiving like some weed or a line of coke and they get complacent, thinking all drugs give you similar room to maneuver. Some things out there the difference between having fun and them fucking you right up is the size of half a match head.

Just now, concerned said:

Probably G? That's the primary problem with prohibition in this country. You get told you are going to think you are an orange and peel yourself when you are a child if you take drugs then someone tries something forgiving like some weed or a line of coke and they get complacent, thinking all drugs give you similar room to maneuver. Some things out there the difference between having fun and them fucking you right up is the size of half a match head.

Think you've screwed up your quoting here that post was by @mrfunk

Without being there I wouldn't want to speculate what it was.

It's highly unlikely there will be dogs sniffing for your gear, I've not seen one in the last 12 years.

The amount of substances on site will be vast and the police aren't going to be interested in joe bloggs having a joint. Don't flash it in their face mind as you'd be a fool.

They're looking to stop the supply (and their brief will reflect this) and will work undercover in order to do so.

1 hour ago, Plume said:

Any chance they'll be dogs sniffing around?

Asking for a friend 

Yet again, I've  never seen one in approx 25 years of attending. Yet again again there are folk on here who have seen them - or dogs, at least. Would have sent you a PM last week (had we been communicating then) on a few ways to reduce the chances of getting caught. As it's all very last minute now, all I can offer is that 'your mate'  wrap his / her cannot be without medication in a couple of easily obtainable sealed chicken roasting bags, and hide it accordingly. Then again, a little bit of cling film can go a long way - including up apertures which are even more unlikely to be searched. All the best.

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

It's highly unlikely there will be dogs sniffing for your gear, I've not seen one in the last 12 years.

The amount of substances on site will be vast and the police aren't going to be interested in joe bloggs having a joint. Don't flash it in their face mind as you'd be a fool.

They're looking to stop the supply (and their brief will reflect this) and will work undercover in order to do so.

Can't stress enough the bit in Bold. 

I'd recommend not walking round shovelling party vitamins into your face, you don't know who is watching.

Might sound a bit 'health and safety' but an incident where some dodgy type (clearly a dealer and I get treatment of those is different) was rugby tackled buy 3 or 4 under cover types right next to my partner and I at Bestival last year. 

The ensuing 'ruck' made for good viewing though. 

just reiterating what others have said, I've worked most major festivals and worked every event at one of the countries largest arenas, from running searches to ejection centers to main stages, and have found and had to deal with some people in messed up states, just be careful and honest with medics or security if you're or a friend is getting in a bad way. 

Dog wise it's hard enough for Drug Dogs to work in an inner city arena in a controlled area at a boxing event so don't think there will be constant drug dogs, not to say they won't make an appearance, can see it being more prominent they are looking for explosives, weapons, etc,

If you have already sourced your party supplies and do not have access to any sort of testing, it's worth checking https://www.ecstasydata.org/ to see if you can identify the tablets and the rough strength of them. 

Don't buy drugs off the guys going through the crowds whispering "pills pills pills ,coke coke coke" 

It's risky and in all likelihood, you'll be paying over the odds for (at best) a rubbish product.  I've read reports on drug testing at festivals and found that a lot of "coke" was just paracetamol, baby powder and pro plus, and pills were just filled with any old shite.

If someone in your group loves ket, just keep an eye on them.  If they end up taking far too much, be prepared to have to look after them for 15-30 minutes while the effects are at their highest.  Find somewhere where they can sit/lie down (if they've drank a lot, put them in the recovery position if vomiting is likely), if you're the one who's taken too much, let your friends know that you'll need a bit of looking after.

If at any point you are concerned for their well being, get help and as said above, be honest about what they have taken.  It could literally save lives.

18 minutes ago, madmaninabox said:

Think you've screwed up your quoting here that post was by @mrfunk

Without being there I wouldn't want to speculate what it was.

Note to self, 'quote selection' doesn't work for nested quotes

8 minutes ago, Tom White said:

Can't stress enough the bit in Bold. 

I'd recommend not walking round shovelling party vitamins into your face, you don't know who is watching.

Might sound a bit 'health and safety' but an incident where some dodgy type (clearly a dealer and I get treatment of those is different) was rugby tackled buy 3 or 4 under cover types right next to my partner and I at Bestival last year. 

The ensuing 'ruck' made for good viewing though. 

The security at Arcadia were pretty full on last time, roaming around shining torches into people's face around the periphery. Bit of a buzz kill, quite aggressive.

A friend needed to sit down for a bit during the Roni size set, was watching the security operate around the outside. We ended up going back into the crowd incase they started giving hassling us, didn't look fun

Edited by concerned
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yet again, I've  never seen one in approx 25 years of attending. Yet again again there are folk on here who have seen them - or dogs, at least. Would have sent you a PM last week (had we been communicating then) on a few ways to reduce the chances of getting caught. As it's all very last minute now, all I can offer is that 'your mate'  wrap his / her cannot be without medication in a couple of easily obtainable sealed chicken roasting bags, and hide it accordingly. Then again, a little bit of cling film can go a long way - including up apertures which are even more unlikely to be searched. All the best.

Out of upvotes, but cheers. I'll do my best to hide it away! Haven't got that much anyway.

23 minutes ago, concerned said:

Note to self, 'quote selection' doesn't work for nested quotes

The security at Arcadia were pretty full on last time

I found this as well, in 2016 and 17. We were at Daniel Avery in 2016, and security were just going up to random people and asking to search their pockets. Killed my buzz and we left.

1 minute ago, Skoo said:

I found this as well, in 2016 and 17. We were at Daniel Avery in 2016, and security were just going up to random people and asking to search their pockets. Killed my buzz and we left.

Are they allowed to do that? 

I've never seen it happen so quite surprised. 

1 minute ago, 6xx said:

No idea - I suppose they can come up with any spurious reason to search someone. It's never the police you need to worry about, it's private security firms. 

3 hours ago, nowyouregideon said:

So is there a anything like The Loop or those Marquis Reagent testing kits available on site? Or are of you taking a kit by chance? That mixmag article has got me paranoid.

None of these onsite this year unfortunately.

I've purchased a test kit which I'll be using tonight ?.

Rave safe everyone.

3 minutes ago, Skoo said:

No idea - I suppose they can come up with any spurious reason to search someone. It's never the police you need to worry about, it's private security firms. 

Wouldn't be surprised if they took stashes off people and sold it on themselves. Saw this happening at V fest years ago!

16 minutes ago, 6xx said:

yep, security can ask to search you any time you are on site / in a venue, it could be that there is suspicion of dealing or someone who matches your description they are after, trust me most staff won't want to or just don't like doing it, just be polite and ask for a reason as to why they are stopping you,  the last think I like doing is taking someone out of what they have paid to enjoy, but if it is a tw@ (and every company has them) just don't refuse, most will just then say you are refusing a search, they believe you are hiding something and then will just eject you from the site. 

Edited by dan05delaney

12 minutes ago, dan05delaney said:

yep, security can ask to search you any time you are on site / in a venue, it could be that there is suspicion of dealing or someone who matches your description they are after, trust me most staff won't want to or just don't like doing it, just be polite and ask for a reason as to why they are stopping you,  the last think I like doing is taking someone out of what they have paid to enjoy, but if it is a tw@ (and every company has them) just don't refuse, most will just then say you are refusing a search, they believe you are hiding something and then will just eject you from the site. 

Thanks for the info. I don't look dodgy so might be ok :D

8 minutes ago, 6xx said:

Thanks for the info. I don't look dodgy so might be ok :D

it's okay, all security is there for essentially 4 things,  

Protection of Life 

Protection of Property 

Prevention of Loss (mainly data related)

Preventing and Deterring Crime (theft, breach of peace, use of illegal substances) 

random searches will fall into the first and last one, if they are being idiots just be overly nice, it takes me about 20 seconds to do a pat down on someone who is co-operative, then we can both get on with other things, depending on companies and security plans there will probably be plains clothes teams in operation in areas but they will probably be looking for more dealing etc, if it seems there is more staff than normal in an area chances are they've been told that someone is in the area or they have seen someone, I know we don't like to think it but there will be a lot of CCTV on site mainly around the stages and areas where it's busy.

Just to add my 2 cents: 

For some odd reason, I was made to do an SIA security training course for work last year despite not working in security and me being built like a pencil with creeping dad bod.

Two things are important to remember 1) Private security have no legal right to search you for whatever reason unless you give them permission

but also 2) they do have a legal right to eject you from the premises for whatever reason (simply asking you to leave is reason enough, if you refuse then you are refusing to comply with instructions which is itself is cause to eject you from the site) - this does include if you do not comply with being searched

Basically if you do get searched then they're unlikely to eject you from the site for a small amount for personal use (lots of paperwork) so just let them have it (I mean you're not taking your entire weekend's stash out with you at once are you?)