drugs - stay safe

eFestivals

Hi all,

Has anyone ever had any experience of trying to buy stuff in there and not having any luck, or is it really as easy as a lot of people say?

It's our first time there this year and my mates are getting the ferry over from Dublin to the UK on Wednesday morning. I was planning on flying into Manchester on the Tuesday to pick stuff up and meet them down there on Wednesday. 

However I'm wondering is that really worth the hassle? If it's easy enough to get stuff in there I would sooner just get the ferry with them on Wednesday and all arrive together. I really wouldn't be looking for a huge amount of anything, just something for the Fri/Sat night (possibly Thurs night too!). Thanks in advance for any advice!

18 minutes ago, phibs said:

Hi all,

Has anyone ever had any experience of trying to buy stuff in there and not having any luck, or is it really as easy as a lot of people say?

It's our first time there this year and my mates are getting the ferry over from Dublin to the UK on Wednesday morning. I was planning on flying into Manchester on the Tuesday to pick stuff up and meet them down there on Wednesday. 

However I'm wondering is that really worth the hassle? If it's easy enough to get stuff in there I would sooner just get the ferry with them on Wednesday and all arrive together. I really wouldn't be looking for a huge amount of anything, just something for the Fri/Sat night (possibly Thurs night too!). Thanks in advance for any advice!

If you have trusted contacts you can use outside the festival that would probably be preferable, more chance of knowing what you are buying is legit.

2 years ago a friend of a friend camped with us and bought some 'MDMA' off some guy camping nearby, ended up sending him loopy thinking we were all talking about him, kept accusing us of saying shit behind his back. Pretty fucking tedious after a while 

3 minutes ago, concerned said:

If you have trusted contacts you can use outside the festival that would probably be preferable, more chance of knowing what you are buying is legit.

2 years ago a friend of a friend camped with us and bought some 'MDMA' off some guy camping nearby, ended up sending him loopy thinking we were all talking about him, kept accusing us of saying shit behind his back. Pretty fucking tedious after a while 

It's a friend in Manchester who sourced the number of someone I could buy off, but I don't actually know the seller at all.

8 minutes ago, phibs said:

It's a friend in Manchester who sourced the number of someone I could buy off, but I don't actually know the seller at all.

Apart from the acid that we used to get int he 90s as soon as we arrived (great times), which was always decent, I've only ever tried getting party stuff once - in the glade in 2016, and it was rubbish.

51 minutes ago, phibs said:

Hi all,

However I'm wondering is that really worth the hassle? If it's easy enough to get stuff in there I would sooner just get the ferry with them on Wednesday and all arrive together. I really wouldn't be looking for a huge amount of anything, just something for the Fri/Sat night (possibly Thurs night too!). Thanks in advance for any advice!

Your best bet at the festival in my experience is just talking to people and getting lucky. I've tried sitting around the stone circle and hope to be offered something to buy, but I've not had any luck.

Was wondering if I should try to pick something up in Bristol on Tuesday, but I'm hopeless when it comes to stuff like that. 

1 hour ago, concerned said:

I might be naive, but isn’t mdma safer to get off stranger than anything else? If there is one thing my youth thought me is if it ain’t crystal don’t buy it.

Im happy to be corrected if im wrong.

Edited by Jay89

Just now, Jay89 said:

I might be naive, but isn’t mdma safer to get off stranger than anything else? If there is one thing my youth thought me is if it ain’t crystal don’t buy it.

There's still a load of dodgy stuff being sold as MDMA that isn't, especially the past 2 years.

I’d say just get chatting to people, some of my mates are way more into it than me yet we always get an even amount. If somebody started talking to me and I liked them I’d probably sell them some if they were really desperate as it would probably be doing me a favour. I know one year some of my mates sold what they had left because they had too much or hadn’t done as much as expected. I’d say you’re better off just striking up conversations with ‘normal’ people and see what happens. 

50 minutes ago, nowyouregideon said:

So is there a anything like The Loop or those Marquis Reagent testing kits available on site? Or are of you taking a kit by chance? That mixmag article has got me paranoid.

I don't think so. A few others have mentioned such services and fairly sure Loop not making an appearance this time. Which seems a shame. 

The Regulars will know better (this is my first Glasto). :)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ryan6876 said:

I take it it’s pretty lax on searches through the gate ? 

I've never been searched, or seen anybody else searched. However, others on here have mentioned in the past about fairly full on searches, so they must take place. I suspect that it's a bit of a numbers game with Glastonbury though. I suspect that there wouldn't be the necessary resources to take up a more meaningful hit ratio than is at present. There may be a little bit of wriggle room, but if they caught everybody taking stuff in, it would result in a complete meltdown of the 'system'. 

7 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've never been searched, or seen anybody else searched. However, others on here have mentioned in the past about fairly full on searches, so they must take place. I suspect that it's a bit of a numbers game with Glastonbury though. I suspect that there wouldn't be the necessary resources to take up a more meaningful hit ratio than is at present. There may be a little bit of wriggle room, but if they caught everybody taking stuff in, it would result in a complete meltdown of the 'system'. 

Any chance they'll be dogs sniffing around?

Asking for a friend 

12 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've been searched twice in twenty-odd years. About 4 years ago at Gate A, I got a cursory rummage and asked about glass etc. Then about 10 years ago I got the full all-stuff-out; through wash bag; unfolding socks she-bang at Gate C. Don't ever assume there won't be a search, kids.

Anybody ever had a full bags tipped out and gone through search and still managed to get their goods in? Suppose security are constantly wising up to the new stash locations people try out but interested to hear what methods have bypassed them, either due to them being so clever or just half arsed checks (although don’t give too much away if you want your tried and tested method out in the open I suppose...)

13 minutes ago, Plume said:

Any chance they'll be dogs sniffing around?

Asking for a friend 

There were dogs in 2016 ( the last time I went ), but they did state on the Glastonbury website that they were trained in sniffing out explosives, in light of the Manchester attacks. That isn't to say they don't have dogs this year. I'd tell your friend to just pack wisely ;)

• Upvote 1