drugs - stay safe

eFestivals

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I encountered sniffer dogs in the queue for gate A last year ... not sure what they were sniffing for though ... might have been explosives .... although the poor animals were lying in the shade ... must be tough having a fur coat you cant remove 

One would imagine dogs sniffing for party supplies in the queue in to GF would be overwhelmed via sensory overload, surely. 

11 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I spent 2009 running round and round the site seeing absolutely nothing at headliner time.

I went way too hard way too soon and spent most of the rest of the festival trying to find my marbles. Some serious, serious lows followed by the most perfect Sunday night imaginable. 

On 6/13/2019 at 2:12 PM, Beartown said:

Just to anyone who is mentioning the extreme sadness after dancing with Mandy at Glasto - cannot recommend 5HTP enough. It's synthetic serotonin, made from plants (a type of cactus if I remember rightly) and it basically tries to replace all the sadness that you've used up. There have been loads of studies on it for all sorts of psychological issues, so whilst it's not necessarily prescribed, it's certainly clear that it has some effect on, essentially, making you less sad. Didn't start taking it until my second Glastonbury and the difference it made was astounding. Plus it's fairly cheap off Amazon - I've made everyone a little pack up of 5 extra strength pills, to take from the Saturday of the festival through to Wednesday (presuming we won't be rolling on Wednesday and Thursday). Strongly recommend!

My first year 'pre loading' - getting too old to recover rapidly (and have a disgracefully tight jaw!) Have bought magnesium tablets and acetyl L carnitine tablets to take a few hours before... Now thinking 5HTP could be better?! 

RaveAid - World's First & Most Trusted Rave Party Recovery Supplement | Ultimate Protection & Recovery | Efficient Scientific Formula for Maximum Potency | Ensured Body & Brain Function (60 Capsules) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00B2XV82I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_5ZubDbCHRSD3K

Taking this with me this year. Last glasto, I took most if not all of the ingredients with me separately. It contains 5http which your not supposed to take pre-roll. But it’s a smaller dose than I would normally take post roll. The convenience of it being all in one is worth it for me. 

Supplements have been a game changer for me and my friends when on a night out, i can’t recommend it enough. Especially if you suffer any side affects from mdma. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Watching someone not giving a fuck about what other people think and enjoying themselves is always a pretty sight.

Ahh I know this, just staying in my protective bubble of self-deprecation! I do it because it's a good laugh, makes people happy and I just fucking love it. Took about a million photos with families where there kids thought I was Elsa from Frozen!

It's my 30th this year on the Sunday. If you see a 20 stone hairy Miley Cyrus from the Wrecking Ball video then please stop for a high five! 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, brightyoungthing2 said:

My first year 'pre loading' - getting too old to recover rapidly (and have a disgracefully tight jaw!) Have bought magnesium tablets and acetyl L carnitine tablets to take a few hours before... Now thinking 5HTP could be better?! 

Chelated magnesium, 5HTP only pre festival up to say Tuesday, don't resume until 24h after any serotonergic drugs

Edited by concerned
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think it was confirmed in 2017 the dogs were for explosives not narcs.

I think this is the most up to date advice, the country was set to the highest grade of warning (attack imminent) at that time due to the Manchester bomb, the police had to make themselves visible and check for explosive devices in everyone's bags. I don't expect to see the same heavy handedness this year. Don't be silly though there may still be some checks, especially for glass and laughing gas.

If they are there it's to keep us all safe from an explosive attack, however normal rules apply for personal use of substances, keep them hidden. Make sure you know what you have, get it tasted if you need to.

Edited by concerned

16 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

I've never seen sniffer dogs going in and out of CV East and I too have never been stopped.

weirdly, I've seen sniffer dogs with police loads of times, just at the bottom of the hill of death. 

And in 2017 my kid (aged 20) was stopped and searched by security at gate C almost every time he entered and at least once on the way out.

44 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Someone I know was grabbed by tbe sniffer dogs at Boomtown last year. 

That was a fun moment. I'd already gone through, but turned around and his tent was being opened. 

My mate got pulled (at Boomtown) by the sniffer dogs... on re-entry on the Sunday afternoon, but waltzed past on the Thursday. I definitely think some of the dogs are decoys.

@gratefulbread - he was asked what he had on him, and given the option of surrendering it without a search - which he did. The security were actually alright with him he said but he won't go back to Boomtown now!

Edited by vintagelaureate

28 minutes ago, gratefulbread said:

What happens with confiscations on the way in in that scenario? Confiscate and go in or something more sinister?

Well, he got everything took off him & let in.

We spoke to others who knew of people who had their wristband cut off & told to go home. (The dogs were the final bit to get past)

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

26 minutes ago, gratefulbread said:

What happens with confiscations on the way in in that scenario? Confiscate and go in or something more sinister?

As usual it'll depend on the amount they find. If they find a lot you won't be going to glasto. If they find a little you most likely will be going to glasto if you eat humble pie and be very polite and then just buy more when you're in. Sniffer dogs at glasto are almost always looking for explosives not drugs I think.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Ahh I know this, just staying in my protective bubble of self-deprecation! I do it because it's a good laugh, makes people happy and I just fucking love it. Took about a million photos with families where there kids thought I was Elsa from Frozen!

It's my 30th this year on the Sunday. If you see a 20 stone hairy Miley Cyrus from the Wrecking Ball video then please stop for a high five! 

?? will do!