drugs - stay safe

eFestivals

1 hour ago, LFC_1892 said:

Anyone with a scouse accent wearing mountain clobber will sort you out

In 2014 (maybe) we were chilling at the Stone Circle in the early hours of the morning when this scouse kid sat and had a smoke with us.  We got chatting and he was saying how he was pissed off that people kept up coming up to him asking if he had any pills for sale, that just because he was scouse, people think he was a dealer.  Then in the same breath he says that he's got some hash he's selling.  

He professed that it was the finest quality but I know crap soap bar hash when I see it so naturally declined his offer.  He then went off in a huff because we wouldn't buy his shite hash.  

8 hours ago, frostypaw said:

The festival is much better when you can remember it, and be present for it. There's a balance to be struck, rarely seems to include going full bonkers, can't say I always get it right but it's nice to know if you're up dancing still it's probably cos it really is good and it's not just time eaten off tomorrow.

The 5HTP advice is all over the shop. Take it up to a day before, take it from at least a day after, never take it during.

Fully agree - it's a marathon, not a sprint and all that.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Beartown said:

I would beseechingly warn against taking too much magnesium - I once had two tablets to counteract the gurn, and, well no easy way to say this, I shat my pants! Certainly made my first glasto memorable...

I owe you an upvote for honesty.

I don't have a very high tolerance for alcohol yet more often than not I've had friends that do so I've valiantly kept pace despite it being a terrible idea (albeit which I tremendously enjoy on the night).  There's been a few times I've woken after pissing myself and it's fair to say it sours my mood a tad.

Mind you, one of my friends still regrets to this day that he hasn't got me broken enough to do a "grand slam", which is apparently piss, shit and vom :bad:

No matter how smashed I get I never do any of the grand slam 3. I have a mate however that is a drinking machine and pisses the bed almost every time he even touches a drop. Blames the ket from back in the day. 

Edited by gherkin8r

9 minutes ago, gratefulbread said:

What is the likelihood of encountering some keen nosed canines in the queue on the way in on Wednesday? I've always coached it in the past and this is my first time driving, not sure if it's more stern on security or not? 

I've never seen dogs at the festival, though there have been tales of the police using them at the motorway services i think. Security do random spot checks on the way in, I've never been checked in 20 years my mate was stopped once, so the chances of being randomly pulled seem to be fairly low.

Not going this year (bloody ticket lottery) but having previously stayed in CV East where you have to enter the festival daily and show your ticket each time, they were conducting random searches of people - empty pockets into a tray to be examined.  But most people were only bringing in day bags.  Entry to the main site if you're camping is a once and for all thing and with all the gear you lug in searches would be very time consuming and impractical.

On 6/13/2019 at 12:11 AM, kingbadger said:

I love drugs. MDMA has got me through the last 3 festivals, and I don't regret it whatsoever. I'd say I was a well informed, very occasional user, however I wasn't warned of the long term side effects of emptying my serotonin supply every 4 months or so. Despite testing my stuff I didn't take into account how it would affect my mental health. Whilst drugs weren't the sole factor in my mental health background, they played a huge part. Long story short having taken MDMA sensibly over the course of Boomtown, on the Monday morning at 6am I had a couple of puffs on a joint (I don't usually smoke). I went from normal to out of body, psychedelic awful trip within seconds. 9 months later I'm still dealing with panic attacks etc which weren't necessarily caused by what happened but were definitely brought to the fore by it. I had a lot worse symptoms too, which were an amalgamation of various issues, but the drugs definitely didn't help.

Long story short is that no matter how sensible you are, how much you test your stash, how accurately you dose, the fact remains fucking with your brain and serotonin may have some awful effects. Just make sure you consider and acknowledge that risk before you take it, and most importantly if you have first time users that they understand that too. 

I'm gonna miss MDMA and it's an amazing drug, and ironically it helped me establish my self confidence to the point now where I really don't need it. But the effect of the drug on your mental health is overlooked because of the fact it's a relatively safe drug to take if dosed properly.

I feel you. I've taken MDMA for getting on for 16 years now, I've had the time of my life and I don't regret it, I'd probably do it all over again given what I know now. However I do sometimes think it's has had a negative effect on my mental well-being, it's impossible to tell really as it may just be getting old, changing as a person. 

I've learned to appreciate less is more with MDMA, after a number of years of being a dick with it, and that has allowed me to still enjoy it. I mainly just try and pass on knowledge to people on forums to help people stay safe (the reason I signed up here)

To the people that are saying they've nearly shat themselves taking magnesium for a tight jaw, make sure you are buying chelated magnesium not magnesium sulphate, it has a much higher bioavailability and is less harsh on your stomach.

They might wear classic reeboks or knackered converse or tracky bottoms tucked in socks, all of thats what the point is not, the points that there ain't no romance around here. 

15 hours ago, Kinkyinuit said:

In 2014 (maybe) we were chilling at the Stone Circle in the early hours of the morning when this scouse kid sat and had a smoke with us.  We got chatting and he was saying how he was pissed off that people kept up coming up to him asking if he had any pills for sale, that just because he was scouse, people think he was a dealer.  Then in the same breath he says that he's got some hash he's selling.  

He professed that it was the finest quality but I know crap soap bar hash when I see it so naturally declined his offer.  He then went off in a huff because we wouldn't buy his shite hash.  

Fully agree - it's a marathon, not a sprint and all that.  

7 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Not going this year (bloody ticket lottery) but having previously stayed in CV East where you have to enter the festival daily and show your ticket each time, they were conducting random searches of people - empty pockets into a tray to be examined.  But most people were only bringing in day bags.  Entry to the main site if you're camping is a once and for all thing and with all the gear you lug in searches would be very time consuming and impractical.

I got searched every day even coming out of the festival to go back to the van, I must look very dodgy

38 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

from what I remember if your lucky a weird wired feeling with some confusion thrown in, if your unlucky violently sick

It will also treat a parasitic worm infection so there is that. Top guys at the stone circle making sure people don't have parasites, how thoughtful 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, concerned said:

I feel you. I've taken MDMA for getting on for 16 years now, I've had the time of my life and I don't regret it, I'd probably do it all over again given what I know now. However I do sometimes think it's has had a negative effect on my mental well-being, it's impossible to tell really as it may just be getting old, changing as a person. 

I've learned to appreciate less is more with MDMA, after a number of years of being a dick with it, and that has allowed me to still enjoy it. I mainly just try and pass on knowledge to people on forums to help people stay safe (the reason I signed up here)

To the people that are saying they've nearly shat themselves taking magnesium for a tight jaw, make sure you are buying chelated magnesium not magnesium sulphate, it has a much higher bioavailability and is less harsh on your stomach.

It's a double edged sword though, whilst my infrequent use has probably contributed to some pretty severe mental health symptoms, the confidence it has given me in my opinion has been worth it. Whilst I was once a socially anxious, depressive bloke I now feel so much more confident, and MDMA and Glastonbury has had such a big impact on that. I can now swan around Glastonbury semi-naked dressed as a mermaid, whereas 5-10 years ago I was the most body conscious, anxious 20 stone fat bloke. Now I'm 19 stone and still fat but the anxiety has disappeared and been replaced by overwhelming self confidence. Really helped me to love myself and to not give a fuck about what anyone else thought about me.

Agree less is more. I wish I knew what i know now about rolling safe when I first started taking drugs. Not that I was overly stupid in the first place, but would have made the whole experience even more wonderful.

*Note - apologies to anyone who stumbled into the 20 stone mermaid in 2017. I'm fully aware it wasn't a pretty sight

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

It's a double edged sword though, whilst my infrequent use has probably contributed to some pretty severe mental health symptoms, the confidence it has given me in my opinion has been worth it. Whilst I was once a socially anxious, depressive bloke I now feel so much more confident, and MDMA and Glastonbury has had such a big impact on that. I can now swan around Glastonbury semi-naked dressed as a mermaid, whereas 5-10 years ago I was the most body conscious, anxious 20 stone fat bloke. Now I'm 19 stone and still fat but the anxiety has disappeared and been replaced by overwhelming self confidence. Really helped me to love myself and to not give a fuck about what anyone else thought about me.

Agree less is more. I wish I knew what i know now about rolling safe when I first started taking drugs. Not that I was overly stupid in the first place, but would have made the whole experience even more wonderful.

*Note - apologies to anyone who stumbled into the 20 stone mermaid in 2017. I'm fully aware it wasn't a pretty sight

Watching someone not giving a fuck about what other people think and enjoying themselves is always a pretty sight.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

12 hours ago, gratefulbread said:

What is the likelihood of encountering some keen nosed canines in the queue on the way in on Wednesday? I've always coached it in the past and this is my first time driving, not sure if it's more stern on security or not? 

I've never seen any going into or out of CV East and like @gizmomanfor some reason I've never been stopped. 

19 hours ago, gratefulbread said:

I encountered sniffer dogs in the queue for gate A last year ... not sure what they were sniffing for though ... might have been explosives .... although the poor animals were lying in the shade ... must be tough having a fur coat you cant remove