drugs - stay safe

eFestivals

Regarding 5HTP. 

I take this 24 hours after taking MDMA and it works well enough I feel. Kind of like a boosted Berocca with some 5HTP in it.

https://www.sortedhealth.com/

Gives me a little boost, and I'm probably asking to jinx it, but have never had a full on depression mode comedown that I hear some people get, or so I've heard. 

As mentioned, don't take it the day after raving. Take it the day after that. Your brain is still releasing serotonin and taking it then will mess with it and should be avoided for sure.

Also I'm sure most know, but if you ever suffer from gurning and jaw clenching, consider taking Magnesium the day you're dropping. Has helped me quite a bit. I'm a 80kg male and usually take two of these and have a much better time, and so does my partner.

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-magnesium-citrate-caplets-100mg-60006390?skuid=007500

I do also one the day after if it hurts, but not sure if that does anything to help jaw or just my placebo brain.

25 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Seems like the appropriate thread to ask a question that's been on my mind lately.

I'm 25, and last year I was introduced to MDMA, before that had only tried booze, weed and a tiny bit of LSD.

Since then I've been taking it very occasionally on nights out with my partner in crime, mostly in moderation with positive results.  Being careful and respectful to not abuse it. Always giving myself at least 2 weeks before taking it again, but usually much more. Haven't ever taken more that a pill and half for a whole night. Usually am fine with just half and half a few hours later. 

So now coming up to Glasto which is a several day event, I've been considering taking 2 nights over the weekend. I was thinking maybe a quarter on Thursday night with a fair bit of alchohol and then Saturday "full on" (but not more than 1.5/2 pills). 

What's the deal with MDMA being done over few days? Does it still work, do you need more? Wouldn't be suprised if people do it two days in a row as I'm aware this country is known for it's consumption (I didn't grow up here, but live here now), but I just don't know anything about that and obviously never done it myself multiples times over a weekend.

Anybody who'd be willing to share experiences and advice, I'd greatly appreciate it. Can be a private/message DM if you prefer.

Thanks!

I've rolled all 5 nights of the festival before. The week after the festival is a horrendous come down, fear etc. However whilst at the festival expect diminished returns from each roll.

If you're after the proper high then taking it only twice you'll probably be fine. Take it 5 times and by Sunday it will make you a bit dancy and give you that energetic buzz still but don't expect the same magic.

Appreciate you're only looking to take it for 2 days, if so I would save it for the ideal 2 sets. No point taking a quarter pill when pissed, you'll empty your serotonin but won't get much from it, and will just make your second, full roll half as good as it should be.

Also wouldn't recommend taking it at all if pissed or planning to continue drinking. I've always drunk till 6pm in the day, then given myself a good 3/4 hours to get most of the alcohol out of my system and then dropping and drinking water only from then on. Being drunk and dropping only blunts the magic, sure enjoy a few drinks first but make sure you're had a good meal and water in you and a decent break from booze before rolling.

53 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Careful with this - taking it too much post-drug consumption and then getting back on it that night and repeat can lead to serotonin syndrome which is fucking horrible. I’d recommend leaving the 5htp until the Monday of the festival/the drug use is all over and use paracetamol, electrolytes, berocca etc to help you recover whilst at the festival. 

Seems to be varying reports on this mind so maybe I just had a particularly bad post-festival comedown, but something to think about/look in to.

Any recommendations for electrolytes or are the much a muchness? 

On 6/12/2019 at 9:59 AM, lucyginger said:

Just be careful and know what to do if you or anyone else goes sideways. I recommend polos. If you feel a bit peculiar, have a sit down, some water, and a polo and a cuddle. 

Also- quarter or half at a time and wait at least an hour before doing any more!! 

That's my two pence worth. 

Stay safe, folks :) 

Why would you only take half a polo..?

16 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

I've rolled all 5 nights of the festival before. The week after the festival is a horrendous come down, fear etc. However whilst at the festival expect diminished returns from each roll.

If you're after the proper high then taking it only twice you'll probably be fine. Take it 5 times and by Sunday it will make you a bit dancy and give you that energetic buzz still but don't expect the same magic.

Appreciate you're only looking to take it for 2 days, if so I would save it for the ideal 2 sets. No point taking a quarter pill when pissed, you'll empty your serotonin but won't get much from it, and will just make your second, full roll half as good as it should be.

Also wouldn't recommend taking it at all if pissed or planning to continue drinking. I've always drunk till 6pm in the day, then given myself a good 3/4 hours to get most of the alcohol out of my system and then dropping and drinking water only from then on. Being drunk and dropping only blunts the magic, sure enjoy a few drinks first but make sure you're had a good meal and water in you and a decent break from booze before rolling.

Thanks! Very interesting to hear that you managed 5 days in a row. Not something I'd ever heard of. Seems like my worry of two days in a row isn't as bad as I had imagined it to be. 

Thanks for the advice on the quarter, I'm reconsidering my plans now. Would seem wasteful for the first one to be used like that thinking about it like that.

Honestly I have had decent experiences mixing. Know it's not too reccomended, but have managed to have a fun night on just half and a couple G&Ts. Didn't feel like there was less magic, just felt like I was more high than I would be had I not had the drinks. Our bodies are all different so who knows. I'm not talking about full on drunk though. I do have a limit where I've had too much alchohol and I'll be like, nope, I'm way too far in can't do it now and if I had some it would probably end badly.

Thanks for sharing mate, really appreciate it. x

50 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Also I'm sure most know, but if you ever suffer from gurning and jaw clenching, consider taking Magnesium the day you're dropping. Has helped me quite a bit. I'm a 80kg male and usually take two of these and have a much better time, and so does my partner.

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-magnesium-citrate-caplets-100mg-60006390?skuid=007500

I do also one the day after if it hurts, but not sure if that does anything to help jaw or just my placebo brain.

I would beseechingly warn against taking too much magnesium - I once had two tablets to counteract the gurn, and, well no easy way to say this, I shat my pants! Certainly made my first glasto memorable...

Now progressed to stewarding. And worked a few festivals, including Glasto this year.... It's hard to make this point, without sounding like a square.. But for the love of God, please look out for each other, and stop mixing ket with everything... If you need help, get it, get it fast. Be completely honest what your friend has taken, this could safe their life.... Will never forget that girl I helped at boomtown, fitting with her eyes in the back of her head... 2 pills, a few lines of ket, and some random liquid... She just made it, thanks to the cpr.. ? Have fun kids, and party x

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, sophiemarie said:

Oh god, how much did you take? (Looks like I have a new thing to be paranoid about.)

It was my first Glasto so it was about 7 years ago - we had a party the weekend before where I HEAVILY overindulged and chewed my mouth off. So I carefully researched something that would stop me chewing, and purchased my magnesium, with the advice to take ONE tablet half an hour before each pill. Thursday, had a tablet before a pill, everything was fine. Friday, had a tablet before a pill, as instructed... About an hour later, I had a little fart and it felt pretty good. Ten minutes later, had another little fart...it was not OK! And these were the days of portaloos ? 

• Upvote 1

I feel like a real wreckhead after reading these - I thought getting on it every night (and usually from first thing in the morning...) was standard!

The hangover/comedown at the end is usually apocalyptic however - last year after boomtown when I got home I saw an advert with 2 old people holding hands and burst into tears!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, grilladelphia said:

I feel like a real wreckhead after reading these - I thought getting on it every night (and usually from first thing in the morning...) was standard!

The hangover/comedown at the end is usually apocalyptic however - last year after boomtown when I got home I saw an advert with 2 old people holding hands and burst into tears!

For me, it's Cesar dog food adverts. That dog gets me every time.

46 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

I donated quite a lot of money to a donkey sanctuary after seeing an ad on the train last year in a similar state.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

It's a massive pain in the hole flying from Ireland @Madyaker

In previous years we always had a group of us going from Liverpool, London, Manchester etc so could get someone else to get for us and be relatively sure on quality etc. 

Have had bad experiences trying to get stuff at the festival in the past with either being ripped off or getting awful stuff. 

1 hour ago, mrfunk said:

If you need help, get it, get it fast. Be completely honest what your friend has taken, this could safe their life

THIS ^^

I took a friend to the medics nearly 20 years ago, but i knew to be honest - and I was able to tell the medic I'd taken the same stuff on an earlier occasion and it was safe. My friend was mostly just-worried by the effects, so some re-assurance from the medic and it was panic over. 

2 hours ago, gherkin8r said:

It's a massive pain in the hole flying from Ireland @Madyaker

In previous years we always had a group of us going from Liverpool, London, Manchester etc so could get someone else to get for us and be relatively sure on quality etc. 

Have had bad experiences trying to get stuff at the festival in the past with either being ripped off or getting awful stuff. 

Yeah i was successful at the stone circle in '16 and didn't get ripped off or anything but no luck in '17. To be honest I only hung around for an hour or so when my group moved away i went with them I wasn't that bothered about it and would rather be out enjoying the fest instead.

I've just read this thread in a one'er, and it's made for some interesting reading. Some very fine points have been made on both sides of the argument. What argument? What are you talking about? It's the black bats, the black bats, can't you see them? They're everywhere. Fucking mind's gone mad! Oh, for the love of all that is Holy, will you just shut up now, you blithering imbecile!?

See, that's what drugs can do for you.

image.jpeg.628964028f792ab07fb60598f9d3c1d0.jpeg

Seriously though. If you are going to take drugs, then DO make the effort to cleverly source, and know the ins and outs of what you are going to take. Don't just gobble down a load of untried kit and head off on the piss. 

It's a real shame that The Loop is not at Glastonbury this year, and represented at a lot more festivals too, every year. They'll never be a time when deaths from illegal drug taking don't occur, but it's absolute madness not to reduce the number of casualties by not utilising such a service as The Loop. 

On 6/12/2019 at 11:54 AM, Henrik said:

However, America is leading the way on this. Cannabis now essentially legal everywhere - and Psilocybin now decriminalised in at least 3 states I believe. The tide has definitely turned. 

Don't make this mistake. It's legal in a few, but you aren't allowed to transport it across state lines and you can be right next to a state where you'll go straight to jail. Smelling random-weed was extremely rare outside the legal states and even then only really in a few areas. They're still very conservative over there 

On 6/12/2019 at 11:27 AM, Kinkyinuit said:

The last couple of festivals have been  more restrained and I got so much more out of them than previous years when I went full bore party boy every night, not getting going (or even human) before the mid afternoon and being a broken husk of a human being come sunday.

To expand on Andrew WK's thesis on this, when it's time to party, we will party smart.

The festival is much better when you can remember it, and be present for it. There's a balance to be struck, rarely seems to include going full bonkers, can't say I always get it right but it's nice to know if you're up dancing still it's probably cos it really is good and it's not just time eaten off tomorrow.

The 5HTP advice is all over the shop. Take it up to a day before, take it from at least a day after, never take it during.

12 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Always test-dabble first or refuse :D

The issue with coke is that a lot of the time the bags are already tied so you're unlikely to get a test, if you do it's likely to be from a legit bag & then they'll fob you off with one of the fakes. Wouldn't bother buying it off someone I didn't know as it's so easy to crush up anything that looks remotely similar and pass it off.

MD / weed is obviously a lot harder to blag as it has more of a distinct look / smell and usually comes in clippy bags. Wouldn't buy pills of a random either, for safety reasons more than anything

Edited by LFC_1892