drugs - stay safe

eFestivals

6 hours ago, Skoo said:

I'll be indulging a lot less this year, mid 30s and have just gotten a bit bored of it. Conversely, I enjoy drinking now far more than I did in my youth - I used to come to festivals in my 20s with no booze at all as I just wasn't fussed about drinking (but I did indulge in the other stuff).

Funny how things change!

I've gone further and gotten myself bored of booze now. It's quite a strange thing. Last festival, I gad a big coffee and 2 donuts for my pre-headliner rush one night :D:( 

1 hour ago, gazariath said:

You're telling me that if you have a joint these days (in these states), you'll be arrested and thrown in jail?

In some states yes! Most states you have to have a minimum amount (an ounce, etc) to get jail time, but Michigan, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, you can get 6 months for any amount (just a joint), Oklahoma up to a year, and so on! 

There is definitely racial bias in those states as well, so as a white person on the street with a joint you'll probably be fine, but I personally wouldnt risk it (I've been to Michigan 30+ times). 

12 hours ago, Barneym said:

We were definitely offered acid by the stone circle on Wednesday afternoon in 2017. In fact we got so sick of people coming up to us offering various things we moved (and we were trying to find shade)

Ffs why does this never happen to me? I hung around the stone circle for about 2 hours on the thursday in 2017 and I didn't spot anyone that looked like they were selling. I think ill try on weds this year. Its a pain having to fly to get to glasto.

2 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I've gone further and gotten myself bored of booze now. It's quite a strange thing. Last festival, I gad a big coffee and 2 donuts for my pre-headliner rush one night :D:( 

ooooh, doughnuts. The advantage of no naughty stuff is you get to eat waaaayyy more.

13 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

If you want to buy some gear go to Silver Hayes and ask the scally lads. They’ll have shit loads and be wearing their sunglasses on a string/rope. 

I'm irish, whats a scally lad? Cheers for the info though

9 hours ago, Skoo said:

I'll be indulging a lot less this year, mid 30s and have just gotten a bit bored of it. Conversely, I enjoy drinking now far more than I did in my youth - I used to come to festivals in my 20s with no booze at all as I just wasn't fussed about drinking (but I did indulge in the other stuff).

Funny how things change!

I'm 37 now, and there have been Glastonbury's in the past where I've done mdma all 5 nights down here, In 2014 I downscaled to four, then in 2016 it became three, and this year I think I may only do it two at best.

I also haven't touched any since Truck festival last July, I used to do the stuff every weekend now its once a year at a festival, and i'm now even scaling that back!

I think there does come a point in your life when drugs aint cool anymore (As in most people in your friend circle stop doing them), and the people I know who still dabble in and around my age tend to keep it quiet that they still do. 

I'll have a giggle on it at appropriate times this year, but I just find it too hard to smash it night after night like I used to up until I was 31 or so.

44 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I'm 37 now, and there have been Glastonbury's in the past where I've done mdma all 5 nights down here, In 2014 I downscaled to four, then in 2016 it became three, and this year I think I may only do it two at best.

I also haven't touched any since Truck festival last July, I used to do the stuff every weekend now its once a year at a festival, and i'm now even scaling that back!

I think there does come a point in your life when drugs aint cool anymore (As in most people in your friend circle stop doing them), and the people I know who still dabble in and around my age tend to keep it quiet that they still do. 

I'll have a giggle on it at appropriate times this year, but I just find it too hard to smash it night after night like I used to up until I was 31 or so.

Bloody hell at 37 

At 37 I was still going to and putting on freepartys and in the forest every other weekend on LSD.. I'm 50 now and NOW I'm calming down old son.. Or should I say young son lol.. 

And no our friends haven't calmed down yet either... Fuck knows its harder but hey I'M NOT 21 NO MORE lol 

Peace and tea old son.. Stay safe what ever you do init. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, bennyboi said:

It’s true though, I’m in my physical & mental prime but I used to be able to spend a weekend on Mandy and carry on like normal on a Monday. 

Now, at the age of 32, I have one tiny dab and I want to kill my self for about a week after. It’s either me or the drugs that have changed. 

That certainly does sound grim. 

I recall someone who seemed to have endless tolerance and was very much in his youthful prime telling me that his week after Glastonbury tended to be sitting in his room crying.

Mind you it serves the bastard right, as he kept offering me the delightful instant headache poppers ?

Hi. 

I don't post very often, but am a daily reader of the forum. 

As regards this thread, i felt I needed to post a comment, with particular emphasis on the use of psychedelics. LSD in particular. 

During my early twenties through to my late twenties, I was a frequent user of LSD. I absolutely loved the feeling of coming up (a sigh, yawn) then the lovely liquid visuals, heightened perception and clear thoughts..... 

HOWEVER. I would never dream of dropping acid at Glastonbury, or any other place, where there were a large amount of people. It would completely overload the senses and in my opinion lead to a bad experience. 

Just my opinion. For anyone intent on trying psychedelic things, I would offer the following advice. 

1.Only take if you are in a good frame of mind (no niggling worries, issues). 

2. You are amongst a good group of friends (good friends). 

3. Drink Tea or water, soft drinks. LSD is enough. Alcohol will NOT add to the experience. 

4. Come up in a calm environment (not in the middle of SE Corner). Start off with plenty of space around you, then judge your level of interaction with public. 

5. DO NOT EVER THINK ABOUT TAKING ANOTHER TAB / WINDOW PANE / PAPER  for at least an hour or two after ingestion of first. It usually takes effect after around 40 minutes NORMALLY. But we are all different, with differing tolerances. 

SUMMARY. I wouldn't take a trip at Glastonbury. Much rather take a trip TO Glastonbury and have a lovely week. 

See you in a couple of weeks and hope the above wasn't patronising. 

Paolo xx 

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, IntoTheWhite said:

Hi. 

I don't post very often, but am a daily reader of the forum. 

As regards this thread, i felt I needed to post a comment, with particular emphasis on the use of psychedelics. LSD in particular. 

During my early twenties through to my late twenties, I was a frequent user of LSD. I absolutely loved the feeling of coming up (a sigh, yawn) then the lovely liquid visuals, heightened perception and clear thoughts..... 

HOWEVER. I would never dream of dropping acid at Glastonbury, or any other place, where there were a large amount of people. It would completely overload the senses and in my opinion lead to a bad experience. 

Just my opinion. For anyone intent on trying psychedelic things, I would offer the following advice. 

1.Only take if you are in a good frame of mind (no niggling worries, issues). 

2. You are amongst a good group of friends (good friends). 

3. Drink Tea or water, soft drinks. LSD is enough. Alcohol will NOT add to the experience. 

4. Come up in a calm environment (not in the middle of SE Corner). Start off with plenty of space around you, then judge your level of interaction with public. 

5. DO NOT EVER THINK ABOUT TAKING ANOTHER TAB / WINDOW PANE / PAPER  for at least an hour or two after ingestion of first. It usually takes effect after around 40 minutes NORMALLY. But we are all different, with differing tolerances. 

SUMMARY. I wouldn't take a trip at Glastonbury. Much rather take a trip TO Glastonbury and have a lovely week. 

See you in a couple of weeks and hope the above wasn't patronising. 

Paolo xx 

It's well said. In 97 a couple of mates took acid from a random dealer, and one of them still doesn't feel like he's recovered.

"I got lost and ended up on stage with Radiohead, there were all these fellas with clipboards behind my eyes, taking down notes whenever I looked fucked"

Least you ended up at a decent stage... Band. 

Joking aside. I had an absolute amazing time using psychedelic drugs. Never had any horrors. Fortunate? Maybe. 

Was always as I mentioned above, in a good frame of mind. Just in my humble opinion believe Glastonbury is NOT the best place to explore and experience, what can be a life altering (for the good) sensual experience. 

Blimey, I sound boring and even worse morale. Ime not, boring that is (hopefully)..... 

Paranoia setting in now..... That would be all the hash I smoked.... 

Aaaaargh. To bed 

?xx

I love drugs. MDMA has got me through the last 3 festivals, and I don't regret it whatsoever. I'd say I was a well informed, very occasional user, however I wasn't warned of the long term side effects of emptying my serotonin supply every 4 months or so. Despite testing my stuff I didn't take into account how it would affect my mental health. Whilst drugs weren't the sole factor in my mental health background, they played a huge part. Long story short having taken MDMA sensibly over the course of Boomtown, on the Monday morning at 6am I had a couple of puffs on a joint (I don't usually smoke). I went from normal to out of body, psychedelic awful trip within seconds. 9 months later I'm still dealing with panic attacks etc which weren't necessarily caused by what happened but were definitely brought to the fore by it. I had a lot worse symptoms too, which were an amalgamation of various issues, but the drugs definitely didn't help.

Long story short is that no matter how sensible you are, how much you test your stash, how accurately you dose, the fact remains fucking with your brain and serotonin may have some awful effects. Just make sure you consider and acknowledge that risk before you take it, and most importantly if you have first time users that they understand that too. 

I'm gonna miss MDMA and it's an amazing drug, and ironically it helped me establish my self confidence to the point now where I really don't need it. But the effect of the drug on your mental health is overlooked because of the fact it's a relatively safe drug to take if dosed properly.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, kingbadger said:

I love drugs. MDMA has got me through the last 3 festivals, and I don't regret it whatsoever. I'd say I was a well informed, very occasional user, however I wasn't warned of the long term side effects of emptying my serotonin supply every 4 months or so. Despite testing my stuff I didn't take into account how it would affect my mental health. Whilst drugs weren't the sole factor in my mental health background, they played a huge part. Long story short having taken MDMA sensibly over the course of Boomtown, on the Monday morning at 6am I had a couple of puffs on a joint (I don't usually smoke). I went from normal to out of body, psychedelic awful trip within seconds. 9 months later I'm still dealing with panic attacks etc which weren't necessarily caused by what happened but were definitely brought to the fore by it. I had a lot worse symptoms too, which were an amalgamation of various issues, but the drugs definitely didn't help.

Long story short is that no matter how sensible you are, how much you test your stash, how accurately you dose, the fact remains fucking with your brain and serotonin may have some awful effects. Just make sure you consider and acknowledge that risk before you take it, and most importantly if you have first time users that they understand that too. 

I'm gonna miss MDMA and it's an amazing drug, and ironically it helped me establish my self confidence to the point now where I really don't need it. But the effect of the drug on your mental health is overlooked because of the fact it's a relatively safe drug to take if dosed properly.

I also understand the irony in me posting this whilst half pissed.

• Like 1

Just to anyone who is mentioning the extreme sadness after dancing with Mandy at Glasto - cannot recommend 5HTP enough. It's synthetic serotonin, made from plants (a type of cactus if I remember rightly) and it basically tries to replace all the sadness that you've used up. There have been loads of studies on it for all sorts of psychological issues, so whilst it's not necessarily prescribed, it's certainly clear that it has some effect on, essentially, making you less sad. Didn't start taking it until my second Glastonbury and the difference it made was astounding. Plus it's fairly cheap off Amazon - I've made everyone a little pack up of 5 extra strength pills, to take from the Saturday of the festival through to Wednesday (presuming we won't be rolling on Wednesday and Thursday). Strongly recommend!

9 minutes ago, Beartown said:

Just to anyone who is mentioning the extreme sadness after dancing with Mandy at Glasto - cannot recommend 5HTP enough. It's synthetic serotonin, made from plants (a type of cactus if I remember rightly) and it basically tries to replace all the sadness that you've used up. There have been loads of studies on it for all sorts of psychological issues, so whilst it's not necessarily prescribed, it's certainly clear that it has some effect on, essentially, making you less sad. Didn't start taking it until my second Glastonbury and the difference it made was astounding. Plus it's fairly cheap off Amazon - I've made everyone a little pack up of 5 extra strength pills, to take from the Saturday of the festival through to Wednesday (presuming we won't be rolling on Wednesday and Thursday). Strongly recommend!

Careful with this - taking it too much post-drug consumption and then getting back on it that night and repeat can lead to serotonin syndrome which is fucking horrible. I’d recommend leaving the 5htp until the Monday of the festival/the drug use is all over and use paracetamol, electrolytes, berocca etc to help you recover whilst at the festival. 

Seems to be varying reports on this mind so maybe I just had a particularly bad post-festival comedown, but something to think about/look in to.

3 minutes ago, Beartown said:

Just be careful.  If you take 5-htp too close to seeing Mandy (as in under 12 hours), it can cause serotonin syndrome which is a horrible experience.  

In addition, 5-HTP can also have the same reaction to people on anti-depressants, especially SSRIs such as sertraline, fluoxetine and Citalopram.  So I would avoid 5-HTP if you are on those medications.

Warnings aside, 5-HTP is fantastic and can really help soften the blow of a comedown.  If you are going to take them, its worth starting taking one a day from now to build up stocks of serotonin. 

14 hours ago, kingbadger said:

THIS

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Careful with this - taking it too much post-drug consumption and then getting back on it that night and repeat can lead to serotonin syndrome which is fucking horrible. I’d recommend leaving the 5htp until the Monday of the festival/the drug use is all over and use paracetamol, electrolytes, berocca etc to help you recover whilst at the festival. 

Seems to be varying reports on this mind so maybe I just had a particularly bad post-festival comedown, but something to think about/look in to.

Fair enough - some people actually recommend taking it (up to a week) ahead of consumption, but my personal concern is that then the MDMA would have a lesser effect, leading to taking more/more risky behaviour. Personally what works for me is taking it the morning after, with my electrolytes and vitamin C tablets, so usually 8-10 hours before taking any more. And then just continuing with a steady dosage well into the following week. But I am going with a few newbies (newbies to Glasto and 5HTP that is) so I will do an extra safety briefing for them, thank you. 

Seems like the appropriate thread to ask a question that's been on my mind lately.

I'm 25, and last year I was introduced to MDMA, before that had only tried booze, weed and a tiny bit of LSD.

Since then I've been taking it very occasionally on nights out with my partner in crime, mostly in moderation with positive results.  Being careful and respectful to not abuse it. Always giving myself at least 2 weeks before taking it again, but usually much more. Haven't ever taken more that a pill and half for a whole night. Usually am fine with just half and half a few hours later. 

So now coming up to Glasto which is a several day event, I've been considering taking 2 nights over the weekend. I was thinking maybe a quarter on Thursday night with a fair bit of alchohol and then Saturday "full on" (but not more than 1.5/2 pills). 

What's the deal with MDMA being done over few days? Does it still work, do you need more? Wouldn't be suprised if people do it two days in a row as I'm aware this country is known for it's consumption (I didn't grow up here, but live here now), but I just don't know anything about that and obviously never done it myself multiples times over a weekend.

Anybody who'd be willing to share experiences and advice, I'd greatly appreciate it. Can be a private/message DM if you prefer.

Thanks!