drugs - stay safe

eFestivals

It’s also worth noting that whilst you can take something and be fine and safe, drugs and unwelcome additives have effects after the initial high. I have now stopped taking drugs and this will be my first Glastonbury without indulging. The after effects were too much for me, I’m lucky enough to never have suffered with depression but after taking drugs my mood is massively altered for up to two weeks after. Decided it’s just not worth it anymore, I don’t need that intense feeling of sadness. Not trying to talk anyone out of anything but something to consider when making your decision.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, LSTx said:

300mg pills that is ridiculous! 

Nintendos were the perfect balance (170-190mg). 

I've always found it better doing measured bombs of mdma instead of pills, at least that way you can then measure how much you're putting in

Looking again at the pills in the report they both have break lines on the back and so are clearly designed to be split and taken in two sessions, this would seem to be about the dose you are suggesting, maybe it's worth pointing out to people if a pill has a break line it should only be taken a half at a time.

10 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Looking again at the pills in the report they both have break lines on the back and so are clearly designed to be split and taken in two sessions, this would seem to be about the dose you are suggesting, maybe it's worth pointing out to people if a pill has a break line it should only be taken a half at a time.

The problem is that isn't much of an indicator as there are plenty of pills produced with a break line that are ~100mg

Edited by concerned
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Looking again at the pills in the report they both have break lines -  on the back and so are clearly designed to be split and taken in two sessions, this would seem to be about the dose you are suggesting, maybe it's worth pointing out to people if a pill has a break line it should only be taken a half at a time.

Yeah but no.  Pills since I first saw them in 1990 - when the avg dose was 130-150mg so half the current level - also had fracture lines.

Edited by Janaka

1 minute ago, gizmoman said:

It really is a minefield isn't it? Glad i'm not a user.

It is. Better education and regulation are needed IMO. I did my dissertation on this in 95/96, can't believe we've not really progressed since then and are having the same debate.

Because of the increase in demand there is an increase to supply and consequently an increase in shite being made up.

Even if people are against participating in drug taking personally, I don’t know how anyone could think that available testing at places such as festivals isn’t a good thing. 

I think they should be a permanent thing at festivals. We all know it goes on and always will.... so educate people so they are safe if they choose to do so.

Edited by CeriG

6 hours ago, gearbm95 said:

Coming from the US and almost all of our MDMA is in powder form, very few pills over here. LSD has become the drug of choice at a lot of fests over here...is it easy to find acid paper at glasto? Not sure I want to risk traveling abroad with it.

Acid does get offered but magic mushrooms are more common .

At least with mushrooms you know exactly what you're buying.

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer

9 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

It’s also worth noting that whilst you can take something and be fine and safe, drugs and unwelcome additives have effects after the initial high. I have now stopped taking drugs and this will be my first Glastonbury without indulging. The after effects were too much for me, I’m lucky enough to never have suffered with depression but after taking drugs my mood is massively altered for up to two weeks after. Decided it’s just not worth it anymore, I don’t need that intense feeling of sadness. Not trying to talk anyone out of anything but something to consider when making your decision.

Yes, not wishing to contradict my posts above (I think it actually does the opposite though) Now I’m well unto my thirties I try and avoid MD at all costs simply because of how it makes me feel a few days later. I had some great fun taking it in my twenties, but for me now the high isn't worth the low. I can get close to a similar buzz from alcohol and and the first part of the week is far more bearable.

I do however think for me this is just an age thing, there are plenty of things other than class A drugs that as you get older you get tired of doing. I can still comfortably see the appeal for younger people to take them, and still maintain the fact they are dangerous in the first place is because they are illegal more than anything else.

12 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Acid does get offered but magic mushrooms are more common .

At least with mushrooms you know exactly what you're buying.

We were definitely offered acid by the stone circle on Wednesday afternoon in 2017. In fact we got so sick of people coming up to us offering various things we moved (and we were trying to find shade)

13 hours ago, LSTx said:

300mg pills that is ridiculous! 

Nintendos were the perfect balance (170-190mg). 

I've always found it better doing measured bombs of mdma instead of pills, at least that way you can then measure how much you're putting in

They were so good! I had the full set of characters :p also why dont people use the pill reports website to check the contents of their pills?

• Like 1

I don't do illegal drugs - the legal ones do me enough harm/good.

For me, having read and thoroughly agreed with Chasing the Scream, drugs should be legalised (that book did change my mind on the topic, and I agree with all the caveats in there).

But right now, bollocks to the purity - it's the harm done in the supply chain that should make people think twice.

9 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Congrats, you will find the festival just as good, just need a power nap to make it into the SE corner ?

not feeling like death for a week or two after is great as well.

be prepared to eat 5 meals a day though ?

1 hour ago, hfuhruhurr said:

For me, having read and thoroughly agreed with Chasing the Scream, drugs should be legalised (that book did change my mind on the topic, and I agree with all the caveats in there).

But right now, bollocks to the purity - it's the harm done in the supply chain that should make people think twice.

But the supply of MDMA is mostly made up in labs in the Netherlands through the hands of some dodgy types but it's nowhere near as bad as the third world exploitation that goes on if you're buying Cocaine or Coca Cola or an iPhone.

Just be careful and know what to do if you or anyone else goes sideways. I recommend polos. If you feel a bit peculiar, have a sit down, some water, and a polo and a cuddle. 

Also- quarter or half at a time and wait at least an hour before doing any more!! 

That's my two pence worth. 

Stay safe, folks :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hfuhruhurr said:

This is how backwards our drug laws are: it's often the legal ones that are more dangerous than the illegal ones. 

This country's drug laws are in desperate need of reform. The war on drugs has been lost and should never have been waged. I can't think of a right more fundamental than the right to peacefully steward the contents of your own consciousness. 

Legalise it all. Take the power away from the criminal gangs. And regulate the lot! 

2 minutes ago, Henrik said:

This is how backwards our drug laws are: it's often the legal ones that are more dangerous than the illegal ones. 

This country's drug laws are in desperate need of reform. The war on drugs has been lost and should never have been waged. I can't think of a right more fundamental than the right to peacefully steward the contents of your own consciousness. 

Legalise it all. Take the power away from the criminal gangs. And regulate the lot! 

Whichever country becomes the first to legalise all drugs will be making a great step for the rest of the world. 

I honestly beleive that it would make a great advert for all scientists and researchers going "hey, we've legalised everything. Want to come and study here?" Thus studying the effects of these drugs for the public to understand safe dosages and such. A lot of unfinished research on psychedelics, especially LSD and DMT.

Then the same country would have to deal with people travelling to experience these substances which in itself would bring $$$. 

I've thought a Nordic country like Norway or Denmark would make be able to pull this off. Though I know that drugs are even more taboo there than it is here.

3 hours ago, morph100 said:

Congrats, you will find the festival just as good, just need a power nap to make it into the SE corner ?

not feeling like death for a week or two after is great as well.

be prepared to eat 5 meals a day though ?

Yeah it'll be a different experience this year but I didn't even think about the struggle to stay awake, I'm hoping I'll have more energy this year anyway as I've shed a load of weight since the last one. As you say it'll be worth it afterwords when I don't have to deal with the sads for a couple of weeks on top of the post festival come down.

I can't add anything that hasn't already been said but people definitely need to be careful with dosing up before the first wave hasn't even hit.

People expect up to 30 mins for MDMA / E to hit but it can always be longer depending on your own body, how long since you last ate etc. In reality it can be anywhere up to an hour or even longer before you start feeling the first dose, so that's a critical time to evaluate how you're feeling and if you even need to dose up. Long story short - ALWAYS WAIT if you do plan or want to dose up! 

Things can get pretty scary and overwhelming at the best of times at Glastonbury; large crowds, loud music, hot tents, difficult ground to walk on, surreal or even frightening art installations, and taking too much will only amplify these. Everybody wants to have a good time and not have a bad trip. And always remember to keep some water on you and take a break and sit down if needed!

Stay safe peeps x

Edited by pentura